Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Does anyone know any details on the omega 8500?

Posted by deadlift 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Does anyone know any details on the omega 8500?
May 12, 2015 11:06PM
Its supposed to be the next thing down pike from ftp.
Re: Does anyone know any details on the omega 8500?
May 13, 2015 01:56AM
Nope, first I heard. Any of the features, etc mentioned??
May 13, 2015 02:07AM
I think it is time for fisher to bring out the big guns and have a new flagship

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

If you don’t dig it, then how are you going to know what you’re missing!
How can you have your pudding if you don’t eat your meat!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/13/2015 02:39AM by Lawrenzo.
May 13, 2015 02:20AM
deathray Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Nope, first I heard. Any of the features, etc
> mentioned??

I dont know anything other then Gene Scullion (sp?) said its coming. Have to say Im intrigued, especially if they added some features. I nearly bought one and slapped a 13" ultimate on it this spring for relic hunting, then the racer came out. We also have alot of sites w/tin roofing all over, I believe Keith said the 8000 was his favorite unit around the tin.
May 13, 2015 02:51AM
I had an 8000...donated to AMRA raffle...but Im trading my gb pro for it this weekend.
May 13, 2015 06:11PM
If they added a boost mode, backlight like the F19 and trigger to the Omega it would be a killer machine....I suggested that to Dave J. a few years ago.
May 14, 2015 12:37AM
Agree cal cobra. The f44 is supposed equipped w/boost, maybe the 8500 will too. Not sure if the 8000 has iron audio, but it would be nice also. Wouldnt bother me for it to get a cosmetic upgrade either, I couldn't care less for looks typically, (I ran a beat up frankenstein nautillus for years) but something about the 8000's colors looked like a radio shack rig IMO.
May 14, 2015 01:54AM
Agree with both yall.
May 14, 2015 03:24PM
"WOW...it's the first I heard about this!!

But, if it will be [ anything ] like the older and original [ TEKNETICS 8500 COINCOMPUTER ] from 1983, I WANT ONE!!!!"

Cool...will be watching that very carefully now!"
May 14, 2015 04:29PM
I figure with all the different features First Texas keeps putting on these new machines, eventually they'll get one of them that has all the features I want in one machine - lol

Give me:

Red adjustable backlight like the F19
Boost mode
FA mode
adjustable break point
trigger
Easy to read display like the F75 or F5 (F5 has a wonderfully designed UI and display)
modulated audio
Good ergonomics like the F75
Good battery life (I personally like using 4 AA's that get 40+ hours)
DEPTH
Great seperation like the F75, Omega, etc.
Ground tracking would be very nice, it's a great feature on my Racer

Keep the price reasonable smiling smiley
July 04, 2015 06:05AM
I had the privilege of testing the new omega 8500. I'm a long time user if teknetics products and wrote several articles and reviews on the omega 8000. The 8500, thigh impressive in several areas, is not the 8000. It has light up red led with several adjustments, boost, and the one I tested had cache modes, although not sure if they kept it on the release model. It also had adjustable target tones, discriminate in all metal, multi frequency adjustment, memory sets that would allow you to save gb to auto adjust a few numbers lower or higher after gb procedure, and many more amazing and fun functions. I will receive my production model after release ave plan to do tutorial vids, and two full written reviews, one overall review and one technical review. If you have not read my review of the omega 8000, check it out, I am Shon "Kansas Digger" Fox, sometimes just Kansas digger, I am a Pro Detector, I write reviews, articles, and tech manuals. I also do YouTube vids. Find me on Facebook, Google+, anywhere lol. Thanks for adding me too the forum. I hope to get to know everyone, and if we already know each other, holler at me! Thanks again

KD
July 04, 2015 12:04PM
Kansas Digger Wrote:
> I had the privilege of testing the new omega 8500.
> I'm a long time user if teknetics products and
> wrote several articles and reviews on the omega
> 8000. The 8500, thigh impressive in several areas,
> is not the 8000. It has light up red led with
> several adjustments, boost, and the one I tested
> had cache modes, although not sure if they kept it
> on the release model. It also had adjustable
> target tones, discriminate in all metal, multi
> frequency adjustment, memory sets that would allow
> you to save gb to auto adjust a few numbers lower
> or higher after gb procedure, and many more
> amazing and fun functions. I will receive my
> production model after release ave plan to do
> tutorial vids, and two full written reviews, one
> overall review and one technical review. If you
> have not read my review of the omega 8000, check
> it out, I am Shon "Kansas Digger" Fox, sometimes
> just Kansas digger, I am a Pro Detector, I write
> reviews, articles, and tech manuals. I also do
> YouTube vids. Find me on Facebook, Google+,
> anywhere lol. Thanks for adding me too the forum.
> I hope to get to know everyone, and if we already
> know each other, holler at me! Thanks again
>
> KD

Discriminate in a.m.???------I am a pro detector???
July 04, 2015 12:26PM
Like on an F75, I assume - all-metal audio, with target ID on the display?
July 04, 2015 12:30PM

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/04/2015 12:33PM by go-rebels.
July 04, 2015 12:33PM
I look forward to the 8500 vs the 8000 vs the F44 vs the F19 vs the F75 vs the T2 vs the G2 vs the AT Pro and of course VS the Racer tests. UGH!

Here is something I noticed. On the three detector thread the only First Texas detectors mentioned were the F75 ( top of the line model ) and the F19 I assume for iron separation. And of course those loyal to the CZ. But this is by all rights the First Texas forum. You guys are the First Texas users from all over the world. And with the exception of the F19 none of you are choosing any of these modern First Texas detectors. I think that says an incredible amount. Just what the heck are they trying to sell?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/04/2015 12:43PM by goodmore.
August 05, 2015 10:57PM
Owners Manual [files.firsttx.net]

August 08, 2015 03:37AM
I like the Ground Grab Offset - I wish the Gold Bug Pro and F19 had that.

August 09, 2015 01:47AM
Sure hope they improve the makeup...8000 was radio shack quality makeup...
August 09, 2015 02:09AM
I'll wait till fisher does something new and different

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

August 09, 2015 08:50PM
Totally agree with you there LowBoy -
August 09, 2015 11:51PM
I've had an Omega since they came out, and I love it. But there's nothing different enough for me there to warrant an 8500. Now if it had a boost mode, maybe.
August 10, 2015 06:43AM
Shenandoah Digger Wrote:
> I've had an Omega since they came out, and I love
> it. But there's nothing different enough for me
> there to warrant an 8500. Now if it had a boost
> mode, maybe.

If you look at the manual, it does have a boost mode. Actually has a few variations of a boost process.
August 10, 2015 03:28PM
They need to try and do something new that works and is the next step for us to use. I'm not going to spend my money on boost and a few other changes...that may be my tough luck but I'll keep learning to use what I have since I don't seem to be having any problems finding relics at my hunted out areas.

LowBoy

[www.youtube.com]

August 11, 2015 02:04PM
Any opinions as to whether this new Omega 8500 is going to "handle" the EMI problem better than the 8000?---Or is it going to be about the same in that regard?
August 11, 2015 02:47PM
now the wifi phones from deteknix are out its worth looking at
September 25, 2015 01:45PM
D&P-OR Wrote:
> Any opinions as to whether this new Omega 8500 is
> going to "handle" the EMI problem better than the
> 8000?---Or is it going to be about the same in
> that regard?

From what I've read in the manual, it sounds like the 8500 may have some EMI solutions. I also like that you can adjust the different audio tone volume segments.

[files.firsttx.net]

tabman
September 25, 2015 03:07PM
Cal_cobra Wrote:
> Shenandoah Digger Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > I've had an Omega since they came out, and I
> love
> > it. But there's nothing different enough for
> me
> > there to warrant an 8500. Now if it had a
> boost
> > mode, maybe.
>
> If you look at the manual, it does have a boost
> mode. Actually has a few variations of a boost
> process.

I had an Omega 8000 and it was an absolute killer on coins. It was made for coins imo. (Much better than a T2 in my somewhat iron mineralized ground and I had more hours on the T2.) The E-Trac got around an inch or more of depth. When I went back to sites I hit hard with the Omega, the E-Trac found just a teeny bit more (deeper).
If the 8500 has a boost mode, I really wonder if that gives it an extra inch or two (depending on your ground). Was an incredible coin machine to start with, with more depth, well, that might make it special.

My one complaint would be I strictly used the 11" DD coil and it is a bit nose heavy with that. Any balance improvements here?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/25/2015 03:11PM by earthmansurfer.
September 25, 2015 04:35PM
earthmansurfer
I had an Omega 8000 and it was an absolute killer on coins. It was made for coins imo. (Much better than a T2 in my somewhat iron mineralized ground and I had more hours on the T2.)
I had four (4) Omega 8000's, all version 4's, and they were all great Coin & Jewelry Hunting units. I also worked the Omega 8000 in some very iron littered town sites and homesteads, etc., and used the 5" DD coil to best handle the target masking, and they all worked fine. I had a T2 when I got my first Omega 8000 in March of 2010 and quickly favored it (the Omega) for most of my hunting over the T2

earthmansurfer
The E-Trac got around an inch or more of depth.
I never had a E-Trac, but the 5 Explorer II's and one Explorer SE Pro I had could, on occasion and in the right conditions, get maybe an inch better depth.

earthmansurfer
When I went back to sites I hit hard with the Omega, the E-Trac found just a teeny bit more (deeper).
But I also hunted behind where I used the FBS units, and hunted with friends who use nothing but FBS models, and I always nab a lot of coins and other 'keepers' they have missed. And I didn't get tired doing it, either, with the excellent feel and balance of the Omega package.

earthmansurfer
If the 8500 has a boost mode, I really wonder if that gives it an extra inch or two (depending on your ground). Was an incredible coin machine to start with, with more depth, well, that might make it special.
Personally, I am not into the 'depth' topic as much as some people are, but I am into functional and performance, and knowing how well the Omega 8000 performed, then reading the manual and information on the pending 8500, it is on my MUST HAVE list. My 5" DD coil is just waiting for the Omega 8500 to be released, and I have four different mining town and railroad town sites I am eager to take it to. Some of the new features proposed are very appealing to me, such as adjusting the master Volume level, then selecting the Audio Volume desired for the different notch segments.

earthmansurfer
My one complaint would be I strictly used the 11" DD coil and it is a bit nose heavy with that. Any balance improvements here?
I didn't have that compliant because I don't like the 11" DD coil, or the weight and balance, nor the 'fit' in the trashier sites I most often hunt. The stock 5½X9¾ Concentric coil worked 'OK' for me for general day-to-day hunting in typical open territory, but I found the round 8" Concentric to match or better that performance.

I used the 5X10 DD coil and, if I had to pick a DD coil between it and the 11" BiAxial, it would be the 5X10 DD. But for me, when I got into trashier conditions, I quickly went to my 5" DD on it's own lower rod and easily handled the tougher challenges we face. I would guess the coming Omega 8500 will have the elliptical Concentric coil, and that's fine, but I will track down a good 8" Concentric, and possibly get the 5X10 DD, but most of the time, in places I hunt the most, my 5" DD will be mounted to it and getting the best of performance from the soon (I hope) to arrive Omega 8500.

I am also going to grab another Omega 8000 to have on-hand for family, friends and as a 'loaner' unit for when I offer it to a property owner to join in the fun when I try to gain access to their property. It will make a nice complement to having the Omega 8500 in hand, because they are going to generally appear to be the same or very similar.

Monte
September 25, 2015 05:05PM
Monte get a Omega version 5 or 6. I'd like to hear your opinion on the differences between version 4 and version 5 or 6. I've owned both version 4 and 5 and I can tell a difference. The high audio tone comes in better at a lower sensitivity setting. A sensitivity setting of 60 to 70 seems to get the same depth as higher sensitivity settings do, but without all the EMI. They changed something!

tabman
September 25, 2015 05:09PM
70 is max signal gain on the Omega. All settings above 70 are threshold adjustments.

HH
Mike