Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Fisher F75 LTD Field test?

Posted by JOE(USA) 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Fisher F75 LTD Field test?
August 21, 2010 02:08PM
Hi,

I'm thinking about picking up a dealership for Fisher metal detectors. A big part of my decision is how good the F75 LTD is or is not.
I have really searched the web for a PROFESSIONAL field test on this detector but did not find anything what was in-depth and professional. I thought someone here on this forum would know of a review and could direct me to it. Any help wound be appreciated!
Joe
Snow's Metal Detectors

Snows-Metal-Detectors
Gaylordsville, CT
(860) 488-5694

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/21/2010 02:10PM by JOE(USA).
Re: Fisher F75 LTD Field test?
August 21, 2010 04:34PM
Joe,
You have definately come to the right forum for very thorough and unbiased information. There is a plethora of info spread over the last 6 or 8 pages on the LTD in itself, and as compared to other units. NASA Tom is the ultimate source of info and has devoted countless Thousands of hours of time doing research and field testing of not only F 75's but nearly every make of detector in use, as well hold patents on several models.

If you will spend the time reading over the many posts regarding the F 75 and LTD you will learn a lot and as other posters respond to your post about their experiences will only enhance your understanding. Any questions you have should be directed to NASA Tom although we are fortunate to have many well informed poster's on this site.

Wally
August 21, 2010 08:19PM
Fisher is the best out there right now and the future seems bright. You don't need a reveiw the info on Tom's forum tells the stroy over and over again. If you have hunted before you may want to buy a Fisher and try it. It not a machine for everyone but then any top of the line detector has it's +&-

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

If you don’t dig it, then how are you going to know what you’re missing!
How can you have your pudding if you don’t eat your meat!
August 21, 2010 10:02PM
Suncoast Wally & Lawrenzo,

Hey, thanks for getting back! I am new to this forum and must be doing something wrong about searching for F75LTD posts. I gave it a try and no results came up?? Does the search engine look in the message body or just the Title? I guess I'll give it another go. Thanks guys. Joe

Snows-Metal-Detectors
Gaylordsville, CT
(860) 488-5694
August 22, 2010 02:26AM
Joe,

There are several important and thorough posts; Compilation #1 & #2 are good starters and there several others in the same area of the thread!

Wally
August 22, 2010 04:00AM
40 years detecting experience in central VA relic country and it's the best machine I've ever used for relics and gold. First Texas on the other hand has not been the best customer service oriented as of Feb 2010 IMO. That includes a personal visit to El Paso headquarters, which was very much a disappointment. That hopefully has changed as the F75 LTD is too good a product to be pulled down by simple lack of courtesy and respect for the people buying your product. And I agree a machine like the F75 LTD should have it's own DVD, produced professionally by it's creators. My 2 cents. We are just very fortunate to have Tom and others to lead and train us in the use of this great tool.
August 22, 2010 11:18AM
Joe,

Time permitting..........you may want to read the thread titled "Rcpt Ack of F75 LTD prototype". It can be found on this forum.......somewhere around page 11 or 12.
August 22, 2010 01:48PM
NASA-Tom,

Thank you for your direction to "Rcpt Ack of F75 LTD prototype" on the LTD. WOW! That sure was a lot of reading! I have been at it for hours. It gave me what I wanted to know. The F75LTD is a very interesting machine.
Joe

Snows-Metal-Detectors
Gaylordsville, CT
(860) 488-5694
August 22, 2010 03:47PM
All my videos use the F75 then the LTD and the Omega 8000 this might help you to see how great this machine is as long as you understand it...most of what we have learned is from Nasa Tom cutting the learning curve in half. And then you take his info and hunt in your dirt and find what works and what doesn't. But it does get you brain in gear and you learn alot faster this way....I for one am always waiting for the next best thing and the LTD for now is it.

Will Fisher stay on top? Will they move forward or just go into a stall for a few years? They have spent a lot of money to have the line of dectors they have right now. And this hobby is getting harder for us because finding new areas are harder to locate for some of us. The history is out there the relics are out there but having access to those areas is getting harder and most of my areas are now being masked by the iron that I can't see through. There are the deep targets that we can't find. I feel the hobby and the new intrest is fading it is more for the guys that have been hunting for years that are still in the game. This is not a growing hobby it is one that we the baby boomers are keeping alive. Maybe we can get our kids interested in the hobby but this is a different time for all of us...

[www.youtube.com]

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

If you don’t dig it, then how are you going to know what you’re missing!
How can you have your pudding if you don’t eat your meat!
August 22, 2010 04:21PM
Joe I have been using the LTD since January and I have gone back to re-read "Rcpt Ack of F75 LTD prototype" at least 5 times since I started. Tom is the absolute final word on the abilities on this machine and you have should have already found the answers you were looking for.

Good Luck with the LTD and the dealership!!

Dave