Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

The Detech Ultimate coil coupled with the G2 and the Greek Teknetics machines

Posted by Kevin B 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
The Detech Ultimate coil coupled with the G2 and the Greek Teknetics machines
July 14, 2015 05:47PM
There is one Ultimate 13 inch coil that is supposed to fit all of these units (Omega, G2, F19, the other greek series) and yet there is a wide difference between the operating frequencies of the Teknetics Omega and the Teknetics G2. Is it really possible that one coil can work on so many different machines: ........machines that operate at 19 khz,........and 7 khz.
I know that the Minelab 705 has coils that have 3 different frequencies.
here is my direct question: If the Detecth Ultimate 13 inch coil that works on the Teknetics Omega (@ 7 khz) still perform well on a Teknetics G2 (@ 19 khz)??? If so, how does that work???? Is the frequency stuff in the coil or in the control box? Thanks kevin
Re: The Detech Ultimate coil coupled with the G2 and the Greek Teknetics machines
July 14, 2015 06:13PM
19.2khz is 2.5x 7.69khz. FTP could make a detector running 3.1khz and use the same coils probably. but emi would be a mess.

x-terra coils are all identical other than the chip in them that tells the control box what frequency to select

3khz x 2.5 = 7.5khz x 2.5 = 18.75khz

So make all the coils the same impedance and just run them at different 2.5x harmonics? Huge cost savings for manufacturer.

V3i uses 3x

2.5, 7.5, and 22.5

CZ's use 3x

5khz and 15khz

Dave J alluded to this recently in another way. Carl could probably school us all on it.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/14/2015 06:15PM by detectingMO.
Re: The Detech Ultimate coil coupled with the G2 and the Greek Teknetics machines
July 14, 2015 06:38PM
Not sure buddy, but it works great on the f19.
July 15, 2015 12:10AM
Great question, I have also wondered the same thing. I have been stumped as well how the AT Pro and AT Gold coils are interchangeable but the NEL aftermarket coils for the Pro and Gold are seperate and said not work with one another.......so I am curious to what the explanation is.