Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

New Detector ....Looks like a wired DEUS....Made by DETEKNIX

Posted by Keith Southern 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Re: New Detector ....Looks like a wired DEUS....Made by DETEKNIX
July 20, 2015 01:33PM
Rustic C said ProPointer, so I assumed he meant the standard one, not the new AT version.
July 20, 2015 02:32PM
Chinese detectors don't seem to be nicely packaged. As far as performance, they seem to be copycat knockoffs of US and Oz detectors, but even then they often seem to be let down by poor quality control and cutting corners on component specs.

Look at their webpage under products - you will see their only currently available detectors. The advertising copy is full of nonsense about ground balancing and mineralization.

[www.deteknix.com] Click on the tab on the top right under "coin and jewelry" and look at the "Q10 Juniors". Here,s the link

[www.deteknix.com]

I agree that non Chinese detector manufacturers have their work cut out for them to defend market share in the low end of the detector spectrum. They will only win if they provide quality reliable products at the right price and serve their real customers for these entry level products. Those customers are the likes of Kellyco, Big Five, Walmart, Hobby Lobby, Cabelas, etc. the end user will buy from these kind of mass market outlets, so the key is getting them to stock your product.

Rick Kempf
Gold Canyon AZ- where there is no gold
July 20, 2015 02:45PM
I've been expecting more detectors to start showing up at Wally World i.e. I've mentioned this before----some, well their feelings weren't great towards this idea. But it may be the only way for some to stay in the game so to speak. My local WW used to carry bounty hunters, but seem to have stopped---don't know the real reason.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/20/2015 02:48PM by tnsharpshooter.
July 20, 2015 03:14PM
tnsharpshooter Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I've been expecting more detectors to start
> showing up at Wally World i.e. I've mentioned this
> before----some, well their feelings weren't great
> towards this idea. But it may be the only way for
> some to stay in the game so to speak. My local WW
> used to carry bounty hunters, but seem to have
> stopped---don't know the real reason.

I assume when it comes to mass marketers everything is about profit. If something is taking shelf space and not selling fast enough, off it goes. If something is selling in a given space and they can make another 10 cents on one brand over another, then the higher profit one wins that space due to the volumes across a bunch of stores. It all adds up. They are not in any given game for the long haul, unlike normal MD dealers. I am still surprised by the amount of offerings in the sub $300 range. There must be a lot of stuff bought for Christmas, birthdays, fathers day, maybe the occaisional mothers day, etc. That could be very well the target for the Deteknix product. Maybe it just looks cool and performs good enough for someone that doesn't know better. Kind of like those EFX jobs.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/20/2015 03:15PM by TabWhisperer.
July 20, 2015 04:43PM
Some of those Chinese detectors are pretty decent in performance, downfall is they have not been able to produce high quality search coils.
Fit them with the correct aftermarket coil, you might be surprised the bang you get for the buck, if your a "coin and jewelry hunter."

My recent finds from 5" down, both found within 5 hours. ID'd correctly and nice clear loud signal.

I would venture to say the sample machine I got is on par with a Tesoro Outlaw, Cortes for a heck of a lot less.

Who knows what the China Men will develop next............they are just getting their feet wet............keep an open mind, they maybe coming to your Walmart, soon.

Will be interesting to see what they will come up with for a deep relic machine for iron infested sites, maybe one day?

Remember there was a time not so long ago when many said European machines were not up to par with US machines, they can't be better............took Keith and a few others
to the gamble on them........opened up many nay sayers eyes...who now swear by them...................

DeepTech Vista X with 3 search coils.
Works for me
July 20, 2015 04:57PM
No open mind here. I hate all this Chinese crap. Im in construction. Have old Milwaukee tools,30 yrs old, work fine. The new dewalt, Milwaukee,etc cant last more than couple years. Ya know, I use those Dansco little blue "wonder bars", great little ,simple American made tool Works great. Compare to any other similar Chinese tool, ...no comparison. I may not be able to buy only American products anymore, but I can do my best to at least support our Allies, not our enemy.
July 20, 2015 06:15PM
Come on Sven, Chinese crap as good as a Tesoro?...LOL Have you ever tried an Outlaw? I am ashamed to admit it but I had a GC 1023 metal detector that I bought the grandkids, it sorta worked good, had great reviews but in no way did it compare to the low cost Tesoro Compadre. It went belly up after about six months, no place to repair it, so out it went into the dumpster. $60 down the drain, $30 or $40 more and I could have bought a used Compadre and that is what I did.
July 20, 2015 06:56PM
Sven1 Wrote:
> Some of those Chinese detectors are pretty decent
> in performance, downfall is they have not been
> able to produce high quality search coils.
> Fit them with the correct aftermarket coil, you
> might be surprised the bang you get for the buck,
> if your a "coin and jewelry hunter."
>
Sven, I believe you mentioned that you have a Gold Bug Pro now. If it were me I'd just use that...I don't understand why you'd use a low-cost detector when you already own something much better?

or is your GF2 comparable to your GBP?
July 20, 2015 07:38PM
I have had a bunch of detectors over the past year looking for the perfect detector for my hunting situations.
Whether Chinese, European or American, I have no issue with where they come from or who makes them, if I want to try them, its my right.
I prefer beep and digs, so I buy what I can afford, mostly used. Tesoros are my favorite but, my Deeptech Vista Gold is right there.
I don't like target ID machines, especially up here in Canada with CA clad coins, they don't like them. Many Id machines will constantly bounce from hi to low numbers and all over
if you are in a trashy area with coins in them. Many of the favored machines in the US, just suck up here. So I looked elsewhere for a couple target ID machines that would do fairly decent
with the clad up here. Especially one for my wife with physical diabilities who is forced to cherry pick, shallow targets, the less bending over.... she had to do the better. Funny thing two of the China units work out very well
on our junk coins. In our case the China ones work and yes comparable to many Tesoro units in performance. Now I didn't say 100%, as you can go over a buried gold ring in one direction, sweep across it from another
and it won't see it. The Tesoro will. Yes I still have a Tesoro, Euro Sabre. But, also a cheap Bounty Hunter Tracker IV. Since I have been out of work since Christmas and recent surgery, funds are hard to come by, had to sell several detectors, keep a few favorites, and the little extra cash went to trying some China detectors. I don't talk about China detectors, as I have seen generally on US forums, they are not highly regarded. Made an exception because Keith made a post about the Deteknix. Bet if that China Deteknix turns out to be a GEM and is tested by a prominate forum members, attitudes would change quickly. Until that time, keeping my mouth shut. I am going to have fun detecting with what I own......................

DeepTech Vista X with 3 search coils.
Works for me
July 20, 2015 07:49PM
Sven,
I'm like you. All I want is the best performance for the $$$$ I can afford (and overall quality + durability is important too). Makes me wonder how some who post here keep from going naked. I wonder what the labels inside the clothing they wear says??????

And my comments are not meant to incite anyone. And Deus certainly isn't a product of the USA, and neither is Minelab.

And consider the following. I'm not about to be standing around and let the US and China each try their nukes out on me, and for me to tell folks which one is better!!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/20/2015 07:55PM by tnsharpshooter.
July 20, 2015 08:13PM
deathray Wrote:
> Wheres this "ongoing reliability issues"?

You are kidding right?
July 20, 2015 08:16PM
TN wrote: "And my comments are not meant to incite anyone." Well that just chaps my hide, because you can't buy anything that is not made in China or where ever. I will draw the line when it comes to metal detectors though. I'm sure that some USA metal detector companies use/outsource foreign made parts for them but for the most part support and hire Americans. Remember, the money you save today by buying foreign made products could cost you your job tomorrow.
July 20, 2015 08:22PM
lytle78 Wrote:
> Chinese detectors don't seem to be nicely
> packaged. As far as performance, they seem to be
> copycat knockoffs of US and Oz detectors, but even
> then they often seem to be let down by poor
> quality control and cutting corners on component
> specs.
>
> Look at their webpage under products - you will
> see their only currently available detectors. The
> advertising copy is full of nonsense about ground
> balancing and mineralization.
>
> [www.deteknix.com]
> Click on the tab on the top right under "coin and
> jewelry" and look at the "Q10 Juniors". Here,s the
> link
>
> [www.deteknix.com]
>
> I agree that non Chinese detector manufacturers
> have their work cut out for them to defend market
> share in the low end of the detector spectrum.
> They will only win if they provide quality
> reliable products at the right price and serve
> their real customers for these entry level
> products. Those customers are the likes of
> Kellyco, Big Five, Walmart, Hobby Lobby, Cabelas,
> etc. the end user will buy from these kind of
> mass market outlets, so the key is getting them to
> stock your product.

As for big bad China stealing away the US ideas and designs - Its not hard for them if you are going to set up your offshore manufacturing in their country -

Surprisingly there are a few names on here I would have bet my house on being made in the USA -
[www.jiesworld.com]

As for China's apparent lack luster quality on products, it seems to be good enough for western corporations & the only thing they do to improve that Chinese quality is to put their name on it -
July 20, 2015 08:46PM
It's all about cheap labor and cutting corners. No healthcare benefits to worry about. No pensions. Very few regulations. If you call them out on it they say it is their duty to the stock holders. Welcome to the machine!

For the record I try to buy American. But in today's world that just isn't practical.
July 20, 2015 08:55PM
goodmore Wrote:
> It's all about cheap labor and cutting corners. No
> healthcare benefits to worry about. No pensions.
> Very few regulations. If you call them out on it
> they say it is their duty to the stock holders.
> Welcome to the machine!
>
> For the record I try to buy American. But in
> today's world that just isn't practical.

Free enterprise!!!
Folks buy whichever detector you wish for whatever reason you wish. Just imagine 30 years down the road. If the last 20 are an indication---better hold on,,,you are in for a ride.
July 21, 2015 01:12AM
Kinda humorous how I can be belittled for TRYING to buy Ametican, or at least from our allies. I guess it comes from being blue collar all my life. Been laid off from a plant that moved to Malaysia back in 1987. Its my.money , I will spend it where I want. And for the person that insinuated that someone like me , would snatch it up if a Tom D. Or Keith gave a glowing review...well, did not buy a Racer.
July 21, 2015 01:15AM
rustic charm Wrote:
> deathray Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Wheres this "ongoing reliability issues"?
>
> You are kidding right?

No..Im talking the carrot. Has there been alot of issues with it?
July 21, 2015 01:56AM
deathray Wrote:
> No open mind here. I hate all this Chinese crap.
> Im in construction. Have old Milwaukee tools,30
> yrs old, work fine. The new dewalt, Milwaukee,etc
> cant last more than couple years. Ya know, I use
> those Dansco little blue "wonder bars", great
> little ,simple American made tool Works great.
> Compare to any other similar Chinese tool, ...no
> comparison. I may not be able to buy only American
> products anymore, but I can do my best to at least
> support our Allies, not our enemy.

(H.F.) chinese emporium for tools!

(h.h!)
j.t.
July 21, 2015 01:59AM
Dude, that hatbor freight stuff is CRAP!LOL.
July 21, 2015 02:24AM
deathray Wrote:
> Kinda humorous how I can be belittled for TRYING
> to buy Ametican, or at least from our allies. I
> guess it comes from being blue collar all my life.
> Been laid off from a plant that moved to Malaysia
> back in 1987. Its my.money , I will spend it where
> I want. And for the person that insinuated that
> someone like me , would snatch it up if a Tom D.
> Or Keith gave a glowing review...well, did not
> buy a Racer.

Dont blame you one bit Ray..I like to see Americans build the best stuff...What American would not..

At least were not buying medical equipment though, LOL...its just a detector...

im still skeptical if it will be anything besides a Good looking unit...Im more curious than anything about any NEW machine to the arena..

Keith

“I don't care that they stole my idea . . I care that they don't have any of their own”
-Nikola Tesla
July 21, 2015 02:27AM
deathray Wrote:
> rustic charm Wrote:
> -----
> > deathray Wrote:
> >
>
> > -----
> > > Wheres this "ongoing reliability issues"?
> >
> > You are kidding right?
>
> No..Im talking the carrot. Has there been alot of
> issues with it?

I have no idea - I was mentioning the GPP

I wont by a carrot until they have been out for around 18 months as thats when my GPP started its falsing issues, so it stands to reason to see if the new ones are durable - No disrespect to Garrett as they make fine gear with fantastic support however I didnt like the way they handled their GPP's issues - Personally I would have thought they would have rectified the issue at production level and NOT have to rely on their after sales support to carry the can.......... But thats just me

For now I use my reconditioned GPP thanks to the guy that sold me the X-Pointer as a replacement - He fixed the falsing issue on the Garrett for free (nice guy) and I have just taken possession of the Nokta Pointer so I am in no rush to get a carrot yet -
July 21, 2015 07:38AM
deadlift Wrote:
> With the way the colored ID bar at the top, pie
> chart, calculator looking numbers, etc. Can't
> help but wonder if there's some OEM type supplying
> a parts for them and nokta/makro. I know Makro
> mentioned outsourcing a few things, like the
> company that made their coils with thin ears?
>
> Hello...just to clarify. Nokta and Makro have no ties with this comapny. It looks like some of the design elements of our Racer screen were copied.
July 21, 2015 12:25PM
I think I have learned my lesson with these newer companies. I gave the racer a go and while I like it...in my opinion Makro customer service left me feeling very disappointed and I regret purchasing it for that reason alone. I keep thinking about selling it but then see where the pro packs are going for $375 to $500 which kills me. That is another issue with these types of companies I have learned now also, You better be willing to lose quite a bit of money on it if you are the type that likes to try different machines. Its definately not like an atpro where you can buy one and only be out $50-100
July 21, 2015 03:21PM
bigboar Wrote:
> I think I have learned my lesson with these newer
> companies. I gave the racer a go and while I like
> it...in my opinion Makro customer service left me
> feeling very disappointed and I regret purchasing
> it for that reason alone. I keep thinking about
> selling it but then see where the pro packs are
> going for $375 to $500 which kills me. That is
> another issue with these types of companies I have
> learned now also, You better be willing to lose
> quite a bit of money on it if you are the type
> that likes to try different machines. Its
> definately not like an atpro where you can buy one
> and only be out $50-100

Hello... very sorry and surprised to hear that our customer service let you down. Can we please learn the reason to see whether there is anything we can do for you to make you a satisfied customer?
July 21, 2015 03:26PM
thats a winner of a design it will fly off the shelves if they can get it on the shelves in the first place.someone islistening at last ,no more assembling bits of tubing with spring loaded catches ,for gods sake thats 30 years old and must cost more to make than a collapsible stem which can be outsourced
July 21, 2015 05:04PM
Hello,
not sure if this is Dilek or someone else but I made a post on another forum expressing my disappointment in how it was handled. Long story short, my coil has(had-since I decided to try a repair myself) a crack. The coil was still useable(but in my opinion I shouldnt have to keep using it only to have it fail completely when I am out in the field) and all I would have liked to have done was have the coil exchanged out. I was told(after a week of waiting and having to send a follow up to get a response) that my coil was normal. If this is Dilek you replied to my post after a few days apologizing for the lack of communication but not one word was mentioned about the problem with the coil itself. I have to be honest, you have to know you have problems with the stock coil supplied with the racer. There is a member on this very forum that is on his third.
Maybe it was just Calvit having a bad week or something but my coil in not completely normal and it sure gets frustrating seeing others have a new coil sent to them without even having to send theirs back when all I wanted was to exchange mine so I could have some peace of mind. I even see people stating they were sent new coils for falsing issues or something with no apparent damage yet mine has damage and was denied.
This was just my personal experience and I have saw posts from many others who seemed to have been very happy with your company and the service they received so I applaud you for that.
It is all water under the bridge and I probably shouldnt have singled your company out but I will be very leary of making any purchases from newer detector mfrs in the future...I do really like my pro pack and makro pointer but customer service also means alot in my book and that unfortunately was not my experience in my opinion and with having shelled out $900+ for all my Makro gear it was a very disappointing experience.
Sorry for the rant everyone.........I didnt intend to take this off topic. The new Deteknix machine does look very nice. Maybe Keith will get one to test for all to see!!!

Nokta Detectors Wrote:
> bigboar Wrote:
> -----
> > I think I have learned my lesson with these
> newer
> > companies. I gave the racer a go and while I
> like
> > it...in my opinion Makro customer service left
> me
> > feeling very disappointed and I regret
> purchasing
> > it for that reason alone. I keep thinking about
> > selling it but then see where the pro packs are
> > going for $375 to $500 which kills me. That is
> > another issue with these types of companies I
> have
> > learned now also, You better be willing to lose
> > quite a bit of money on it if you are the type
> > that likes to try different machines. Its
> > definately not like an atpro where you can buy
> one
> > and only be out $50-100
>
>
> Hello... very sorry and surprised to hear that our
> customer service let you down. Can we please learn
> the reason to see whether there is anything we can
> do for you to make you a satisfied customer?

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 07/21/2015 05:47PM by bigboar.
July 22, 2015 08:00AM
bigboar Wrote:
> Hello,
> not sure if this is Dilek or someone else but I
> made a post on another forum expressing my
> disappointment in how it was handled. Long story
> short, my coil has(had-since I decided to try a
> repair myself) a crack. The coil was still
> useable(but in my opinion I shouldnt have to keep
> using it only to have it fail completely when I am
> out in the field) and all I would have liked to
> have done was have the coil exchanged out. I was
> told(after a week of waiting and having to send a
> follow up to get a response) that my coil was
> normal. If this is Dilek you replied to my post
> after a few days apologizing for the lack of
> communication but not one word was mentioned about
> the problem with the coil itself. I have to be
> honest, you have to know you have problems with
> the stock coil supplied with the racer. There is a
> member on this very forum that is on his third.
> Maybe it was just Calvit having a bad week or
> something but my coil in not completely normal and
> it sure gets frustrating seeing others have a new
> coil sent to them without even having to send
> theirs back when all I wanted was to exchange mine
> so I could have some peace of mind. I even see
> people stating they were sent new coils for
> falsing issues or something with no apparent
> damage yet mine has damage and was denied.
> This was just my personal experience and I have
> saw posts from many others who seemed to have been
> very happy with your company and the service they
> received so I applaud you for that.
> It is all water under the bridge and I probably
> shouldnt have singled your company out but I will
> be very leary of making any purchases from newer
> detector mfrs in the future...I do really like my
> pro pack and makro pointer but customer service
> also means alot in my book and that unfortunately
> was not my experience in my opinion and with
> having shelled out $900+ for all my Makro gear it
> was a very disappointing experience.
> Sorry for the rant everyone.........I didnt intend
> to take this off topic. The new Deteknix machine
> does look very nice. Maybe Keith will get one to
> test for all to see!!!
>
>Hello...this is Dilek. Please email me at dilek@noktadetectors.com with the serial number of your device, your delivery address, tel number and attach the picture again. We just want happy customers not frustrated ones due to a simple coil issue. We will send a new coil out to you. We may be a new name in the USA but we are a reliable company. When Nokta and Makro brand names are mentioned, we want customers to feel close to us regardless of the physical distance between us. Thank you!
July 22, 2015 02:10PM
Nokta Detectors Wrote:

> >
> >Hello...this is Dilek. Please email me at
> dilek@noktadetectors.com with the serial number of
> your device, your delivery address, tel number and
> attach the picture again. We just want happy
> customers not frustrated ones due to a simple coil
> issue. We will send a new coil out to you. We may
> be a new name in the USA but we are a reliable
> company. When Nokta and Makro brand names are
> mentioned, we want customers to feel close to us
> regardless of the physical distance between us.
> Thank you!
Thank you very much Dilek! An email has been sent. Please let me know if you received it because its not showing up in my email software as being sent.
July 22, 2015 09:12PM
lytle78 Wrote:
> Chinese detectors don't seem to be nicely
> packaged. As far as performance, they seem to be
> copycat knockoffs of US and Oz detectors, but even
> then they often seem to be let down by poor
> quality control and cutting corners on component
> specs.
>
> Look at their webpage under products - you will
> see their only currently available detectors. The
> advertising copy is full of nonsense about ground
> balancing and mineralization.
>
> [www.deteknix.com]
> Click on the tab on the top right under "coin and
> jewelry" and look at the "Q10 Juniors". Here,s the
> link
>
> [www.deteknix.com]
>
> I agree that non Chinese detector manufacturers
> have their work cut out for them to defend market
> share in the low end of the detector spectrum.
> They will only win if they provide quality
> reliable products at the right price and serve
> their real customers for these entry level
> products. Those customers are the likes of
> Kellyco, Big Five, Walmart, Hobby Lobby, Cabelas,
> etc. the end user will buy from these kind of
> mass market outlets, so the key is getting them to
> stock your product.

This is not an attack on you good sir but I differ to your opening statement

"Chinese detectors don't seem to be nicely
> packaged
"

I take it you have heard of the deteknix X-Pointe?r - When it first came out it took on the GPP and beat it on performance, reliability, price and value for money - i.e. protective caps tp protect your investment - Security attachment & bungee cord which are also charged as extra's from non Chinese manufacturers, so I disagree entirely with your statement -

Now I am not saying this new upcoming metal detector is the dux nuts however give some credit where credit is due - They have a sucessful product on the market already which is backed up by an efficient after sales service so why would we expect anything less from these guys again?

If many of you dont like Chinese manufacturing then why dont you let your corporations know - its them that decided to manufacture in China and I bet that decision was made because of copyright laws - Remember before everyone went rushing off to China to get their products made, it was common to see in the US one corporation taking another corporation through the courts because one little item in their VHS was too similar to another companies so a lot of time, money, effort & bribes would be paid in order for a judge to rule. Yes, a lot of moolah one is going to get and as for the other..............bad news I am afraid. So it would stand to reason also to manufacture in a country where there are no patent/copyright laws so your business wont be as asily stiolen away by a Judge with a need for greed.

So is it really big bad China who is wrong or simply the way the patent/copyright laws have driven away US manufacturing - just a thought
July 22, 2015 09:17PM
Nokta Detectors Wrote:
> bigboar Wrote:
> -----
> > Hello,
> > not sure if this is Dilek or someone else but I
> > made a post on another forum expressing my
> > disappointment in how it was handled. Long
> story
> > short, my coil has(had-since I decided to try a
> > repair myself) a crack. The coil was still
> > useable(but in my opinion I shouldnt have to
> keep
> > using it only to have it fail completely when I
> am
> > out in the field) and all I would have liked to
> > have done was have the coil exchanged out. I
> was
> > told(after a week of waiting and having to send
> a
> > follow up to get a response) that my coil was
> > normal. If this is Dilek you replied to my post
> > after a few days apologizing for the lack of
> > communication but not one word was mentioned
> about
> > the problem with the coil itself. I have to be
> > honest, you have to know you have problems with
> > the stock coil supplied with the racer. There is
> a
> > member on this very forum that is on his third.
> > Maybe it was just Calvit having a bad week or
> > something but my coil in not completely normal
> and
> > it sure gets frustrating seeing others have a
> new
> > coil sent to them without even having to send
> > theirs back when all I wanted was to exchange
> mine
> > so I could have some peace of mind. I even see
> > people stating they were sent new coils for
> > falsing issues or something with no apparent
> > damage yet mine has damage and was denied.
> > This was just my personal experience and I have
> > saw posts from many others who seemed to have
> been
> > very happy with your company and the service
> they
> > received so I applaud you for that.
> > It is all water under the bridge and I probably
> > shouldnt have singled your company out but I
> will
> > be very leary of making any purchases from
> newer
> > detector mfrs in the future...I do really like
> my
> > pro pack and makro pointer but customer service
> > also means alot in my book and that
> unfortunately
> > was not my experience in my opinion and with
> > having shelled out $900+ for all my Makro gear
> it
> > was a very disappointing experience.
> > Sorry for the rant everyone.........I didnt
> intend
> > to take this off topic. The new Deteknix
> machine
> > does look very nice. Maybe Keith will get one
> to
> > test for all to see!!!
> >
> >Hello...this is Dilek. Please email me at
> dilek@noktadetectors.com with the serial number of
> your device, your delivery address, tel number and
> attach the picture again. We just want happy
> customers not frustrated ones due to a simple coil
> issue. We will send a new coil out to you. We may
> be a new name in the USA but we are a reliable
> company. When Nokta and Makro brand names are
> mentioned, we want customers to feel close to us
> regardless of the physical distance between us.
> Thank you!

This is exactly why I like Nokta/Makro - Sure the units are all that but you will never find another Dilek -