Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Bout time to say goodbye

Posted by Daniel Tn 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Bout time to say goodbye
June 13, 2015 09:39PM
I am a seasonal detectorist. This ain't my primary hobby and I have too many of them and too little time to squeeze in doing them all. I frequent the forums of whichever hobby I am active in at that particular time. With the woods grown up, 90+ degrees outside, and all that...this is my off season for me and time to pursue other hobbies. Most of them are water activities. Which is ironic for a guy that can't swim no more than dog paddle a few dozen yards. LOL. I was down to two detectors....the GPX and Deus. I was trying to sell the GPX and a buddy of mine made an offer I couldn't turn down for the Deus, in which I was planning on keeping. I am a firearm fanatic and he offered me a nice Palmetto State Armory AR-15 with accessories, 15 thirty round magazines for it, and 950 rounds of ammo. A Citidel 1911 .45 pistol with 300 rounds. And a Marlin lever action 30/30...one of the older ones in great shape. With a nice tactical carry case for ARs and a Leatherman take down tool for the ARs. No way was I gonna turn that down, so bye bye went the Deus. That leaves me with the GPX for now, but I have a few nibbles from folks wanting to buy it. Hoping to get that rolling.

In the mean time, ya'll take care. Keep the fort held down while I'm gone.

Daniel
Re: Bout time to say goodbye
June 13, 2015 10:36PM
Wow! You got all that in trade for the Deus?! Man, you made out like a bandit!! I have a CZ3D coming next week, and have a few (older) non field sites to detect yet, but I just picked up a Ranger boat and three more dirt bikes (motorcycles). The kids will keep me busy working on their bikes and fishing/tubing with the family this summer, so I'll be on the sidelines for a bit as well, at least until the crops come down. Oh, then there's duck/goose season... Good huntin' and see you in the fall!
June 13, 2015 11:12PM
Man, what a trade you did well. Good luck on your AR-15 project. What are your thoughts on a gas piston vs. direct impingement on the AR-15 platform?
June 14, 2015 12:33AM
See you in the fall Daniel.
June 14, 2015 12:51AM
Sounds like you got a helluva deal on the gun/deus trade!

See you in the fall/winter time back here Daniel smileys with beer
June 14, 2015 12:55AM
Gonna miss you Daniel.---I always enjoy your posts.----Hurry back!------------Del
June 14, 2015 01:03AM
Great deal!! Can see why you did the trade for sure. Have fun
June 14, 2015 01:17AM
Have a "great" summer !
June 14, 2015 02:09AM
WoW! lucky trade Daniel. Catch you in the rebound.
June 14, 2015 02:53AM
Dam! I was seriously considering making an offer on that Deus...you got a heck of a deal! See ya round here in the future.
June 14, 2015 04:20AM
What a deal you got for that Deus, Daniel! WOW!!! Awesome!

Have a great summer!

Steve
June 14, 2015 05:08AM
Great deal for a Deus! Why not just take up water detecting, you know you can always make room for another hobby. LOL!!! Have a good Summer.
June 14, 2015 05:18AM
Thanks guys. That's just how my buddy is. When he gets into something, he gets into it big...and when he gets out, he gets out big too. He got into the gun thing a while back and now he's getting out. He was interested in my Deus and found out I had just got a different AR15 a few days before. So he hit me up about trading his AR15 for the Deus via text message. Before I could answer, he assumed I wasn't interested and started adding this and that.

I know very little about the ARs to be honest. I've always been a bolt action rifle guy; I am new to the AR platforms. But I knew enough to recognize a heckuva deal when I saw it. Here's the goods. Minus the boxes of ammo. I didn't feel like pulling all that back out of my safe. That stuff's heavy!

June 14, 2015 05:18AM
".... a nice Palmetto State Armory AR-15 with accessories, 15 thirty round magazines for it, and 950 rounds of ammo."

Will we be reading about you in the papers?
June 14, 2015 05:23AM
I find that comment very insulting Mr. Anglo. Owning a gun and ammo doesn't make a person a terrorist or murderer. I've been around guns my whole life and haven't shot anybody. So have millions of other gun owners.
June 14, 2015 06:08AM
I like the Marlin. Always have.

Enjoy the firearms.

See you when you get back, Daniel.

HH
Mike

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/14/2015 06:09AM by Mike Hillis.
June 14, 2015 08:44AM
Like the .45 and the lever action Marlin is an oldie but goodie, I'd take that trade all day long thumbs down

We know you'll be back, it's just the way it is with this hobby smileys with beer

hh,
Brian
June 14, 2015 11:41AM
Like Mike Hillis said....The lever action has always been a draw for me....probably from growing up when the series Rifleman was on tv.
June 14, 2015 11:59AM
See ya when you get back on the forum Daniel, have fun.
June 14, 2015 12:02PM
I have a PSA store a couple miles from the house. It's hard not to spend all my money every time I go. Sometimes they run a $499 special on those ar's although I haven't picked one up yet.
June 14, 2015 12:41PM
Dang Daniel that was an awesome trade for you! Beautiful Marlin too. Can't find many that old in that condition. I'll have to say trade of the year there....... Guns nowadays are way overpriced and people keep paying those prices. You done very very good, just dang!
June 14, 2015 12:48PM
thumbs down

I'll get worried when he says there was some pipe thrown in the deal.

[www.csmonitor.com]

Dallas... how apropos... at least you can now carry firearms on school campuses today.

(Yes, this is my last comment on this topic)
June 14, 2015 01:19PM
Not to worry 301.81 you aren't worth a 22 short.
June 14, 2015 02:26PM
Great trade for you Daniel. You can always pick up another Deus when you want.

Also being in TN, I too slow down when the woods grow thick, the snakes and yellow jackets take over my AO, and the temps/humidity soar. Gonna concentrate on some kayak fishing in the day with maybe some shooting after the sun goes down or a rain rolls thru. But I'll still be cruising the boards to learn what I can and getting in a treasure hunt when conditions allow. Enjoy your summer and see you in the fall.
June 14, 2015 04:08PM
The fall should be a good time and the deus is going to have the new update and coil coming out

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

If you don’t dig it, then how are you going to know what you’re missing!
How can you have your pudding if you don’t eat your meat!
June 14, 2015 05:37PM
Thanks Daniel for getting me started with the GPX, you steered me in the right direction.
Enjoy your new home, cone back when you're inching to metal detect again.

HH, Paul
June 16, 2015 01:02PM
D,

Don't stay away too long...see you in the fall...

D.
June 16, 2015 04:16PM
WOW just WOW! Heck of a deal. I work with a lot of gun fanatics - some have really nice collections they would be jealous for sure.

Daniel Tn Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Thanks guys. That's just how my buddy is. When he
> gets into something, he gets into it big...and
> when he gets out, he gets out big too. He got into
> the gun thing a while back and now he's getting
> out. He was interested in my Deus and found out I
> had just got a different AR15 a few days before.
> So he hit me up about trading his AR15 for the
> Deus via text message. Before I could answer, he
> assumed I wasn't interested and started adding
> this and that.
>
> I know very little about the ARs to be honest.
> I've always been a bolt action rifle guy; I am new
> to the AR platforms. But I knew enough to
> recognize a heckuva deal when I saw it. Here's
> the goods. Minus the boxes of ammo. I didn't feel
> like pulling all that back out of my safe. That
> stuff's heavy!
>
>
>
> [i20.photobucket.com]
> bile%20Uploads/20150614_005456_zps0yohdxoy.jpg

Bryanna - Nebraska

Current - New to me but not new MXT Pro and T2 SE2 - Previous Minelab Sovereign GT, Minelab Safari, Whites DFX, Whites Eagle Spectrum
Smile its a good for you!
June 16, 2015 04:32PM
Daniel
Like everyone else states always enjoy your post. Hard to believe what a couple of brainwashed people say or believe. Must be to much CNN
Enjoy your summer and yes it's bout to hot to detect. See you in the fall.
June 16, 2015 10:27PM
go-rebels Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> thumbs down
>
>
>
> (Yes, this is my last comment on this topic)

thank you