Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Has anyone ever found

Posted by guvmore 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Has anyone ever found
May 30, 2015 09:33PM
a hobo nickel,an interesting bit of coin history, I never found one yet but may have found a love token on a silver dime both sides were filed smooth.

[www.google.ca]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/30/2015 09:35PM by guvmore.
Anonymous User
Re: Has anyone ever found
May 30, 2015 10:04PM
I haven't found one but I like the fourth photo. Your post reminds me of a song.

"King of the Road" is a 1964 song written and originally recorded by country singer Roger Miller.[1] The lyrics tell of the day-to-day life of a vagabond hobo who despite being poor (a "man of means by no means") revels in his freedom, describing himself humorously as the "king of the road". It was Miller's fifth single for Smash Records.[2]

[www.youtube.com]
May 30, 2015 10:15PM
I have never found a Hobo nickel however, those who make them are truly skilled artists. It would take a steady hand and a lot of creativity to make those designs as they really are a piece of art. Just my 2 cents!!!

Frank
May 30, 2015 10:23PM
treasurehunter747 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I have never found a Hobo nickel however, those
> who make them are truly skilled artists. It would
> take a steady hand and a lot of creativity to make
> those designs as they really are a piece of art.
> Just my 2 cents!!!
>
>
> Frank

Great song Kemper, and Frank re the nickel yes it is amazing the skill they had during the depression, I tried to make one with a graver it was not easy and I gave up.
Today they take a lot of short cuts to make them not really the real deal but interesting as well.
May 30, 2015 11:52PM
Very cool, first I heard of em