Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Target Seperation

Posted by seinohio 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Target Seperation
August 12, 2010 11:38PM
Tom, in your opinion, which coil would provide the best seperation for my F75 (standard), the 5"DD or the 3x6 eliptical (concentric) ? I have low to mild mineralization here in central Ohio but all my hunting is in very trashy areas. Most comments seem to indicate the DD may provide the best seperation, but the narrow concentric (3x6") may likewise provide the seperation I am looking for.
Re: Target Seperation
August 13, 2010 12:59AM
The narrow concentric is not bad at all; yet, the 5" DD is far superior. (At the cost of a little bit of depth shyness).
August 14, 2010 04:46AM
I expected the 5" DD to be superior in trash, what surprised me is the excellent depth it gets.

I've also used it on a couple EMI plagued sites where the sensitivity could be set significantly higher with the little coil.

A question for anybody who uses both coils: when do you prefer the 3X6 over the 5?
August 14, 2010 11:03PM
I do use the 3 x 6 on trashy, but not severe trashy sites for the little extra coverage it has and seemingly a little more depth. On heavily trashed spots, the 5" wins hands down for me and I also feel it gets wonderful depth. Hh jim tn