Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Truth or Fish story you decide........

Posted by tnsharpshooter 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Re: Truth or Fish story you decide........
May 25, 2015 02:36AM
Im more enticed/glad your 83 years old and out hunting Still...My dad would be 81 right now and I would love to hunt with him for 1 more minute....

Good for you Sir...!!!I hope you have 3 more buckets to fill at least..!!!

Keith

“I don't care that they stole my idea . . I care that they don't have any of their own”
-Nikola Tesla
May 25, 2015 03:46AM
TNSS,

What you're doing is harassing this gentleman, Their are internet laws on this.

I've met a few old timers in my time who have dug allot of silver, So I do believe SM. He doesn't need to prove himself and those that want proof shame on you for asking or encouraging this post of TNSS.

I would love to hunt beside this old timer he has paid his dues,

Please, Leave him alone.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/25/2015 03:50AM by Old California.
May 25, 2015 04:00AM
Silver Master,

Please don't post your silver finds, The point is you don't need to prove yourself. To be questioned is an insult, Especially all the years you've put into the hobby. He owes you an apology for bringing this up, Along with those that want proof they too should be ashamed.

I like TMSS, But when someone is wronged I'll go to bat for anyone even if it means going against brother or friends.

Paul
May 25, 2015 04:27AM
Agree Paul.
May 25, 2015 04:51AM
Silver master,

I sure would like to see your coins. Two 5 gallon buckets, that's great. I'm at the opposite end of the scale. I'm 75 and really can't remember how long I have been detecting about 20 years I think, maybe more but have only found 2 US silver coins. Found lots of other stuff but only too silver US.

El
May 25, 2015 11:16AM
Old California Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> TNSS,
>
> What you're doing is harassing this gentleman,
> Their are internet laws on this.
>
> I've met a few old timers in my time who have dug
> allot of silver, So I do believe SM. He doesn't
> need to prove himself and those that want proof
> shame on you for asking or encouraging this post
> of TNSS.
>
> I would love to hunt beside this old timer he has
> paid his dues,
>
> Please, Leave him alone.

+1
May 25, 2015 11:53AM
Silver was plentiful back in the 70's and 80's .. Was funny because after responding to this thread earlier i got to thinking about detecting back then.. I found more silver than clad.. It was easy as it was everywhere.. Everyones pockets were full of silver and candy and pop machines were everywhere along with cigarette machines.. So many things you could buy for less than a dollar.. Heck just this winter i sold enough of my silver dimes i found last year to buy the glock 42 for a pocket pistol.. So yes its very possible to have buckets of silver.. But i also dont think there would be any embarrassing issues here...more like a high five and a super job buddy...
May 25, 2015 12:16PM
Great replies, Paul and Keith, to a thread that should never have been.

Silver Master, I can disagree with you on your views regarding "said detector" without attacking you. And in your argument I did find food for thought.

Wayne

Pleasant Garden, NC
AT Max, Nokta Impact, MX Sport, Nokta FORS Relic, GPX 4800, Infinium, Racer, Deus, F75SE, Nautilus DMC II (order of acquisition, last to first)

Does an archeologist argue with a plow? A bureaucrat with a bulldozer?
Anonymous User
May 25, 2015 01:45PM
Old California Wrote:
> TNSS,
>
> What you're doing is harassing this gentleman,
> Their are internet laws on this.
>
> I've met a few old timers in my time who have dug
> allot of silver, So I do believe SM. He doesn't
> need to prove himself and those that want proof
> shame on you for asking or encouraging this post
> of TNSS.
>
> I would love to hunt beside this old timer he has
> paid his dues,
>
> Please, Leave him alone.

I'd like to make another comment but maybe you should tell me what to say and when to say it. I'm kinda worried about internet law. Good thing we have you to keep things in perspective.
May 25, 2015 02:16PM
In a recent post Old California gave another reason to be careful what you post the young folks/children! I thank him for reminding me of this fact I rarely thought of, don't have any kids of my own but love them and kind of feel like there all mine to love, protect and cherish! I forgive and can only hope to be forgiven? HH

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/25/2015 02:17PM by rapidroy7.
May 25, 2015 02:45PM
Old California is speaking of DECENCY and RESPECT---not any law that would prevent anyone from responding to any post in any manner they may choose,BUT then we,the unwashed,are free to interpret YOUR response in the way we please.
Anonymous User
May 25, 2015 03:05PM
I'm glad the Holy rollers woke up. You must have been sleeping when the guy without 2 five gallon buckets of silver was getting slammed--[www.dankowskidetectors.com]
May 25, 2015 03:15PM
Hello forum friends, I'm not perfect by any means and probably have more short comings to sink a fleet of ships.

To be honest, I really enjoy what TNSS brings to the forum. Having five years under his belt he's done well, very advanced hunter.

Let's but this behind us, looking forward to reading more of TNSS and SS post in the future, both great guys.

Hope you can overlook my short comings, I've got a ton of them.

Paul

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/25/2015 03:16PM by Old California.
May 25, 2015 04:01PM
There is No Law that sez "Holy Rollers" can't be Selective in their outrage.
May 25, 2015 04:02PM
Kemper Wrote:
> I'm glad the Holy rollers woke up. You must have
> been sleeping when the guy without 2 five gallon
> buckets of silver was getting
> slammed

LOL!!!

Bey
qwk
May 25, 2015 04:19PM
Totally believable story. I have hit virgin sites a couple of years ago that produced dozens of mostly silver dimes. There werent that many copper coins. The silver:copper ratio isn't set in stone. It varies quite a bit. Now imagine, 30 years ago these sites were very common. It would have been relatively easy, given enough effort to fill some buckets with silver back then.
Anonymous User
May 25, 2015 05:30PM
SeabeeRon Wrote:
> deathray Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > If he said he did, then he did. I would never
> call
> > a guy out like that, can be embarassing.
>
>
> Good answer deathray! What prompted this thread
> in the first place? To quote someone..."Can't we
> all just get along?"

To answer your questions; first I'll say that I think what prompted this thread was someone posting something that seemed unusual,perhaps unbelievable. Nothing wrong with asking for more clarification and pointing out why something seems unusual or unbelievable. Without being able to do so the forum could become a playground for BSers as I've seen elsewhere and will furnish a link to. To answer your second question ; probably not and probably should not as that could have the same results as the answer to your first. Of course no matter how considerate and respectful a person would be when calling someone out others might not return that respect. You may remember this link--[metaldetectingforum.com] I hope it is not seen as trouble, but rather as a learning experience.
May 25, 2015 06:10PM
It would seem that most of these referenced links have a Very Common theme running through them:Most forums tire very quickly of certain posters.
May 25, 2015 06:58PM
My guess is both TN and Silver are good people and share a love of the same hobby - they got sideways on their opinion of the Racer and never got back on the same side. I think they both have way more in common then they have different. I am also pretty sure TN regrets starting this post. So Silver and TN I am glad you are both on this site. I respect and appreciate the contributions you both make. Get back to focusing on those things you have in common.

Bryanna - Nebraska

Current - New to me but not new MXT Pro and T2 SE2 - Previous Minelab Sovereign GT, Minelab Safari, Whites DFX, Whites Eagle Spectrum
Smile its a good for you!
May 25, 2015 07:24PM
doc holiday Wrote:
> It would seem that most of these referenced links
> have a Very Common theme running through them:Most
> forums tire very quickly of certain posters.

It appears my hypocrisy knows no bounds.
May 25, 2015 07:35PM
Wyatt: "Doc you're no hypocrite,you just like to sound like one."
Anonymous User
May 25, 2015 08:17PM
doc holiday Wrote:
> It would seem that most of these referenced links
> have a Very Common theme running through them:Most
> forums tire very quickly of certain posters.

Points do bring counter-points.
The link I provided is on topic and shows similar repercussions a member can expect if they question something unusual. I do find it important though to question such as I stated before. I don't know how you can draw a conclusion that-- "Most
forums tire very quickly of certain posters. " but hat may be true. If the "certain poster" is just a member, a person can see some views about them although I don't think that will give a clear picture of what the "forum" thinks if you are talking about the forum as a whole. If the "certain poster" that the forum may be getting tired of has authority that is harder to get a view on as they may be protected by rules that disallow any negative remarks or even questions of their posts.

I think I'm pretty well liked everywhere I go by the forums as a whole but I only base that in part on what the record shows. Deleted records would give me a boost. While I find your post borderline on-topic I hope I touched on your point. Of course whether forums are a representation of a few people or the members it's probably best to let them know how you feel----[www.youtube.com]
May 25, 2015 08:51PM
Having to "explain" oneself constantly has to be tiring. Over and Out.
May 25, 2015 09:04PM
Thanks people for the benefit of the doubt - it's not needed but thanks
Thanks for your support but I don't feel it needed either
My post to TNSS in response should have been enough!
But thanks anyway
May 25, 2015 10:38PM
Silvermaster,
I've been invited by a friend who's been invited to give a presentation to the metal detecting club you belong to. It will be the next monthly meeting or the one after. What's your real name? I'm asking because I want to make sure when I start talking to some of the members and start giving kudos for your monster silver haul, I am complimenting the right person. Besides you may be there, how would I know how to recognize/find you?
BTW, My real name is David Newberry

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/25/2015 10:53PM by tnsharpshooter.
May 25, 2015 11:08PM
When I was young my grandfather owned a 2000 acre ranch. It seemed every day we would jump in the jeep and go somewhere and mend fences. We mended a lot fences on my visit. Ever sense I have felt fence mending is a great thing to do.

Bryanna - Nebraska

Current - New to me but not new MXT Pro and T2 SE2 - Previous Minelab Sovereign GT, Minelab Safari, Whites DFX, Whites Eagle Spectrum
Smile its a good for you!
May 26, 2015 12:27AM
Wtf Tnn? Respect your elders man. Thought this was over, then you do that passive/agressive crap my mother in law pulls. LEAVE THE MAN ALONE.
Anonymous User
May 26, 2015 12:53AM
deathray Wrote:
> Wtf Tnn? Respect your elders man. Thought this was
> over, then you do that passive/agressive crap my
> mother in law pulls. LEAVE THE MAN ALONE.

I know...your right. Wish he lived in NoCal. Like to "discuss" some things with that dip@#$%&. RAY--deathray
May 26, 2015 09:00AM
I was always taught as a child to respect my elders and that if I didn't have something good to say don't say nothing at all. I guess I'm old fashioned but I'm glad I was brought up that way.
May 26, 2015 10:24AM
and now we digress.......