Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Cans

Posted by Bflo 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Cans
June 06, 2015 02:37AM
This has probably been asked an maybe answered but how the heck do cans get so deep. I dig them sometimes flattened silver dollar size 10 inches, this one I can understand some, fairly heavy and fairly small. But what about when they are flattened length wise how the heck do they get so deep. And if they can get that deep so quick what about buckles or coins? I guess some could be deep from dirt moving but some just seem to sink fast. Anybody got a reason or answer
Re: Cans
June 06, 2015 02:47AM
Bflo Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> This has probably been asked an maybe answered but
> how the heck do cans get so deep. I dig them
> sometimes flattened silver dollar size 10 inches,
> this one I can understand some, fairly heavy and
> fairly small. But what about when they are
> flattened length wise how the heck do they get so
> deep. And if they can get that deep so quick what
> about buckles or coins? I guess some could be
> deep from dirt moving but some just seem to sink
> fast. Anybody got a reason or answer

The only thing I can think of is people bury their trash, as in trash pit.....
June 06, 2015 09:48AM
Fill dirt

someone trucked it in and used it to fill the area you're hunting most likely

especially if it's problematic and you're finding multiples in a contained area
June 06, 2015 10:51AM
Also, when developments are being built they scrape off the top soil, build, and while building the construction people have to eat and drink. Many of the cans don't make it to the barrel. At the end, the scraped top soil gets spread back around before sod/seed and trash is covered. Cans can be down deep.

Many newer developments have been built on and around old historic home sites. Think again if you believe there's no old coinage in the ground around many new homes...taken off in the scrape...put back at completion.