Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Happy Memorial Day

Posted by tnsharpshooter 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Happy Memorial Day
May 25, 2015 06:56PM
As most of you know this is a day to remember the fallen troops. Everyone please take a moment and bow your heads or look at an American flag if you have access and think about the sacrifices made by the troops. The ultimate sacrifices by them helped Restore and Preserve freedoms we enjoy today in the the greatest country on the face of the earth. Some of these fallen troops actually used/lost some of the relics we find today we cherish so much.

A retired senior non-commissioned officer of the United States Air Force myself, when on active duty I got to see/ experience war. I saw it effects. I got to see some of the sacrifices being made by actual soldiers, their families, and loved ones. War can be a terrible thing, but sometimes necessary.

I salute all the men and women who have served and are serving in our Armed Forces protecting this great nation- the United States of America.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/25/2015 07:03PM by tnsharpshooter.
Re: Happy Memorial Day
May 25, 2015 07:17PM
Will do, saw a tv clip on a wounded Vietnam soldier last night it was so sad and uplifting at the same time, when I see what some people have to deal with my troubles are insignificant.
May 25, 2015 07:52PM
Happy Memorial Day to all past and present, and yes indeed let's remember the fallen troops of yesterday.

Good point, some if these relics we dig were lost from fallen troops.

Thanks for the post, a reminder to all of us the sacrifices the troops indured.

Paul
May 25, 2015 08:02PM
All gave some--some gave all. God bless all who have served,are serving,and those who will serve. I salute you.
May 25, 2015 09:23PM
Yes...and the only way we can come close to paying you men back is to keep up the fight for freedom and liberty and NOT let this great country be taken apart.
May 25, 2015 11:02PM
I am a 26 year veteran of the U.S. Navy - how time flys. We should be thankful there are those willing to put their life on the line to protect our way of life.

tnsharpshooter Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> As most of you know this is a day to remember the
> fallen troops. Everyone please take a moment and
> bow your heads or look at an American flag if you
> have access and think about the sacrifices made
> by the troops. The ultimate sacrifices by them
> helped Restore and Preserve freedoms we enjoy
> today in the the greatest country on the face of
> the earth. Some of these fallen troops actually
> used/lost some of the relics we find today we
> cherish so much.
>
> A retired senior non-commissioned officer of the
> United States Air Force myself, when on active
> duty I got to see experienced war. I saw it
> effects. I got to see some of the sacrifices
> being made by actual soldiers, their families, and
> loved ones. War can be a terrible thing, but
> sometimes necessary.
>
> I salute all the men and women who have served and
> are serving in our Armed Forces protecting this
> great nation- the United States of America.

Bryanna - Nebraska

Current - New to me but not new MXT Pro and T2 SE2 - Previous Minelab Sovereign GT, Minelab Safari, Whites DFX, Whites Eagle Spectrum
Smile its a good for you!
May 25, 2015 11:07PM
I didn't realize that Bryanna. Thank you for your service.
My favorite commercial btw, It's in a cafe or fast food I believe. When the active duty member and I think the VietNam vet exchange thank yous. Every time I see that commercial my heart jumps a bit.
You no doubt have seen it.

I did get to spend some time in the Navy sorta. I spent 60 days on temporary duty on Midway Island. My best trip while on active duty by far. And earlier spent some time at Roosevelt Roads NAS for 3 weeks.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/25/2015 11:16PM by tnsharpshooter.
May 26, 2015 10:28AM
Always remember
May 26, 2015 07:25PM
Bryannagirl Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I am a 26 year veteran of the U.S. Navy - how time
> flys. We should be thankful there are those
> willing to put their life on the line to protect
> our way of life.

I am a day late to this thread, but wanted to chime in my respect to all those who served!
I was a "Dry Land Sailor" as Seabees are sometimes know!
I have been remembering my father-in-law who was Navy in the Pacific and my Dad who was Army in Europe during WWII.
May 27, 2015 12:04AM
Bryannagirl, Seabeeron, et al,

Thank you for your service.

US Army, light weapons infantry aka Grunt.