Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Best head phones ??

Posted by rjenner 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Best head phones ??
March 17, 2007 04:13AM
Help,

Which headphones do you think are best and why? Some think that the Black widows are best ? If so, are they worth the price and why do you think they are best ? Has anyone compared the performance specifications between different models? I have not been able to find any comparisons of head phones based on their performance specifications. Help, please, thank you

Ron
Re: Best head phones ??
March 17, 2007 06:09AM
I hope I don't confuse the issue, but I think you must try different headphones yourself to really know which is best for you,,IMHO the Black Widow headphones are one of the best for hearing deep targets with a SOV/GT & WOT coil on a windy beach and if your hearing is at all challenged. I also use the Killer B's "wasps" & a pair of Troy Pro headphones on my CZ3D & SOV/GT and they are both amazing as well, but the Black Widows have netted me small Gold rings 15" deep in wet fresh water beach sand and these rings could be fit within the inside of a dime. Maybe If I had been using the other headphones I would have heard the faint Gold signals, but I kinda doubt it. All three sets of headphones have excellent sound but I use the Black Widows when I hunt for deep beach targets. Good Luck with your decision. H.H.:-)
Re: Best head phones ??
March 18, 2007 12:53PM
My primary headphones are KOSS QZ-99 Noise Reduction phones. Heavy, bulky and hot.... but the outside world nearly goes away,,,,, allowing greater focus on detector audio. Wind noise is no problem. Great for the beach.

Tom
the QZ-99's are sleeperzzzz
March 18, 2007 03:59PM
Good choice Tom. I have tried many of the "made for detecting" phones and the 99's remain my pick not only for the isolation and sound quality but they work well on every machine I have used them on.

Tom