Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Go-Find 60

Posted by scoopjohnb 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Go-Find 60
May 20, 2015 05:26AM
Well,... they should prohibit Detector junkies from visiting dealers.

Went in for a longer lower rod for the F19, came out with an extra set of Gray Ghosts and a Go-Find 60.
Put some batteries in and familiarised myself with all those hard to program controls :-)

For such a cheapy it has a very nice pinpoint with fairly fast SAT. You don't even need to hold down the "button".
I like hunting in All-metal and checking targets in disc when possible. This requires a fast and effortless switching of the pinpoint feature.

I don't expect any miracles, but imagine it will do well in a low to moderate trash situation.

It feels as light as a Deus and frankly,... well I missed that Deus lightness for the occasional swing.
No fancy chargers, just slip in some AA's.

Hardly a Deus, can't touch a CTX, runs and hides when it sees a GPZ. But it blasts the ACE into the dinosaur age, finally we see the advent of the I-Tector.

Now for the using and abusing,... the fun part :-)

HH
Johnb
Re: Go-Find 60
May 20, 2015 05:40AM
Looking forward to a real field review!
May 20, 2015 02:13PM
"Yes, well done on your New machine!

You're right...it does have a brilliantly fiendish pin pointing...and the Lit Display...a white light pleasurable to behold!"
May 20, 2015 09:13PM
Short dry beach hunt,... well it finds trash like the best of them :-)

Very honest disc circuit.
Quick cycle from pinpoint to disc and vice versa.

Pinpoint, All Metal is a gorgeous VCO AND it blinks the respective ID icon.
What more could a beach hunter want :-)

Great swing as well.

HH
Johnb
May 20, 2015 09:17PM
Fun fun fun till her daddy took the Teebird away.

They're selling fun – nothing wrong with that – give your kid a lightweight detector with an entertaining display and some weird simulator/game link with the iPhone, turn them loose on the beach and let them come back and show you all the ring pulls and pennies they found.

Nothing wrong with any of that.

If you get a kid who's actually interested in metal detectors however, you might want to give them something they can grow a little with – just my thoughts.

Rick Kempf
Gold Canyon AZ- where there is no gold
May 21, 2015 05:30AM
I don't know the exact age demographics of metal detector users, but expect it to be the same with other "slow" hobbies.

Kids and teenagers get "invited" in the hobby, then real life comes along with work, house, yard, kids, dog, car, etc. etc.
Then average Joe ends up settled and the kids leave the house, a little more time is alocated towards the hobbies.

That's when "us detectorists" get serious about digging ringpulls and detectors.

Personally I can still remember my first BB gun, Wheelhorse lawn tractor, Swiss Army knife, etc.

It's all about getting small guys "future GPZ buyers" comfortable with a logo and the brand.

At the moment I'm fixing a Toro Wheelhorse riding mower,... freaky,... but the gearbox tranny, belt driven clutch, single cilinder engine and thump thump idle sound.
Well I can almost smell my old oil burning Kohler engine.

Weird species us humans.

Back to the Go-Find 60, it has got an all metal signature which is very similar to the SDC 2300. You can't hear the minerals changing in the threshold, I think that would be too much info for a starting detectorist. But it really paints a target image very well.
Certainly from my point of view, the shape of things to come.

If anyone thinks I'm ranting, just point it out. LOL and go-find some FUN :-)

HH
Johnb
May 21, 2015 07:52AM
scoopjohnb Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Well,... they should prohibit Detector junkies
> from visiting dealers.
>
> Went in for a longer lower rod for the F19, came
> out with an extra set of Gray Ghosts and a Go-Find
> 60.
> Put some batteries in and familiarised myself with
> all those hard to program controls :-)
>
> For such a cheapy it has a very nice pinpoint with
> fairly fast SAT. You don't even need to hold down
> the "button".
> I like hunting in All-metal and checking targets
> in disc when possible. This requires a fast and
> effortless switching of the pinpoint feature.
>
> I don't expect any miracles, but imagine it will
> do well in a low to moderate trash situation.
>
> It feels as light as a Deus and frankly,... well I
> missed that Deus lightness for the occasional
> swing.
> No fancy chargers, just slip in some AA's.
>
> Hardly a Deus, can't touch a CTX, runs and hides
> when it sees a GPZ. But it blasts the ACE into the
> dinosaur age, finally we see the advent of the
> I-Tector.
>
> Now for the using and abusing,... the fun part :-)

Hi John.

Just wondering if you can give me a quick run-down on the GoFind in Pinpoint Mode only. I'll be buying one very soon, just waiting on the dealers first stock delivery.

I'm not interested in it's coin hunting abilities at all as I have many XTerra 's and other units it probably won't be comparable with. But are buying for the Pinpoint function alone, along with it's new coil design, as I like to try new vlf's in pinpoint or true all metal mode over highly mineralized ground types to suss out which ones carry an edge over others.

Could you give me rough estimate of depth on one of your lower conductive coins or a half inch lead sinker type target at all, air and or in ground, in motion during pinpoint.

If you can, thanks very much in advance....
May 21, 2015 07:53PM

A low conductive coin and a small bullet.

Below you can see 2 vids.
First the 4" coin, the GF60 easily hits the target.

Then the 6" bullet, the GF60 hits the target now and again. Repeated overing above the target and it get's lost in the tracking.
The coin at 6" didn't produce any signal at all.

Mineralisation was measured with the X-terra 705 and measured very low with the HF Elliptical coil.

As you can see the third icon on the display has gone :-(
Yep, first problem with the GF60, although I must say this was a demo unit at a Go Minelabbing day. And it wasn't handled very carefully by the kids young and old.
Will be replaced by a "brand new" unit when the dealer get's his first shipment.

HH
Johnb
May 21, 2015 10:52PM
Thanks a heap for going to all that to film a clip John, much appreciated.

You've saved me a few hundred as I thought the pinpoint mode would have had much more depth. Well, on to the next step-up to the F44 and Whites.

Thanks again....
May 22, 2015 03:55AM
First detector vid I managed, so pretty proud of myself :-)

Depth in pinpoint is on par with the X-terra 705 HF Elliptical, ground balanced with the auto grab.
What this machine has is tracking and target ID in pinpoint.

As I said, no miracles, but a lot of fun to use.

HH
Johnb

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/22/2015 05:05AM by scoopjohnb.