Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

New Fisher CZX

Posted by wolfau 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
New Fisher CZX
May 31, 2015 02:15AM
Just thought I would share this with you.

[md-hunter.com]

Does anyone else know anythung about these new detectors?

Thanks in advance

Joe from Aus
CZ3D, G2, Garrett Sea Hunter M2
Re: New Fisher CZX
May 31, 2015 11:18AM
I wouldn't count on seeing a machine that shows a picture of what's in the ground/under the coil, the condition, value, etc. anytime soon!

But

the Mosca and CZX are for real from what I've heard ;-)

Can't wait to see the new water machine!
May 31, 2015 01:09PM
Going by the photo Dave Johnson is the engineer for
The czx.

Going by the same photo it looks like a platform for
Other models including a deeper seeking vlf for
Red and high mineralised soils for gold prospecting.

Interesting times ahead.
May 31, 2015 01:22PM
The Mosca has my attention for sure. Oh, great, now I have to start hunting the dry sand at high tide to get another $2000 in change for another detector! I do not think my wife is going to be too happy about that. She said my game room already looks like a metal detector museum. It is getting harder and harder to convince her that each has its own special use. Yes I know that I i could sell some gold, but the price is down too much right now.spinning smiley sticking its tongue out
May 31, 2015 02:09PM
Only time will tell ought to cover it....advertisement hype is prevalent even in this hobby....
May 31, 2015 03:16PM
Hi,,,,I think this is a test to see how people will react to sticker shock....It would be hard to put a price on something that sounds like a dream so far.....Why 15 machines just build one and get it right the first time....The good news is they are talking/hinting about using dual frequency Fourier Domain signal analysis....This should or could utilize the same characteristics as the CZ's....While this is still considered old technology it don't make it bad technology.....Will these new machines be a rehash of a previous machine only time will tell...........JJ
May 31, 2015 05:37PM
Will it work?

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

If you don’t dig it, then how are you going to know what you’re missing!
How can you have your pudding if you don’t eat your meat!
May 31, 2015 05:45PM
It seems the Mosca model due in 2016 is more a CZX than the CZX is.
The latter seems geared towards gold.
If you look at the specs of the Mosca, that could be a CZ we sort of know.

May 31, 2015 06:16PM
This stuff is fun to read. It may well be a real presentation. In any case, it's probably less dramatic than it sounds.

Here are my thoughts.

Fisher just released a series of three "dunkable" detectors. So a degree of waterproofness is already seen as a "normal" feature at First Texas.

The 2 AA powerpack is another feature of the "Double F" series - F11 - F44

No one has ever expected them to abandon the multifrequency technology and knowhow which Dave Johnson developed originally for Fisher. Their Marketing Manager said last year that they were working on multifreq.

Wireless headphones is a given. No new top of the line detector will be without it.

Auto ground tracking is a feature which Dave Johson implemented for Tesoro and Whites, but then abandoned in favor of "ground grab" because of the shortcomings he pionted out as existing in all current systems, including the ones which he had designed. Perhaps he has now "cracked it" - who knows?

Will First Texas introduce a new high end machine in 2016? I'd be willing to bet my battery money on it.

Will it have all the features shown on the slide? - ???

Rick Kempf
Gold Canyon AZ- where there is no gold
May 31, 2015 06:56PM
Agree with your analysis. Makes sense. Will they hit their target dates? Time will tell!

lytle78 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> This stuff is fun to read. It may well be a real
> presentation. In any case, it's probably less
> dramatic than it sounds.
>
> Here are my thoughts.
>
> Fisher just released a series of three "dunkable"
> detectors. So a degree of waterproofness is
> already seen as a "normal" feature at First
> Texas.
>
> The 2 AA powerpack is another feature of the
> "Double F" series - F11 - F44
>
> No one has ever expected them to abandon the
> multifrequency technology and knowhow which Dave
> Johnson developed originally for Fisher. Their
> Marketing Manager said last year that they were
> working on multifreq.
>
> Wireless headphones is a given. No new top of the
> line detector will be without it.
>
> Auto ground tracking is a feature which Dave
> Johson implemented for Tesoro and Whites, but then
> abandoned in favor of "ground grab" because of the
> shortcomings he pionted out as existing in all
> current systems, including the ones which he had
> designed. Perhaps he has now "cracked it" - who
> knows?
>
> Will First Texas introduce a new high end machine
> in 2016? I'd be willing to bet my battery money
> on it.
>
> Will it have all the features shown on the slide?
> - ???

Bryanna - Nebraska

Current - New to me but not new MXT Pro and T2 SE2 - Previous Minelab Sovereign GT, Minelab Safari, Whites DFX, Whites Eagle Spectrum
Smile its a good for you!
May 31, 2015 07:10PM
Ive never thought a metal detector needed Ground bal if it KNEW how to Audibly remove ground NOISE ..

I would think greater depth could be had from a machine that could DSP ground noise out of a Audio report instead of ground balincing it out it out...

Just thinking out loud...

but at times too much of a ground settingor even a exact dead on ground setting can MASK a actual target report in mineral...

Having the ability ot see all and then only remove sporadic noise could open up bad ground..

We do it Know with ground bal offset in mineral and adding dd coils to the mix...

Im thinking VLF still has a long ways to go..

I think ground bal is too enveloping too encompassing it needs to be less Agressive more analytical to soil characteristics...Its easyt o phase shift it out but how about ALTERNATIVE methods to LITE UP THE GROUND target wise by accepting the more of the ground ..

Keit

“I don't care that they stole my idea . . I care that they don't have any of their own”
-Nikola Tesla
June 01, 2015 08:22AM
Here is the image in the presentation for the CZX.

June 01, 2015 09:43AM
When I saw the 7:1 freq ratio, and the 9:1, I immediately thought of the Australian Brand, who use 8:1 ratio in their 'multi-frequency' units. I wonder if this is some Patent get-around? I'm still wondering why there are two different freq ratio's on the FT products, there's little difference between the two, if you can make one work well, why manufacture both. Unless it's legal/patent related.
June 01, 2015 11:24AM
Well

a "smart machine" that shows us a picture of a find on screen

is not going to be the ACTUAL find in the ground/under your coil as though it's a full blown Xray of the target under your coil because I guarantee a handheld Xray machine would cost FAR MORE than $2k!!

It will be a known/preprogrammed picture from a list\gallery of pictures already programmed into the machine and then show you a list of conditions (poor, fair, good, very good, fine, very fine, etc. etc.) and show a value of each condition!

Still pretty cool no matter though spinning smiley sticking its tongue out
June 01, 2015 12:18PM
Will be interesting to see if the czx can identify a
Washer as a washer and a coin the same size as
A washer as a coin.

The other thing is aluminium screw caps which may
Be a challenge to identify as such.

Maybe theres a way where a target internally is
Identified in a number range of say 000.000 rather
Than 00 where your able to maybe separate more
The target range of an aluminium screw cap and
Coins that fall in similar range.

The other issue will be accuarcy in different depths.

The czx will impress me if it can identify a washer at
6" and a coin at the same depth and size as a coin.
June 01, 2015 12:28PM
wolfau Wrote:
> Will be interesting to see if the czx can identify
> a
> Washer as a washer and a coin the same size as
> A washer as a coin.
>
> The other thing is aluminium screw caps which may
> Be a challenge to identify as such.
>
> Maybe theres a way where a target internally is
> Identified in a number range of say 000.000
> rather
> Than 00 where your able to maybe separate more
> The target range of an aluminium screw cap and
> Coins that fall in similar range.
>
> The other issue will be accuarcy in different
> depths.
>
> The czx will impress me if it can identify a
> washer at
> 6" and a coin at the same depth and size as a
> coin.

You got that right!
June 01, 2015 01:39PM
I recommend you buy some new underwear cause your old ones are going to get dirty cool smiley

Ground Breaking Technology attibuted to Dave Johnson isn't spitting in the wind.

HH
mike
June 01, 2015 08:49PM
I hope its something awesome coming out of FT. I'll believe it when I see it. Am I sceptical, or what?
June 01, 2015 08:49PM
MichiganRelicHunter Wrote:
> Well
>
> a "smart machine" that shows us a picture of a
> find on screen
>
> is not going to be the ACTUAL find in the
> ground/under your coil as though it's a full blown
> Xray of the target under your coil because I
> guarantee a handheld Xray machine would cost FAR
> MORE than $2k!!
>
> It will be a known/preprogrammed picture from a
> list\gallery of pictures already programmed into
> the machine and then show you a list of conditions
> (poor, fair, good, very good, fine, very fine,
> etc. etc.) and show a value of each condition!
>
> Still pretty cool no matter though spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

The picture of find on screen thing is a tongue in cheek mockup that starts the blog post out but that has nothing to do with the First Texas products described later in the same blog post.

Nice to see we are going to the next level of technology finally. The next few years are going to be exciting.
June 01, 2015 08:54PM
The newest "ground breaking" technology for identifying a target with 100% accuracy is called a "shovel".
June 01, 2015 09:25PM
Johnnyanglo Wrote:
> The newest "ground breaking" technology for
> identifying a target with 100% accuracy is called
> a "shovel".

Can't argue with that!
June 01, 2015 09:34PM
The quest for depth can't be sated. We will always feel the need for more depth. That's what I'm after. I have a T2se, G2 & a F19. I put big after market coils on them & I get the depth & separation I need for relic & old coin hunting. Those are my go to machines at the moment. Depending on the soil conditions I can dig .58" minie balls @ 10" in clean ground. I've dug them deeper on occasion but the norm is @ 6"-8". I just got a pi detector to try out. I'm jumping in head first on it. Getting it modified & hi output batteries. If FT puts a new machine out I'll stand in line to get my hands on it. I've got lost of spots to hunt. Some very good ground some not no good. 4-5 bar dirt. I get decent depth with the machine I have now. But I know there's deeper stuff there. I'm looking forward to more depth. HH TIM
June 02, 2015 04:58AM
Yes Steve the next few years will be JAW DROPPING I truly Feel..

Im stoked up...

Yes Wayne the Pic is a Tongue and Cheek picture...

the other info SEEMS legit..

The 15 they have to release Im sure is including the newer line like the F44's 22's 11's etc F75 V2 all that will lead be STEPPING technology till finalization...(Hopefull there will never be finilazation..Hopefully there will be perpetual evolution )

I have a feeling the V2's are a glimse of thing's to come EMI combating wise..

I truly feel at the moment and it may be hard to see FTP is coming on very aggresive...They have a cracked a new code it so seems with their recent QUIET machines.. even the HOT PUNCH F44 on 7.69Khz is extremely quiet..

Im happy/estatic to see what's evolving if your paying attention theres small glimses in front of our eyes right now...Actually if you step back and look at the big picture yu can see the evolution is non stop...from the T2 till now...

I mess around with alot of machines and alot of the same machines just 6 months apart...and I can truly see that FTP is constantly Tweaking on a product.. other manufacturers get a prodcut and run it for years virtually the frist run is the same as the 8 years later one..

FTP is constantly evolving a product...

Pay attention to this..Dont dismiss what we are witnessing as ...a company Evolving technology in front of our eyes..sure theres growing pains but things are starting to turn the corner..I feel the world class unmasking is next.. it just needs some tweak's..

Keith

“I don't care that they stole my idea . . I care that they don't have any of their own”
-Nikola Tesla
June 02, 2015 03:07PM
I'd lould love to beta test the CZX.

Having tested a couple of versions of the F75 LTD2, they are definitely on to something good. Newer, faster, more powerful microprocessors have evolved, various technologies are evolving. We're definitely seeing various changes at FT - DST, BP, 2 AA battery power, waterproof, etc. I suspect that they are sprinkling all of their new technologies into various new machines, with the end goal of combining them into a single machine. It's been rumored and hinted at for several years they've been working on a multifreq machine, that's a welcome addition, multifreq machines work well in mineralized soil, and wet salt sands.

I would love to see something similar to, yet better, more powerful and more polished than a V3i come from FT.
June 02, 2015 03:29PM
Time well tell, I'm sure others have something up their sleeve there maybe a wave of new machines including the Deus and Marko and maybe even?

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

If you don’t dig it, then how are you going to know what you’re missing!
How can you have your pudding if you don’t eat your meat!
June 02, 2015 05:16PM
We are finally witnessing the real future of detecting. The move away from phase based VLF and on to time domain analysis of sophisticated transmission schemes and hybrid methodologies. Minelab BBS and FBS were the start. Minelab ZVT is a huge leap forward (I believe discrimination will be added to the platform). Then we have whatever Dave is cooking up with the CZX and White's with half sine and constant current technology. This is real, ground breaking stuff.

There will always be lots of good old fashioned single frequency VLF machines around but frankly it is "old tech" that anyone can knock off cheap. Companies that want to do more than build more than what is rapidly becoming a commodity item will have to use more sophisticated proprietary methods to stay ahead in the game.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/02/2015 07:13PM by Steve Herschbach.
June 02, 2015 09:22PM
Assuming some new technology arrives in 2016, how would a company like FTP phase out the older lines? I imagine there would have to be some heavy discounting of the older models. Maybe the newer stuff might have to be priced high to avoid being stuck with old inventory. Maybe that's a little of what we see with Minelab and their new PI. I wonder if it also take a while for customer acceptance of any new tech?