Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Club Beach Hunt

Posted by Sven1 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Club Beach Hunt
June 06, 2015 09:11PM
It was our clubs spring club hunt at the lakeside beach today. Club member only hunt. An area was sectioned off to be the hunt field on the sandy beach.
We had 20 members attending with all sorts of machines. There were three 15 minute

hunts, all were seeded with silver dimes, Canadian $1 and $2 coins
along with some prize tokens. Entry fee was $20, which had to be the $1 and $2 coins. They were all planted in the hunt field.

Decided to try the Vista Gold. For the most part hunted in all metal mode since the coins were thrown into the ground, they usually land on edge.
Ca clad reads into the low iron range if on edge. So if your using disc just above iron, you'll be missing those coins the first few minutes until everyone tramples them down flat.
I did not get any interference from any other detector, it ran smooth as glass. It did very well out there for the amount of targets buried. Could probably have done much better
if it had a concentric coil, would have made pinpointing much easier. Then maybe not any better than a DD coil, as the 6x8 coil has a larger detction area and could cover more ground faster.

I ended up with
$18.00 in clad coins
15 silver dimes
1 prize token for a Tim Horton's Gift Card ($10)

By the way found that the Gold makes a very good park, school yard hunting machine if your hunting for gold jewelry. It will disc out gold, disc out lots of small foil and some small canslaw. Disc cannot be turned up to disc out US nickels. Works for me.
Set the disc to accept small ladies, kids thin gold rings and your good to go.

Pretty cool machine with the Super 6 (6x8) coil. If your coming off a Tesoro, very easy to use.

DeepTech Vista X with 3 search coils.
Works for me
Re: Club Beach Hunt
June 07, 2015 03:13AM
Nice hunt Sven! The Vista Gold is a really nice detector. I like that there are not too many of them in the U.S. Sort of like having an edge over the competition without having to spend a small fortune to compete with other detectorists. Glad to hear you tried it at an organized hunt and did well...Stuart