Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

15 inches of dirt removed from old park...hear what I found!

Posted by gates21 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
15 inches of dirt removed from old park...hear what I found!
July 15, 2010 04:39AM
The city took up approximately 15 inches of dirt from a 100/100 ft area to build a new playground. I was only able to work it for about 4 hrs, but I am confident I retrieved all non-FE targets that my detector could find. Found was:
1851 3-cent silver
1904 indian head
A buffalo, V, and shield nickel,
2 wheats
misc. non-interesting relics.

Even targets that would have been 15 inches under the dirt were still mixed in with iron, those targets would have never been found with any detector. I was shocked that a tiny, thin coin like a 3 cent piece had sunk 18 inches.

Aaron

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/15/2010 02:42PM by gates21.
Re: 15 inches of dirt removed from old park...hear what I found!
July 15, 2010 10:27AM
...........And most folks think that targets are not that deep. SURPRISE!!!!!!!!! Welcome to the real world! VERY appreciative of your 'on-target' report. Congrat's on those good finds! I presume this was one of your 'best/successful' hunting days.
July 15, 2010 11:35AM
WOW!!! I'm stunned at the depth of the targets you found! Congratulations!
July 15, 2010 03:19PM
Since it was a park I wonder if resodding could have been a factor in increasing depth of target. Around my area we have had some good areas covered by new sod which adds another 3 to 4 inches in depth and eliminates some of the targets!

Wally