Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Funny

Posted by Bflo 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Funny
May 26, 2015 02:06AM
Saw this and laughed. It's pretty true about 98 % for me

Author: David Howell, Email

I grew up in Del Rio, TX and married a girl from high school. We've been married 25 years this November, have two kids 21 and 18, a son-in-law and a grand daughter. I served in the USAF for nearly 21 years and retired late 2006. Now I work as a government contractor for the USAF.

“I do believe a great machine can make a really good detectorist a great detectorist. I also believe that the same person, with a machine they understand, will find more and better finds than a person with a great machine and no ability to properly use it.”

In the vein of "You Might Be a Redneck..."

You Might Be a Detectorist...

...if you'll step over a penny on the sidewalk, but will dig six inches for a dirty penny.

...if you hide your detecting magazines so the kids don't mess them up.

...if your spouse says in a seductive voice, "Let's do something you want to do for a change", and you start packing the detectors for a hunt.

...if you have a nightmare where a favorite spot becomes posted "off limits" and you have to drive out to see that it's not posted before you can go back to sleep.

...if you've ever cleaned your coins in the kitchen using the good bowls.

...if you mark your calendar to go to the fair on the day after the fair closes.

...if you plan your family vacations around places that are good to detect.

...if you'd rather your kid become an archeologist than a doctor.

...if your idea of a college fund is the clad coins you've dug up.

...if your kids have to go "beep, beep, beep" to get your attention.

...if your children were named after detectors.

...if you have a room in your house covered with maps and dedicated to research, but no living room.

...if your car, truck, boat or even your house, matches your detector.

...if your detector has a name other than the one the manufacturer gave it.

...if you have a heart tattoo and the name of your detector in the middle of it.

...if you skip lunch so you'll have money for batteries for your detector.

...if you're looking for a new home and the realtor locks the car doors, but you think the rundown neighborhood with abandoned houses looks like a good option.

...if you cash your paycheck and ask to be paid in rolled coins.

...if the thought of a scratched coin makes you even a little bit sad.

...if you cheer the hurricane as it makes deep cuts in the local beach.

...if you took notes when your grandfather told old treasure tales.

...if you volunteer at a nursing home because the leads are good.

...if you guard a good site like a good fishing hole.

...if you've ever offered to mow a vacant lot for permission to hunt it.

...if sayings like "every cloud has a silver lining" or "making golden memories" make you think about a good detecting hunt.

...if your car is ten years old, but you have the latest detector.

...if your shoes are ten years old, but you have the latest detector.

...if you have no shoes, but you have the latest detector.

...if you catch your spouse using your digger in the garden and somehow feel its been violated.

...if your spouse buys you detecting accessories for your anniversary and it makes you tear up.

...if your spouse hints at wanting jewelry, you grab your detector and go to the beach rather than going to a jeweler.

Download this Article

Metal Detecting Hobby Talk - © Copyright 2010 by Lee
Re: Funny
May 26, 2015 02:28AM
And here I thought Imhad just,invented the metal detector joke!!!

Great stuff!

Rick Kempf
Gold Canyon AZ- where there is no gold
May 26, 2015 02:55AM
Good stuff!!!

made me laugh...

Keith

“I don't care that they stole my idea . . I care that they don't have any of their own”
-Nikola Tesla
May 26, 2015 03:09AM
Keith, you laugh because you know about 99% of it is you, and you have though about the other 1%. ha ha ha.
May 26, 2015 04:42AM
That reminds me of my detecting buddy, he would use his lunch hour to detect,,then later in the day post his lunch hour finds, he had some pretty good vintage finds..
Myself used to carry a basic detector in my van just in case came across a hunt site, very addictive passion.
May 26, 2015 06:21AM
Oh, man...I loved it!

mike
May 26, 2015 10:32AM
I've heard a bunch but those were good, very funny.
May 26, 2015 11:16AM
Where'd you find "my" list???? smiling smiley
May 26, 2015 11:26AM
Haha
May 26, 2015 12:31PM
Two relic hunters, Beau & Bobby, got a pilot to fly them into the Canadian wilderness, where they knew of a secret major relic location where a company of Confederate soldiers went live after the Civil War. They managed to find so many good relics (bullets, buttons, shells, & buckles) they couldn't hardly believe their luck. They found so much stuff there was a problem however.
As they were loading the plane to return, the pilot said the plane could only take the diggers, their gear, but only one could take their relic finds.
The two objected strongly. "Last year we found this much stuff, and the pilot let us take all of it with us... and he had exactly the same airplane as yours."
Reluctantly, the pilot, not wanting to be outdone by another bush pilot, gave in and everything was loaded.
However, even under full power, the little plane couldn't handle the heavy load and went down, crashing into the deep wooded wilderness.
Somehow, surrounded by the piles of relics, clothing and sleeping bags, Beau & Bobby survived the crash.
After climbing out of the wreckage, Beau asked Bobby, "'Any idea where we are?"
Bobby replied, "I think we're pretty close to where we crashed last year!"
May 26, 2015 02:46PM
Nice one!

Rick Kempf
Gold Canyon AZ- where there is no gold