Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Question about rechargeable batteries

Posted by Mccrorysjewelry2 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Question about rechargeable batteries
May 11, 2015 09:47PM
I'm looking to buy some rechargeable batteries for my pinpointers and metal detectors. I see all these batteries with different Mah NI-MH on them. What should I get for my detectors and pinpointers. I use AA, AAA and 9-V's? I have the CTX-3030 and garrett pinpointer and deteknix X-pointer. Thanks
wjs
Re: Question about rechargeable batteries
May 11, 2015 09:56PM
The eneloop are real high rated. I have some of the AA and like them. I use the tenergy centura slow discharge 9v and it seems to work ok.
May 11, 2015 10:12PM
Garrett Propointers aren't that hard on the battery, so there's no need to go for ones with excessive capacity. A decent Brand, 150 - 240 mAh capacity one will be fine. Larger capacity no-brand betteries are best avoided, they have exaggerated capacity claims.

I recommend carrying a spare alkaline non-rechargeable PP3 with you, for those times when you forgot to charge your battery etc etc.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/12/2015 10:15AM by Pimento.
May 11, 2015 10:40PM
So what does mAh mean and what should I get in a AA, AAA and 9-V ? Thanks
May 11, 2015 11:41PM
Mccrorysjewelry2 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> So what does mAh mean and what should I get in a
> AA, AAA and 9-V ? Thanks

I found this and seems to explain it pretty well -

Milliamp Hour (mAh)

Milliamps Hour (mAh) is important because it's the easiest way to distinguish the strength or capacity of a battery. The higher the mAh, the longer the battery will last. Batteries with different mAh ratings are interchangeable. If your battery is rechargeable then the mAh rating is how long the battery will last per charge.

Milliamps Hour is 1/1000th of a Amp Hour, so a 1000mAh = 1.0Ah

Think of a cars gas tank. Voltage is how much gas is being used, and mAh is the size of the gas tank. The bigger the gas tank (mAh) rating the longer the device will run. If your battery is rechargeable, then think of the gas tank as refillable (rechargeable).
May 12, 2015 12:08AM
Most all battery are 1.2v . I see some that are 1.5v dose this make the battery last longer and can you use them in detectors ?
May 12, 2015 12:12AM
Do some internet research and buy the latest generation of rechargable with the best mAh ratings . Eneloop are good but there are others that perform as well and they are advancing the technology every day.
Do not buy the Ni-Mh batteries from Harbor Freight sad smiley
May 12, 2015 08:38AM
Most of the 1.5s are lith. Maybe to much juice for some machines. Check before buying these.... otherwise they seem to last forever bit are pricy. Tenegy are a good choice... with a quick memory charger that shuts off when charged.