Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

15+"

Posted by markg 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
15+"
July 17, 2010 11:49AM
Tom can you confirm this by testing the T2 in your test garden?

"Super Sensitive - Detect Coins to 15 Inches and more"

This line came from the

[www.tekneticst2.com]

website.

They might be thinking about detecting a silver dollar at 15" which I think my F75 might do.
Re: 15+"
July 17, 2010 01:09PM
With a clad Ike dollar and a Morgan silver dollar at 15" in mineral-free dirt..........the standard T2 will not detect these coins. Almost......but not quite. Due to the operating freq of the T2..........a low conductive nickel is nearly detectable to 15"..........but not quite. This is in all-metal mode with all other settings max'd out.
July 18, 2010 03:58PM
I have people tell me they don,t like the T2, WHY? is there something that some people can,t understand or what? If a detector will get a nickle at almost 15" that is good un. Just don,t know. Dean
July 18, 2010 08:24PM
I had one T2 but I was really locked into my CZ3....funny story I was about to wrap my CZ3 around a tree about six years ago and Nasa Tom talked me through it and I fell in love with the detector it was perrty good at the beach. Anyway when I got the T2 I didn't like the lay out and the programing. I got the F75 and it felt like the CZ it was a fit. But nothing is wrong with the T2 it is a great machine fast deep great in iron alot of hunters like that machine. So it is really what you like that counts. You can't go wrong on the LTD or the new T2. In fact I got an Omega as a backup to the LTD becasue of its freq and EMI problems with the LTD and I love it as a backup...it is deep with the 11DD fast great in iron.

Tom hunts in way different ground then most of us so I think his machines are set up for that dirt. Some of his tricks don't work in my dirt. If you know your machine and it took me a long time to understand the F75/LTD I can hunt in almost any ground and I understand what it is telling me. I use the 5DD and in high trash or iron it has pulled out relics the 11DD missed. But again Tom has different ground and for him I think it is the 11DD for all of his hunts. The only ground I can't hunt in is high iron and in the gold country you will run into that kind of dirt. I know if I had a magnet and went over the ground it would be full of iron dust. This just kills my LTD.

We have to hope that in the near future we get the next flagship from fisher that is not just deeper and faster but can unmask better. Fisher I think is the leader with the new machine the LTD it has taken the F75 to a new level. I would love to see a machine that can hunt trash and give you a better chance at telling gold rings from trash. It gets harder to find new areas to hunt or hunt hunted old areas that have been hit by eveyone and his brother. The thing that is cool is finding our history in the ground. Even if I hunt and find a couple of relics that dates back to the 1800s it is just a great rush that last for a long time. But I have found some newer finds from the 1900s and it still is amazing the feeling you get.

It is like being a kid with a thousand dollar machine in your hands. Hunting keeps me young...and Tom and his forum and his videos are the best in the world he is a great guy and so honest and open. He gives to all of us and that is rare these days but I always say what goes around comes around. His videos are so great and his passion is so real.

All you guys on this forum are so great and so smart. I have to read your posts over and over to keep up but when I go out and hunt and that light bulb goes off in my head..I always think about all of your questions and say let me try this or that and see what and how it helps my hunt. This is the best forum bar none and I hope Tom is with us for a long time I look forward to his next video and when the next new machine comes out and works to his and our liking it will be great to start all over and learn a new machine with Toms and all of our input and results. I

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

If you don’t dig it, then how are you going to know what you’re missing!
How can you have your pudding if you don’t eat your meat!
July 19, 2010 04:50AM
I hunt with the T2. I think it's a great machine. Admittedly I've never detected a coin at 15" with the T2 but that goes for any other detector I've owned. The F75 seems to VID a little deeper but the T2 will still get the audio. It has alot of the advantages that the F75 has such as good depth (maybe not as good as F75 but close) and quick recovery speed that's so crucial in iron. I would have liked it to have a backlight but that's not a big deal. It also doesn't save your settings after turning it off but it's no big deal because it takes all of 10 seconds to setup the T2. You can sometimes pick up a used T2 at a decent price on E-bay.
HH
John