Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Thx for the stock coil tips...more from same spot

Posted by Tom41 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Thx for the stock coil tips...more from same spot
May 22, 2015 01:52PM
Changed over to the stock coil for yesterdays hunt. Ran the same area where the last two buttons came from, ran it in 3 tone...worked the area and had a pistol bullet and drip.. Changed over to 2 tone and worked the same area and pulled the knife with brass caps and plate (''SCOUT'' on plate), ornate latch and a buckle with brass catch. Can see where TT has it's place in pulling in more finds in a spot already worked even with iron attached.

Had a little bit of time left so I went to a old house site and tried to cherry pick as you all spoke of (didn't have a lot of time and didn't want to waste it)...TT Gain 70 IDF 82 and dug coins till my time was up. Pennies were 82 or older. Still trying to ID the brass pc.

Are you all that run the racer finding the stock coil to be more chatty or is it just my area? Thx again for the help.
Re: Thx for the stock coil tips...more from same spot
May 23, 2015 04:03PM
Tom, my stock coil is chatty as well. It also falses when I bump into small forest floor seedlings. But it will only false once. I can tap the plant (or rotten log) repeatedly and I do not get repeated falsings. Just one. But I have learned to live with it. But to answer you, yes, my unit is a bit chatty (not TOO much....not enough to annoy me.....yet,, it still does it. I can tap the cord, where it goes into the coil.......and it will false each time. (Figured I'd name a few things that my Racer has going on.) But, on the other hand, I can say, with complete candor, that I have filled up a 19" x 13" glass fronted display case completely full with Civil War relics.
Back to the chattiness.....I now have the LARGE coil.....the largest Racer coil currently made.......and that coil is silent. No chattiness. No falsing AT ALL........and it IS deep!!! Significantly deeper than the 11 inch. But that sucker is heavy. It's the first time that I ever decided that I might need a detector buddy! (I think that's what they call that strap that helps hold the weight of a metal detector whilst in operation.)
Tom, sorry for the long-windedness. But I've got detecting on the brain today. I hope you find several banner finds with yours real soon! Sincerely! kevin
Re: Thx for the stock coil tips...more from same spot
May 23, 2015 09:18PM
Thx Kevin, guess after using the small coil I got spoiled. Like you said it's was not enough to make you stop but could tell the difference as soon as you turned it on.

WTG on the case and hope to hear about many more.

Tom