Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Petit Tennis Bracelet

Posted by Suncoast Wally 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Petit Tennis Bracelet
August 18, 2010 03:17PM
Tom,
One of the guys that went on the PD with back in '61 recently died and his widow just contacted me to find a tennis bracelet she lost in the yard, advising it was the last thing her husband bought for her.
I have tried without success and the search area is not all big. She lost the bracelet once before and they took it to the jewelers and had all the links soldered together with gold (14K). She has small wrists
so I doubt that it is more than 1 1/2 inches in diameter. My question is would it act like an open hoop? I have concentrated on all foil signals with descrimination down to where I can hear iron somewhat.
I may try my Shadow X5 with a freq. of 19 Kz. Any advise? Obviously sentiment far excedes any monetary value and I would like to help!

Wally
Re: Petit Tennis Bracelet
August 18, 2010 04:48PM
Yes, DO try the X5......or the F75 (LTD) in 'bp' mode. It should be a very low 'foil' ID......and it'll sound weak/deep. The detectable range is only going to be a few inches. IT WILL NOT BE EASY TO FIND!!!! And hopefully......she has not cut the lawn. I'm glad to hear the links were soldered/fused together........which should allow for much easier detection.
Joe
Re: Petit Tennis Bracelet
August 18, 2010 04:57PM
If you know someone that could loan you a Whites GMT or a Gold Bug you would be better off. Since it's still on the surface working with a all-metal machine won't be such an issue.