Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

8 days of digging....

Posted by diggwr27 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
8 days of digging....
May 19, 2015 10:39PM
8 hunts at a soccer field complex so far, some short, some a bit longer, looking for gold but I am finding a ton of clad and other jewelry targets in the meantime.
I have hunted a few other spots in my career with lots of coins but not like this.
2 of the park workers, (who really work to keep this place looking good all week full time), told me last year another hunter came by here and put a ton of holes that didn't heal up around these sidelines.
Yellow eye spots everywhere and they eventually asked him to leave and told him not to come back.
They thought he seemed kind of new at this, I assume he was digging when conditions were too dry or he just didn't know or cared how to dig holes correctly.
I assured them I do know what I am doing and we have had a ton of rain in the last few weeks so everything is real wet and bulletproof for now.
Also I mentioned even in public parks digging is a privilege, not a right, I believe.
When it dries up I will wait for more rain, but for now they are my friends and let me have the run of the place.
It pays to be nice, cooperative and a good representative of our hobby.
How much does it pay?
So far in 8 hunts almost $70, and there are still a ton of targets left to be dug.
I dug very few zincolns here, most of what you see are all high tones plus nickels.
Gold is the real target, surprised I haven't come across any so far with the amount of targets I have dug, but all those coins and other jewelry are holding me over till gold shows up.
One of these pesky coins is probably masking something a bit more yellow.
Pretty good problems to have when coins could be masking jewelry, I think.

Totals so far...
All this clad
3 wheaties
A few tokens of different kinds
3 large referee flipping coins
2 Kennedy halves also used for flipping
2 dollar coins including my first Abe Lincoln presidential variety
Tons of soccer pins, 2 from other states
3 toy cars including that cute little boot thing
1 tri-metal bracelet...copper, brass and the third metal is nickel I believe
1 fancy hairpin
1 silver cross earring
3 silver rings and 1 with a malachite stone in the prettiest setting I have dug so far

In case you didn't know Fishers can find coins and jewelry as easy as you please...the proof is below.

More to come including gold...I hope!

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 05/19/2015 11:26PM by diggwr27.
Re: 8 days of digging....
May 19, 2015 11:09PM
congrats, I'm sure a gold ring is waiting for you.....for me, I'm going to go take an ibuprofen....
May 19, 2015 11:21PM
WTG, I would still be sleeping on the recliner lol
May 20, 2015 12:43AM
Fantastic pictures! Man, thats alot of change! And some nice jewerly to boot!
May 20, 2015 01:13AM
Nice digs. You are running a F70 correct?? Gold jewelry should be there somewhere.
May 20, 2015 01:14AM
Nice finds! I was wondering are you using a screw driver and clad stabbin'? As the clad and most newer items aren't that deep. The athletic fields in my area won't let you hunt with anything but a screwdriver.
May 20, 2015 08:21AM
Small holes using a Lecshe.
Most coins and the rings are between surface--3" deep, a few deeper in a couple of areas by another inch or so.
I am not really good at that stabbing thing and it is really muddy so getting the coins out of the soil in this condition with my limited skill would be destructive.
One of the guys examined a few of my small holes he was able to find and pronounced me good to go.
The wet conditions in this case are helpful in healing the deep root system he told me they have here...whatever that is.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/20/2015 08:22AM by diggwr27.