Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Deus News..... coming sooner or later it seems

Posted by tnsharpshooter 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Deus News..... coming sooner or later it seems
June 04, 2015 04:36AM
[www.findmall.com]

I report, you decide.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/04/2015 04:41AM by tnsharpshooter.
Re: Deus News..... coming sooner or later it seems
June 04, 2015 06:26AM
If/when Andy reports news = you can take it to the bank.

Can't wait to see what the new coil/software combo offer in terms of performance. winking smiley
June 04, 2015 08:05AM
My guess: As "boost mode" seems a popular feature on rival manufacturers products, my guess is that the electronics in the new coils will incorporate such a feature, and likely "Cache locate" mode, too.
June 04, 2015 10:44AM
Notice when Andy spoke, he said coil, not coils. I'm thinking this new coil will have more to do with additional separation/unmasking vs the original say 9" coil. Xp are plenty smarts folks. You could see the repercussions if they would have came with a new version that demanded a new coil for operation. Remember their coils aint cheap. It wlll be interesting though to watch down the road to see how long they can keep the original remote and headphones in the equation and still improve the machines performance and capabilities. It will also be interesting to see if any other manufacturer in fact releases a totally wireless detector.

One thing is for sure, IMO Xp has had a great run with their Deus units here in the USA.
June 04, 2015 11:43AM
One does have to wonder how far they can continue to update the Deus in its current state, and remain profitable as a whole. I would imagine that soon, they are gonna run into things they can do and make them much better; that will require more than a software upgrade. In the end, people are eventually going to have to buy a new system to get the latest and greatest features. It's like with our phones...we can get upgrades to the software and programs all the time but in order to get the better cameras, cutting edge this or that, then we have to part ways with the older model and get the newest.
June 04, 2015 03:36PM
I think more then one freq at a time and a smaller coil and the update and I hope before the end of summer

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

If you don’t dig it, then how are you going to know what you’re missing!
How can you have your pudding if you don’t eat your meat!
June 04, 2015 04:35PM
It is brilliant. When you buy a new coil from XP you are buying a complete functional metal detector without a control interface. The controllers are just that - controllers. The new coil can be designed to run at different frequencies, whatever. The software in the controller can be changed to communicate with whatever new functions this entirely new detector has.

Basically XP has figured out how to sell people three or four detectors thinking they are just buying coils.
June 04, 2015 05:58PM
Steve Herschbach Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
>
> Basically XP has figured out how to sell people
> three or four detectors thinking they are just
> buying coils.

and keeping the cost down (at least just below nosebleed) after the 'initial' high dollar investment....

this new coil/software may just finally get me to try out the Deus for the first time....but only after KS gives it his seal of approval....
June 05, 2015 01:52AM
Steve not sure if that is a put down or not but for me the new coil if it can preform at a higher level add multy freq at one time give more depth and ID better in iron that to me is worth the extra money and you can use the coils and the controler and have two detectors running off one controler and you can add the new update and not buy a new coil...

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/05/2015 03:27PM by Lawrenzo.
June 05, 2015 02:15AM
I like pulltab miner's take on it...thumbs down

From Findmall:

"I want the Deus to beep on a silver dime at 10", a silver quarter at 12", a half at 15" and a silver dollar at 2 feet deep.

I want to hear a $1 dollar gold coin at 8" and I want it to tell me "Don't dig that" when it is iron.

I am a simple man with simple needs."
June 05, 2015 02:23AM
That was my main reason for selling the Deus...coil price
June 05, 2015 03:31PM
Coil price? all you need is the 9" that is a great all around coil and I sold my 11 for that reason. I have a feeling some of you will buy another deus with and when the coil and update come out..You add the racer and the 5" and 5x10 and you got it made...or I have it made...

LowBoy

[www.youtube.com]

June 05, 2015 03:47PM
I'm on my third one. I try other detectors but I keep coming back. So I think it is safe to say I learned to hang on to this one.
June 05, 2015 06:12PM
Put down, Lawrenzo? There is no need to take every comment on the DEUS personally. You are not your metal detector. It is not required that just because you like a metal detector that everyone else must like it. The DEUS is innovative and ground breaking in many ways, and what it does well it does exceptionally well. It is however not perfect at everything and many detectors excel in areas where the DEUS is weak. In that regard it really is not any different than a lot of other detectors.
June 05, 2015 06:31PM
Steve H has it right

the Deus "coils" are NOT JUST "coils"

they are actually a detector inside of/disguised as a "coil"

every time you buy a new Deus "coil" = you're buying another machine/detector --- that's why all you need is a coil and set of wireless Deus headphones to detect - you don't need a rod or a control box - that's just extra stuff! lol
June 05, 2015 06:54PM
Right on MRH, but this does lead to another interesting question.

Could say one of the original coils be upgraded with new electronics by XP and get some extra performance???? Maybe instead of buying a coil??? Seems like I saw a picture somewhere, if my memory serves me correct, really not much volume wise-electronic wise inside of one of the coils. Of course an identification process would need to be achieved I guess if this was in fact done.

And since Andy mentioned only 1 coil, maybe this new "1 coil" will be truly a virtual coil- meaning the extra depth/separation/unmasking as say combining the performance of the older 9" coil and 11" coil and maybe even more.

And the shape of this new future coil.......will be interesting to see if it's round or elliptical/oblong. I'm thinking not round.

Just food for thought......

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/05/2015 06:57PM by tnsharpshooter.
June 05, 2015 08:17PM
Sort of answers a question I had in my head..

How are they going to get Multi freq to work with the coil they have?

Well new coil coming so theres the answer..

Keith

“I don't care that they stole my idea . . I care that they don't have any of their own”
-Nikola Tesla
June 06, 2015 01:47AM
Ah sucks guys I just love the deus and racer no need to get upset

LowBoy

[www.youtube.com]