Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Lost diamond and platinum ring

Posted by dalpal 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Lost diamond and platinum ring
August 07, 2010 01:19AM
I am trying to help find a ring that was lost at some time during an outdoor wedding and reception. The ring was an family heirloom as well as being valuable. The grounds are mowed down to 2" or so with a total area of about an acre. The bride and groom walked a grass road about 200 yds that was driven over by vendors picking up their gear. The area was a farm from the late 1700's until the mid 1900's so the ground contains old iron, shotgun and rifle casings, bullets and some general litter. I have been using my F75 in all metal and pinpointing all signals near the surface with a VDI of 10 and up. There are a lot of signals which makes me afraid I may missing the ring from fatigue. Does anyone have any suggestions for finding a ring near the surface.

Thanks,
Dalpal
Re: Lost diamond and platinum ring
August 07, 2010 02:32AM
Is it two rings or one ring? If it's a engagement ring.......it'll most probably ID around 22 - 25.............unless it's a wide/fat/heavy ring; in which it'll ID in the 30's. Should be a fairly loud surface target.
August 07, 2010 12:58PM
T om,

It is an engagement ring with a large diamond and few smaller ones. The platinum is typical thickness of a ladies ring.

Thanks,
Dalpal
August 07, 2010 09:19PM
Sounds like a small, thin, wire-band engagement ring. Should ID around '22'.
qwk
August 08, 2010 02:58PM
Try turning the sensitivity down so that only close to the surface targets sound off loud.
Tri
August 16, 2010 08:12PM
Just happened to be surfing the web and came across a youtube site (http://www.youtube.com/user/TurnersTreasureTeam#p/a) , seems to be a fellow that has helped many find precious rings and has a website ( [theringfinders.com]) that other metal detectorists can join all over the world to help those that have lost something precious and/or sentimental, appears some do not even charge a fee unless they find the lost ring.
Sincerely Tri