Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Neat V3i story...

Posted by Beyonder-Pa 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Neat V3i story...
May 24, 2015 05:35PM
So it was back to the BSA camp. My father and I hunt the area I have been pounding for a few days. We came up with about 6 silver dimes a few buffs and 16 wheats.

So I get a signal on the V3i, it's a wheat signal 55-64 VDI but, the end sweep is in the high 70's VDI. I use the analyze function and I am getting a mixed "W" wave form(red peak(7.5 khz) and green peaks(2.5khz) on either side). I dig it and sure enough there was a wheat in the hole 5 inches, no other signal. I cover the plug and thought, "Okay, WTH was that all about?" I check the hole again and there is a 76 VDI still in the hole. I flip the plug, and dig and dig and dig. At about 10 inches I am getting a hit on my pinpointer. I dig down another inch and out pops a Crotal bell! My second one ever! This one was fully intact it even still has the ball inside! I was amazed! Now most finds here didn't break the 8-9 inch mark so how that got there so deep was intriguing. The wheat almost completely masked the bell.

Bey
Re: Neat V3i story...
May 24, 2015 06:20PM
Great finds!!! Nice story. Just think if you wouldn't have reswept the hole. You or someone else would have found it later maybe. Sorta falls into a recent thread discussion about why some sites come back alive. I think many unmaskers are dug over time. Some of these unmaskers are clad, some copper, some silver. With the ground healing where the maskers were dug other deeper good finds are indeed possible when hunting at a later date(s).
May 25, 2015 04:34AM
Good point!

Bey
May 25, 2015 07:09PM
Bey, now that is freaking awesome!