Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Gold coin test video (inground) muliple detectors

Posted by tnsharpshooter 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Gold coin test video (inground) muliple detectors
June 17, 2015 05:28PM
I would like to know what the Deus reactivity, silencer and sens settings were on the $1 coin test.

For the new etrac users, you'll notice some gold coins mimic the TID of zincolns. So beware.

[www.youtube.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/17/2015 05:44PM by tnsharpshooter.
Re: Gold coin test video (inground) muliple detectors
June 17, 2015 10:43PM
AT Pro FTW smiling smiley
June 17, 2015 10:59PM
It would be interesting to see that same test with EF 75 and the 11 inch coil because that thing loves gold and it's hot on small gold toI.
June 17, 2015 11:10PM
tnsharpshooter, the answer to your question is posted in the comments below the video-
"Reactivity 1, Silencer 0, Disc 5, Sensitivity 90, GB 79. I was using the 9" coil."
June 17, 2015 11:16PM
Thank you very much. Nice video by the way. It definitely shows how elusive the $1 gold coin can be.
June 17, 2015 11:46PM
When I found mine I was using the Deus Fast program modified to run 4 tones and that was the only change to the mode/program.

I was in an iron infested site med to heavy iron.

The coin was approx. 3 to 4 inches deep in a mix of iron with a solid repeatable but semi scratchy signal reading mostly in the 30s to lower 40s on screen but had the 3rd lowest tone out of 4 and/but being in the site I was in -- I knew I had to dig. (1850s brothel/hotel site) which in all honesty had me anticipating the chance of finding a gold piece. I believe it was my 4th or 5th time hunting the place too and with 3 or 4 different machines having went through that area a few times.

If I would have been in a park or more modern site or similar / I would have passed that signal in a heartbeat though. Just the same as when I found my 1st silver .03 center - those are even tougher than the $1 gold as to decide if you're going to dig or not ESPECIALLY mixed in iron. At least that's been my experience.

P.S.

I forgot to mention

the iron mixed in the soil was dragging the VDI #'s down (down averaging) being mixed in the iron -- as -- the coin itself in air test reads in the 60s for ID #s using the same Deus Fast program

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/18/2015 12:04AM by MichiganRelicHunter.
June 18, 2015 04:15AM
I would bet the V3i would pass on all accounts.

Bey
June 18, 2015 10:56AM
I look forward to seeing a similar test using one silver dime.
June 18, 2015 03:54PM
Tests and such will give you ballpark, but tilted gold coin, next to iron etc along with other ground situations will fool even the best detectorists...Many such items are found by digging all or perhaps that gut feeling and a little luck don't hurt either...
June 18, 2015 08:54PM
Dan-Pa. Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Many such items are found by
> digging all or perhaps that gut feeling and a
> little luck don't hurt either...

i'd rather be lucky than good any day >grinning smiley<