Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Well after some thought, new ATX on the way....CTX traded.

Posted by Jack Flynn 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Well after some thought, new ATX on the way....CTX traded.
May 28, 2015 06:10PM
I've had a CTX for several months and primarily wanted it for a water machine. After reading a lot about it's water capabilities, and it leaking capabilities. I traded it for new ATX. Worried me that so many leaks were happening and reading the ways to patch it with O rings to make things better. Then I read about speaker leaks too. Oh my! Now where I hunt is freshwater and there is a lot of sand there too before you get to the red Georgia clay so all my VLF's, amphibian or not, I really only scraped the top of the sand depth. Sand depths from 6 inches to the majority being 1-2+ foot deep is common. Some places where I've hunted in the past and found a tremendous amount of good stuff are well into the 2 foot depth sand wise. I do like the way you have some sort of discrimination as to high or, low conductors, which is what I'm after. The iron check just might come in handy also but didn't run into that except in a very few places. Deep sand and the ATX just might make my summer months.
cdv
Re: Well after some thought, new ATX on the way....CTX traded.
May 28, 2015 06:29PM
Good luck with the new machine, be careful of the locking shaft clamps (sand) and be particularly careful of the coiled cable where the shaft ends rub against it causing the cable to outer cover to shred. Could allow water to infiltrate into the coil.
Garrett is good at repairs so no worry there other then down time if it happens to you.
I couldn't get past the Hee Haw sounds, I should have bought a TDI instead of the ATX.

Cliff
Re: Well after some thought, new ATX on the way....CTX traded.
May 28, 2015 10:08PM
My buddy said it sounded more like an organ being played. Jack, better have a good stout shovel. Look forward to seeing your water finds.