Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

What is the difference

Posted by markg 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
What is the difference
June 11, 2015 11:12AM
What is the difference and advantages between the:

Razorback mono
Razorback folded mono
coils for the TDI
Re: What is the difference
June 11, 2015 01:28PM
The folded coils were designed to be more sensitive to small gold. If you test small gold on the TDI, you will note that a good high freq VLF machine actually picks the gold up better. I'm referring to gold .5 gram or less. Folded coils are supposed to be more sensitive to this. If you are coin and relic hunting, I think this would be a disadvantage. Their 14" mono is a beast of a coil for depth on the TDI. I actually tested larger coils than the 14" but the machine seems to plateau about there. Its a deep go getter for sure.
June 11, 2015 02:55PM
Also i belive the folded coils seem to be more EMI resilient. .

Keith

“I don't care that they stole my idea . . I care that they don't have any of their own”
-Nikola Tesla
June 12, 2015 01:13AM
Thanks Daniel, you are 100% correct about the VLF machine detecting the smaller gold at a greater distance than the stock 12" coil on the TDI. I have 3 small pickers attached to the end of wooden rods and I've recorded distances for over 10 years and the TDI doesn't do as good on the small gold as the F75.
Keith I think you are correct about the folded being better in EMI prone areas too.
Not sure what I'll do yet. I've got a beach trip later this year and I'm hoping to hunt with the TDI. Thanks for all the information.
Mark