Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Fraudulent CZ3D

Posted by triplehooked 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Fraudulent CZ3D
June 19, 2015 01:07AM
Well folks, I'm generally the mild mannered Clark Kent detectorist, not much gets to me. I take the good with the bad and try to take life with a smile (and the occasional glass of bourbon, Buffalo Trace, to be exact. :-) ) But if there is one thing that gets my feathers ruffled, it is dishonest people. I recently traded for an alleged deep CZ3D calibrated by Tom at around 12.5". I knew that this was at the upper end of the detectors depth capability, and should have known by the "not able to tell the exact depth" statement by said trader, that something was up. But alas, I was hoodwinked, bushwacked, sold up the river, or is it down....

Upon receiving the CZ, it's obvious that it is 10.5" that someone attempted to alter, not the claimed 13.5", or even 12.5". Luckily, I'm only out a couple hundred bucks as the detector I traded was worth more than an "average" CZ. Buyer beware, all it takes is a quick message to Tom to validate the depth as he has all of them documented. Well, my glass is empty, time to go. Thanks for listening, and thank you Tom D. for giving me permission to post this.
Re: Fraudulent CZ3D
June 19, 2015 01:16AM
What detector even goes that deep? if it sounds too good ..... I have trouble just getting a few extra inches with the giant after market coils.
June 19, 2015 01:33AM
Sorry to hear this triplehooked, I tend to trust everyone I figure that whoever I am dealing with is going to be as honest as I am, but unfortuneately there is that 1 in 100 in this great hobby that can't be trusted.
June 19, 2015 01:33AM
Well,
Travis you could always maybe let Tom calibrate. Hate to hear your story.
June 19, 2015 01:41AM
Yeah, I knew 13.5" was a myth, and figured it was a 12.5" unit. Keep in mind that this was not intended for a "do all" detector, otherwise I would make due with the respectable 10.5". I merely wanted a deep seeker in the arsenal and was very obvious about it in my pms to this fella what my objective was. My goal here isn't to whine about it, but rather to inform people.
June 19, 2015 01:47AM
Hey David, this was a calibrated unit by Tom at 10.5". The fella altered the sticker and was claiming 12.5 or 13.5", but he "couldn't tell" which it was. I hope that is a little clearer. Thanks Ski, he's on friendly allot so be careful...
June 19, 2015 01:47AM
((feedback is in order)) lest someone else gets burned.....
June 19, 2015 01:52AM
Pretty sure this is Chris Kennedy on fmdf and uselesspulltab on finds. Many shady deals and deception with this guy.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/19/2015 06:37PM by detectingMO.
June 19, 2015 01:53AM
I see Travis. I could kick myslef for not buying Tn Duke's a little while back. I'm still interested in a good one. We'll see. I wonder if Nasa Toms sells them??
June 19, 2015 01:55AM
Could someone explain the" certified by Tom " that I often read here? I have never heard of or bought a certified detector?
I guess must be some aftermarket service by Tom ? and is this the Tom from forum name or another Tom Dick or Harry.
June 19, 2015 02:22AM
Send a PM to Tom D our moderator and he will explain...
wjs
June 19, 2015 02:24AM

I could kick myslef for not buying Tn Duke's a little while back.

I am glad you didn't.......;o) It works real good and is in mint, like new condition.
June 19, 2015 02:28AM
This will explain a little Guv.

[www.dankowskidetectors.com]
June 19, 2015 02:41AM
triplehooked Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> This will explain a little Guv.
>
> [www.dankowskidetectors.com]
> .php?2,79991,79991#msg-79991

ok, thanks
June 19, 2015 04:59AM
Travis, that sucks big time.

Have you asked Tom to check his database to find out what his records show for that particular s/n #?

Assuming Tom shows that he certified it at 10.5", I'd "out" that slimeball you traded with everywhere possible unless he makes it right.

PS - you've got excellent taste in bourbon...
June 19, 2015 05:07AM
Im sorry triplehooked. I hate when scammers try to rob good ppl.

Bey
June 19, 2015 06:31AM
SkiWhiz Wrote:
> Sorry to hear this triplehooked, I tend to trust
> everyone I figure that whoever I am dealing with
> is going to be as honest as I am, but
> unfortuneately there is that 1 in 100 in this
> great hobby that can't be trusted.

not unlike any other "interaction with others"
"let the buyer beware", scammers are everywhere!

(h.h.!)
j.t.
June 19, 2015 09:13AM
Sorry to hear this Travis

If it were me I'd be PLASTERING his name on every forum out there including THIS one so we all know who he is/who to avoid dealing with as he may even be a member here under a different ID
June 19, 2015 02:10PM
Thanks guys for the input and comments. I've only started two threads so far and many people know him by name without me saying. That being said, the fella ( I'm suspecting a younger guy) has already posted bad feedback on friendly about me, putting out my address and saying he's contacting the authorities due to me "making threats", which is ludicrous. Luckily I save any and all of the pms. Me making threats over losing a couple hundred bucks on a trade deal would be like kicking the dog for eating a sandwich you dropped on the floor...lol. I do feel a bit simple for being so trusting and ignoring the obvious..

Oh well onward, at least the detector works and is in decent shape. The problem now is that no one is interested in buying said cursed machine....lol. $450 shipped or trade for a CZ20! Come on guys, what a bargain! That's a great deal for a detector that USED to get 13.5" on a dime!!
June 19, 2015 02:47PM
At least his name is out there so no one else gets burned or singed.....I guess one has to watch the wording of adds or for that matter deal with one of the good guys that has an
excellent rep...A while back sold a detector and fella said it didn't work so I returned his payment and he returned detector..Put new batteries in it and worked perfect. Never will understand that one but life goes on. Good luck my friend and hopefully your actions will protect all of us...
June 19, 2015 03:27PM
triplehooked Wrote:
> Thanks guys for the input and comments. I've only
> started two threads so far and many people know
> him by name without me saying. That being said,
> the fella ( I'm suspecting a younger guy) has
> already posted bad feedback on friendly about me,
> putting out my address and saying he's contacting
> the authorities due to me "making threats", which
> is ludicrous. Luckily I save any and all of the
> pms. Me making threats over losing a couple
> hundred bucks on a trade deal would be like
> kicking the dog for eating a sandwich you dropped
> on the floor...lol. I do feel a bit simple for
> being so trusting and ignoring the obvious..
>
> Oh well onward, at least the detector works and is
> in decent shape. The problem now is that no one is
> interested in buying said cursed machine....lol.
> $450 shipped or trade for a CZ20! Come on guys,
> what a bargain! That's a great deal for a detector
> that USED to get 13.5" on a dime!!

That's exactly what he's done to Fletch on there if you look at the feedback. He no doubt knew it was coming and tried to make something up on you first. No worries we know you are good. Thank goodness you actually got a working unit though!

Craig
June 19, 2015 03:40PM
Sorry to hear you got the short end of the stick on the trade thumbs up

I thought that Tom could tune all CZ3D's to about 12" give or take 0.5" ?
June 19, 2015 04:17PM
I know have not kept in the loop about detectors but do find it hard to beleive even a tuned detector will go much deeper then 9 or 10 " but like said have not kept up with the progress.
June 19, 2015 06:46PM
Sending you a PM Triplehooked.
June 19, 2015 07:23PM
Thank you sir, responded.
June 19, 2015 08:29PM
Brian, definitely not the case with cz3ds. Sometimes Tom can squeeze a few tenths of extra depth when he tunes them, but the max I've seen is around half an inch.

The deep Tom tuned cz3ds get around 12" give or take a few tenths of an inch in Tom's mild Florida dirt. But depth is all over the place. I remember seeing one Tom certified FT unit that was under 9".

The newer FT units tend to not be as deep as the early Los Banos ones, but that's not written in stone.

Needless to say, 12" on a dime in Tom's dirt won't translate to 12" for anybody else unless their soil is as inert as his.
June 19, 2015 08:35PM
I may be incorrect however some units can only be tuned according to its makeup internally so much so some can not be tuned to a magical 12 inches.
Also Tom sends a letter when he tunes which should be included if resold I would think....to avoid any misconceptions....
June 19, 2015 08:55PM
Some FT Detectors are hot so you have to find one as mine is a 12.1'' detector and it is a FT CZ-3D. So not all FT CZ-3D's are sub par. I had the guy air test mine before I bought it so new it was a hot one from jump. I also think Dan PA. has a hot FT UNIT.
June 19, 2015 11:54PM
The guy you bought it from had stated on a thread that his now your cz would hit and id coins at 13" . I called him out on it but he never replied. He was trying to build it up before he put it up for sale.
After he put it up for sale I ask why he was selling such a good machine but never got a reply.
June 20, 2015 12:37AM
That sucks buddy. I just got burned recently too by a guy on Rob Allisons gold forum. Everytime I see him post something for sale there now, I call him out . Hate liars, cheats and thieves.