Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Deus Ground Balance question

Posted by DigDugNY 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Deus Ground Balance question
May 14, 2015 05:06PM
Hey guys...I took my deus out for the first time today. Definitely have a learning curve ahead of me but I feel like I will thoroughly enjoy the detector once I put enough time in it. One thing I was wondering about is the ground balance. I had mine set to manual 90 and the mineralization bar on the right was empty...but I noticed while I was detecting that the GB index number that's above my manual one kept changing a lot. Does that normally happen? I was just curious because judging by what I saw, there wasn't any mineralization so idk why it would keep changing.
Re: Deus Ground Balance question
May 14, 2015 05:14PM
The ground was changing. It was reading the dirt.
May 14, 2015 05:16PM
First did you pump your coil over the ground and look at mineral meter?? You can always go into tracking GB and sweep some and it will show your ground balance setting. It will fluctuate some a few points even in mild ground-normal ops. Some places though the ground can change fast in just a short span/distance. Usually you'll notice your detector getting noisier and iron may start sounding a bit too good at times. The tracking GB on the Deus works great. 2 things though you need to be aware of. (1) In real heavy iron/trash a manual or pumping GB over clean ground may do better. (2). While using tracking GB when you come over a target, if you continue to sweep back and forth over it it's entirely possible your deus can see the target as a ground anomaly and you deus may track to the target hence the targets's tone may disappear.

I've actually made my deepest finds using tracking GB- just gee whiz info.
May 14, 2015 05:27PM
Does that mineralization strength bar only work when you have it in pump mode? I just had it set on manual 90, but like I said, the other number above that was changing quite a bit at times
May 14, 2015 05:33PM
Your mineralization graph works no matter what GB selection procedure you use. Just turn on your machine and over clean ground pump the coil down to about 2 inches above the ground. 3-4 pumps is all that's usually necessary. If you have any mineral the 2 or 3rd pump the graph should rise.

Just remember while you're searching/sweeping the mineralization graph is not accurate. Granted in hotter ground it may show some mineral on it when hunting/sweeping.
May 14, 2015 05:45PM
Yes, that is normal. You can add to and subtract if you need to.
May 14, 2015 06:11PM
tnsharpshooter Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Your mineralization graph works no matter what GB
> selection procedure you use. Just turn on your
> machine and over clean ground pump the coil down
> to about 2 inches above the ground. 3-4 pumps is
> all that's usually necessary. If you have any
> mineral the 2 or 3rd pump the graph should rise.
>
>
> Just remember while you're searching/sweeping the
> mineralization graph is not accurate. Granted in
> hotter ground it may show some mineral on it when
> hunting/sweeping.

Thank you...thats what I was curious about. I didnt know you had to pump the coil to get a reading on the graph. I will look more into it when I go to that spot again. It was really dry ground today
May 15, 2015 01:34AM
You did the right GB no bars or less then four bars leave it on 90 very stable that way

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

If you don’t dig it, then how are you going to know what you’re missing!
How can you have your pudding if you don’t eat your meat!
May 15, 2015 01:56AM
as you cross targets it can also interfere with the mineralization index...

Try not to run the auto tracking too much if theres alot of targets..I actually never use it...Im not prospecting in all metal mode Im tweaking it in DISC to hear what the tracking will not allow you to hear....

use manual ground bal......if you have half line to 3/4 lines full and need depth drop the ground bal. number a few points not alot...maybe 4...

use -1 silencer and 3 reactivity .....you will see stuff that few VLFs see in mineral at mid depth...

The -1 silencer setting will help you audibly monitor the dirt....theres no filtering so the dirt can be noisy if its mineralized so gauge how much negative gorund you can get away with...too much gorund noise feeding in and it will mask a good target...so if it gets too noisy ground bal CW some till its tolerable....Settings like this will be like a signal balance for lack of better words..

the DEUS has some good settings if you apply them..every site is different..dont become complacent with your setting's..the DEUS runs best TWEAKED for the site.....and its a tweakers unit...lots of things affect other things so be alert and study and let the audio saturate your audible sense..

Push the DEUS..or should I say take advantage of what it offer's...If you run it safe your wasting money in my opinion..run it agressive to get the moneys worth...the settings are there for a reason...

the ground balance the DEUS uses is not conventional like North American units...

“I don't care that they stole my idea . . I care that they don't have any of their own”
-Nikola Tesla