Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Anybody used single ear cup headphones? Le me know your thoughts!

Posted by bigboar 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Anybody used single ear cup headphones? Le me know your thoughts!
May 11, 2015 01:02AM
I am curious to what your thoughts are on them. I am going to do another hp project and am thinking of build a set. I have read about people not liking the volume and I already have a good idea of how I can over come that. I also hate how the up end on the ones being made look like the just removed the cup stem from the other side and then wrapped foam around it. I am going to machine a nice finished piece to combat that. I am curious as to any other issues I would need to address. I think I have a pretty good idea and would definatel be adding volume control, a mute switch and a removable/replaceable locking cord set up...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/11/2015 01:03AM by bigboar.
Re: Anybody used single ear cup headphones? Le me know your thoughts!
May 11, 2015 10:02PM
Sounds like something many would like to see/have Dale

keep us updated and show us some pics of the near final drafts

HH
May 11, 2015 11:34PM
Doesnt detector pro a pair of rattlers? You thinking snakes or the ability to hear outside noises. Ive went to the extent of putting better muffs on mine even to hear weak tones. Tried a single ear bud once....not my thing. GL on your project.
May 12, 2015 02:11AM
I had a pair of rattlers a couple years ago. Not for snakes but for urban rats if you know what I mean. They sound good, probably the same as my gray ghosts. To tell you the truth, I just didn't like hearing alot of outside noise through the one ear so I got rid of them but if necessity demands them then I recommend them.

hh
John
May 12, 2015 03:09AM
thanks for the comments guys! most places I hunt I want to shut out all outside noise but there are a few new places I get to hunt in town that I definately want to know whats going on around me..if you know what I mean. I am working on a couple other sets at the moment but I am hoping to start this project in the next couple weeks.
May 12, 2015 03:29AM
I use the rattler phones most the time, because Im usually out in the boonies with lots of rattlers, and the occasional wierdo. The sound is not that great. And Im not sure if my open ear (right) is going deaf, or I get too absorbed in detecting, but I still have a hard time hearing my surroundings.