Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Sold my like new E trac BUT

Posted by sonny(IN) 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Sold my like new E trac BUT
May 13, 2015 02:36PM
I have decided that if I get another detector it will be the 3030. I have owned several e tracs and think they are hard to beat for silver . Just a little concerned about the learning of the 3030 but for now I am fishing and shooting pistols and rifles for a hobby. Will most likely miss detecting eventually....My concern is the 3030 really any better than the ET??????????????????????
Re: Sold my like new E trac BUT
May 13, 2015 03:09PM
Have you ever come across a 7.62x54 Single shot? If so let me know, thanks.
May 13, 2015 03:20PM
sonny(IN) Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
>.My concern is the 3030
> really any better than the
> ET??????????????????????

In my opinoin, having used both, other than being waterproof, the performance is marginal.

Many more coil options for the E-Trac too.

Sold my 3030...kept the E-Trac.
May 13, 2015 03:20PM
Hey doc -

The 3030 is a way better deer rifle and flexible as hell of handloaded, plus as American as Teddy Roosevelt -

LOL

Rick Kempf
Gold Canyon AZ- where there is no gold
May 13, 2015 04:13PM
I love to hunt with my 3030. will knot down a deer just like a 3006
May 13, 2015 04:17PM
The CTX is actually a little easier to navigate around through the controls. The mixed mode audio and target trace were the 2 biggest features I liked over the Etrac and the balance I perfect compared to the nose heavy Etrac.

Walt,

From the GA-FL line

Silver microMax, CTX 3030, Excal 2, ATPro
May 13, 2015 05:38PM
Well to me the CTX 3030 was a beast to swing. Balanced or not 5.5 pounds ways on you after awhile. And if you have any kind of shoulder issues it will bring them to lite and that is for sure. As for preformance it to me Didn't I.D. as tight as the Etrac and didn't have the sweet Minelab trademark silver warble I'm addicted too. JMHO.
May 13, 2015 11:10PM
CTX could punch through powder dry soil better than the etrac as long as it was in GC.

Other than that pretty equal. CTX could really use a variability option like the etrac. Also sold the CTX and kept the etrac. CTX is just not worth the price of admission over the etrac imo.
May 14, 2015 12:27AM
The CTX is better in the trash. The ability to display multiple targets on the screen is a plus. The ability to customize tones is a big plus. The E Trac has TTF. But with the CTX you don't even need to look at the screen. Both suck in the swinging department. The CTX is more stable than the E Trac around salt water. As I said in numerous posts the CTX would be my number one detector if it wasn't for the weight.