Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

I want another detector. Not sure what.

Posted by Rick, N. MI 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
I want another detector. Not sure what.
June 15, 2015 02:24AM
Tejon is my main detector but now I'm using my White's SurfMaster II vlf more. It hits as deep as my Tejon. Hitting nice on my 9" dime. The audio is very smooth sounding on good targets. The Tejon separates better. I don't know if I can find anything better than these 2. Very light weight. The White's can be hip mounted. Is there anything worth while to add? Needs to be light weight too. I don't know. I thought about a CZ5 hip mounted or AT Gold all metal w/ iron audio or Lobo ST w/ gb adjusted making it hot.

Or just wait and see whats new coming.

Thanks,
Rick
Re: I want another detector. Not sure what.
June 15, 2015 02:50AM
Get the at gold or the racer

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

If you don’t dig it, then how are you going to know what you’re missing!
How can you have your pudding if you don’t eat your meat!
June 15, 2015 03:25AM
I would say an etrac but you said it needs to be light. A TDI SL would be switch. With the G/B adjustment it can be used to coin hunt. Lightweight too.
June 15, 2015 04:11AM
Rick, N. MI Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Tejon is my main detector but now I'm using my
> White's SurfMaster II vlf more. It hits as deep as
> my Tejon. Hitting nice on my 9" dime. The audio
> is very smooth sounding on good targets. The Tejon
> separates better. I don't know if I can find
> anything better than these 2. Very light weight.
> The White's can be hip mounted. Is there anything
> worth while to add? Needs to be light weight too.
> I don't know. I thought about a CZ5 hip mounted or
> AT Gold all metal w/ iron audio or Lobo ST w/ gb
> adjusted making it hot.
>
> Or just wait and see whats new coming.
>
> Thanks,
> Rick

if you are hunting a lot in trash,try a whites mx-5 with the 5.3 coil very lightweight with a super fast processor!
gets down around 9" or so on a coin!

(h.h.!)
j.t.
June 15, 2015 04:24AM
Teknetics G2+
June 15, 2015 06:27AM
Im glad your enjoying that Surfamster II that I did the Mod to Rick...It is a hot one! Hottest one I ever modded..

I did one for Michigan relic hunter Too and it took to the mod very well.... and I believe he aslo enjoys the added GAIN to low conductors..

that's a great circuit you have..

I could recommend a Racer/CoRe with 'OOR 5' or a DEUS for a filler to add to the arsenal..

Keith

“I don't care that they stole my idea . . I care that they don't have any of their own”
-Nikola Tesla
June 15, 2015 12:00PM
Buy Waynes Deus before I do.
June 15, 2015 03:25PM
The deus is going to have a killer update coming and maybe a new coil but like I said the F19 or Racer and the small coils are hard to beat if you hunt in trash or iron or both

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

If you don’t dig it, then how are you going to know what you’re missing!
How can you have your pudding if you don’t eat your meat!
June 15, 2015 03:53PM
Rick, what style of hunting do you do... old coin, relics, beach?
June 15, 2015 05:29PM
"Rick to Rick - over"

I see from some of your older posts that you hunt coins a lot . given that you might want to consider Technetics Omega 8000. take Southern has been pretty impressed with these hear something he posted a while back. Also, there will be a new Omega 8500 according to First Texas, but that could be soon or much later.

"The Omega/G2 with 13 ultimate :

The Omega is deeper....Actually the Omega is mayeb the deepest machine I have ran IN DISC MODE with the 13 ultimate...

I like the G2 for iron work but not for REAL depth..

The Omega Has REAL depth...

Ive got 3 Omegas right now Version 4s they all are dead heat even in performance....

And Im not sure what they have done to that stock elliptical but its way better at separation and depth than the first ones....

now heres the real kicker..

on hunted hard sites G2 Vs Omega in iron the Omega though the tone breaks at 40 and the G2 is selectable tone break the omega is able to hear certain targets in the iron that the G2 does not report.. and it seems to be mostly lower conductors.???..I think its because of the bad dirt and iron mixture,the G2 is handling the iron but can punch the dirt...Make sense..

The Omega here of late has beocme one of my favorite Amercian machines for depth and even some certain iron work..

in my bad dirt the T2 SE likes to call deeper past 7 inch targets iron or rolling tone...the Omega does not like to do this AS MUCH.. in good ground the T2 se is deeper with the BP mode but I dont have alot of good ground..

the Omega has one of the most accurate I.D.s at depth I have seen also in bad dirt..I think the freq gets a better peek in the mineral dirt..

As of late its hard to fault a V4 Omega...and the depth is insane with the ultimate..

Unit loves deep brass ..

Keith

Here's the whole thread.
[www.dankowskidetectors.com]

Rick Kempf
Gold Canyon AZ- where there is no gold
June 15, 2015 06:22PM
Thank you everybody.

I had an Omega traded from Keith S. but wasn't that impressed with it but I didn't try any other coils. I know Keith also said it became deep with the Ultimate. Maybe.

A lot of iron. Mild ground. Most of my hunting is for old coins/relics and some gold ring hunting at the beach. I do have a fort from the 1700's I hunt the general area sometimes. I have used a lot of different detectors but came back to Tesoro. Some I wish I still had.

Ok the Omega has my interest again, the AT Gold and the Racer/Cores.

Thank you,
Rick
June 16, 2015 06:45AM
Rick I use a AT-Gold and it's a heck of a machine it gets good depth superb target separation in trash and iron laden sites it does great on low and high conductors. I've used it for over two years and prior to that I used a AT-Pro. I have hundreds of hours among the two and there's not many machines in the AT-Golds or AT-Pros price range that could compete with performance of either. I was thinking of trying a Omega out myself but from what I've read it loves rusty round things like bottle caps and I absolutely hate those dang things!
June 16, 2015 10:58AM
Coins/Relics... dry sand hunting... try the new F75 LTD2. You can swing it all day long. There are some nice, used packages for sale ~ $750. And Fisher has a history of allowing users to make major hardware upgrades at a reasonable price.
June 16, 2015 11:40PM
Ok I've decided to either save for a Deus or get an AT Gold.

Rick
June 17, 2015 03:07PM
I want my Tejon back! I sold it after while it still had the cosmoline on it and I had already mailed the warranty card in! I may have a chance to get her back from the person I sold it to, I think I will bring her home to lifetime warranty holder.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/17/2015 05:49PM by Fletch88.
June 19, 2015 01:33PM
If you save for a Deus...

Don't give up on it until you've used it for at least a year. I've had mine going on 3 years now and I continue to find new and exciting ways to hunt with it.

Pinpoint twice, dig once
June 19, 2015 02:33PM
Rick, N. MI
Ok I've decided to either save for a Deus or get an AT Gold.

Rick
Read and study, and read-and-ask. Ask questions on Forums or e-mail a poster who seems to have some helpful attitude about the model/models you're considering.

Make sure you shop for the search coil/s appropriate for the site conditions you'll search. Also, don't get too carried away with the 'depth' discussions all the time because a lot/most of the coins, good jewelry and relics are not all that deep. Often it is more important to master the techniques to pull keepers from dense trash more than try and attain some imagined 'depth.'

One more thing, some of the modern to newer makes and models are very good and excellent values for their performance, but for many of us, there are still some "old reliables" that can hold their own for a lot of today's detecting needs. My personal favorites for both Coin & Jewelry Hunting as well as serious Relic Hunting sites span new, recent past, and older model detectors, to include the Nokta FORS CoRe w/7X11 and little 'OOR' DD coils, the Makro Racer with the smaller 'OOR' and 5½X10 DD coils, White's MXT Pro w/6½" and 9" 'spider' Concentric coils, Teknetics Omega w/5" DD and either an 8" round or elliptical Concentric, or the 5X10 elliptical DD coils, and in the older category are my Tesoro Silver Sabre microMAX and Bandido II microMAX which each have a 6" Concentric coil mounted.

I'd suggest you try and pick two to three detectors to have an 'outfit' and not try to do everything with one single detector. None are 'perfect' so at least a pair can complement each other.

Monte