Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Can this be validated?

Posted by markg 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Can this be validated?
July 18, 2010 01:28PM
I received this message last December in regards to the F75.
Can you validate whether this is true or false?

One of the things Fisher misstated was that STAT MODE is for large deep objects.
It is a non motion target identification mode. It works great on coins/jewelry and civil war relics.
It is so deep that the motion all metal or discriminate modes cannot pick up targets it hits. Yes it hits every thing including all of the iron. But there is a secret to this mode that very few know. If you hit a bottle cap that the other modes want to accept as a coin, this mode will identify it, and other iron. Many times you will know its a good target and others you will have doubts. Simply scan the loop toward you and then away, and do this several times. Iron will cause EXTREME spreads in the targets identification, from the 90's to single digits. Conductive target i.d. numbers will stay the same. This is the only mode it works in correctly, but also if you scan side to side as normally you would do, the iron will fool the detector, in THIS mode. If you have some CW sites that have produced very small cuff buttons that read low, this should help in picking them out from nails. Deep bullets and other items that were previously too deep, you can now hit.
Also if you hunt projectiles, and want to hear all iron this should help produce a few, if you are experienced in this field, and know what a shell or bolt down deep sounds like.
The best way to set it up is to go to All Metal, then drop down and enter stat mode.
Do a fast grab ground balance, hold the loop up at least knee high, pull the trigger and hold it in pin point and go to the ground. If you don't have a perfect ground balance, go to manual ground and use it until you are satisfied.
Once you start hunting, try to keep the loop at the same level above the ground.
There is no auto tune built in, and it does drift because of that, so occasionally pull
the trigger to re tune the mode.
The STAT MODE is a CANNON.

This was sent to me about a year ago. I have never tried it, because I forgot about it. I might just give it a go.
Re: Can this be validated?
July 18, 2010 01:37PM
There is definately a lot of truth to this; yet, (as to be expected) ...... circumstances dictate. It MUST be tried in your site-specific dirt. The STAT mode in an air-test (which is nearly exactly what Florida dirt is)......these results are hard to ascertain. I have a "trust" problem with the 'drift' factor.