Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Fisher F75-LTD-2 Informationconfused smiley

Posted by tabman 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Fisher F75-LTD-2 Informationconfused smiley
June 07, 2015 11:50AM
There was a lot of great information on the F75-LTD, but I can’t seem to find any reliable information on the latest upgraded DST version. What’s the real deal on ‘9.0’ vs. ‘9.1’ vs. the non-’DST’ version? Does the discrimination setting change the gain on the latest DST version like it did on the on the older version? If so, what’s the difference, if any? What are some good settings on the latest version? Etc., etc, etc.

Come on tech gurus, share your thoughts and info.

tabman
Re: Fisher F75-LTD-2 Informationconfused smiley
June 07, 2015 12:30PM
[www.dankowskidetectors.com]

BTW key posts are NASA Tom's.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/07/2015 12:32PM by tnsharpshooter.
June 07, 2015 01:27PM
Go w what NASA Tom said about DST. I've really grown to like 2F when relic hunting or anytime I want to "dig most all signals". It really does tell you a lot about your targets, especially the depth. Now when I'm short of time or feel like coin hunting i use three tone or 3 h My only problem is the 3 h I need to figure out the nickels better. My nickel to tab ratio is not that good and need to pinpoint why. I also like the DE mode for most hunt situations. I've found it to be faster, maybe not quiet the depth of BP but faster. I also will use FA sometimes it s got less depth but if you listen close you'll here the good targets close to others. I thought it was terrible at first, it's ver chirpy but one day I was in the house and laid out 5 targets pretty close to each other and it was pretty incredible the speed this mode has. It blows away Bp as far as separation. I also do a GB and a freq shift to F1 and the sense I usually run maxed out because I can and I run 0 disc because the 2 f grunts most of your iron. My only issue is all the targets in the 20 range. I've been making myself dig 10 targets in the 30 - 55 range and I'm going to start the same with the 20 range. By the way one of my 55 numbers was a 1840 half time. So you just really never know I was using 2 f at the time. The more I use my 75 the more I like it I will admit I had to learn the bad high sound of iron vs a coin but once that clicked it was game on.
June 07, 2015 02:35PM
tnsharpshooter Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> [www.dankowskidetectors.com]
> .php?2,4402,page=13
>
> BTW key posts are NASA Tom's.

Thanks so much! The info that I needed was well hidden. It will take me some time to digest it all, but so far it has answered a lot of questions that have been going around in my head. Great Forum!

tabman
June 08, 2015 04:00PM
Run it on 9.0...

use 2F
Disc zero
Gain 99

Je is the fastest and feels MEAN on a trashy site.....

BP well is mindblowing on depth at a slower sweep speed...

For the first time you can see what a 99 sens with zero disc on a boost mode F75 will do..

Keith

“I don't care that they stole my idea . . I care that they don't have any of their own”
-Nikola Tesla