Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

How accurate is your detector's ID

Posted by gambler13 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
How accurate is your detector's ID
July 17, 2010 06:06PM
What machine do you use and how accurate is it in identifying the target?
Re: How accurate is your detector's ID
July 17, 2010 07:38PM
Teknetics Omega 8000 is my primary detector. Dimes, pennys, are dead on , quarters are good 75% of the time, 25% are flat screw caps but read a little lower than a quarter. Nickels are dead on if
it is a steady 56 or 57. If it bounces around 55 to 58 , most of the time it is a pull tab, sometimes a token, ring, or jewelry. Foil is correct 90% of the time. I have learned to use only the tones when detecting.
I hardly ever look at the display as I can now determine the target from the type of tone and the tone quality. I would be interested to hear from other Omega owners as to their thoughts.

T
July 21, 2010 09:06AM
Hey gambler,
right at the moment I use 3 detectors ( CZ-70 Pro | DeLeón | MXT ) and let me say, they all ID the sort of metal by 95% correct. If you're long enough in this hobby, the experience will show you the differences in the targets. It is a learning process. As I said, this is not for identifying correctly the buried target. But if you're listening carefully to the tones and you're watching carefully your display you're able to guess what you're going to dig.
That is why I'm digging not so clear targets every now and then just to confirm it IS iron.

Vito

gambler13 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> What machine do you use and how accurate is it in
> identifying the target?

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 07/21/2010 09:10AM by Vito.
July 21, 2010 03:18PM
If you count my ears and eyes my LTD and Omega are as about as good as it gets!

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

If you don’t dig it, then how are you going to know what you’re missing!
How can you have your pudding if you don’t eat your meat!
July 31, 2010 09:59PM
I can tell what I have under the coil more often with the E-TRAC than any other. The Omega is good too as well as the T2 but none are as good as the ET. The conductive number on the ET is very accurate.

J
August 01, 2010 09:23AM
I have the Fisher CZ70, F75 LTD and ID Edge, Minelab Sovereign, the Teknetics Omega. I would say that the Omega and the Sovereign (metered) are the most accurate, most of the time. Of course it depends on all kinds of variables (coins on edge, corroded, co-located with other objects, etc). Actually I find the Omega is pretty spot on most of the time, I'm even noticing that it can usually tell the difference between a clad and silver dime (slightly higher TID on the silver dimes). I do tend to dig just about anything that either locks on, or looks interesting depending on the detecting site.
August 01, 2010 12:54PM
My F 75 and F 75 LTD vid are always a bit bouncy, but good targets are usually a tighter vid then trash. Between vid and my ears, I am right far more often then not on what the target will be, including silver verses clad. In the limited time I have had with the Omega, I have found it to be spot on with everything but nickels. Nickels id as they should, bit so does some tabs and can slaw. HH jim tn
Omega & Safari
August 02, 2010 04:21AM
I have used the O-8 for the first 5 months of the year. I just picked up a Minelab Safari. Have about 5 hours on it. The safari seperates foil, nickels and aluminum VERY well. Im also finding nickels again. On the O8, nickels read all over the place if they are dirty. Better depth on coins also, in my neck of the woods. More challenging audio system, but finding coins I missed with the O8.
August 02, 2010 11:34AM
I have too many machines, but my XL-Pro probably ID"s coins the most accurate up to a certain depth. As usual, once coins/targets start to get deeper, ID's start to fall off in terms of accuracy.

I have dug a LOT of deep silver coins with my CZ6a that ID'd as iron. But since I was in areas where I knew deep silver could be found, any deep, faint, small, iron tone was dug. Yes, dug lots of iron/nails too, but silver coins as well. My CZ6a and Baron Cointrax are still probably my deepest machines, but once you learn the XL-Pro's meter, it ID's the best.