Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Hows this for nickel ratio with 3D!

Posted by ShovelNose 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Hows this for nickel ratio with 3D!
August 26, 2010 08:44PM
I hunted the same general area around a 20 yr old ball field 3 times on the 20th, 22nd and 24th. 58 quarters, 27 NICKELS, and 65 dimes. If mine says nickel in salt mode its a nickel at least 90% of the time.If there is a nickel there the 3D will know!
Re: Hows this for nickel ratio with 3D!
August 28, 2010 04:23AM
I always hunt in enhanced mode. I usually get at least two nickels for every quarter.
August 28, 2010 04:07PM
Yes, very good ratio.
Another important ratio is..............NICKELS vs FLIP TABS.
August 29, 2010 01:38AM
Very few tabs. Nothing is perfect but if mine gives a high tone with out alot of mid and IDs' its a nickel. Safe to say out of last 40 nickels I gotten 5 tabs. All were tails! This machine beeps if a nickel is in the next field! Digging fewer bottle caps(guess before digging) but they just sound so close. I dig everything just about.
August 29, 2010 02:52PM
Very nice nickel-to-aluminum ratio. Don't get discouraged if you hit an area where the ratio flips the other way. Remember........no other detector has this good/tight of a ratio .. of nickels vs trash. ........ Nothing is perfect.
August 31, 2010 01:07AM
Yes, very few pulltabs unless they're just the tails. Those little rectangular flip tabs can be a pain, though. The only trash item that I consistently have a problem with is the good old aluminum screw cap. I'm always thinking it's a shallow quarter.
August 31, 2010 06:32PM
All brand detectors read/ID these aluminum screw caps as a good coin.
September 11, 2010 03:52AM
hmmm,pesky aluminium caps. but I think I have figured that one out... if you switch to salt mode and disc up to 6 it does not beep..... ahhh I have done this to check, no high tone, no dig! then I switch back to my regular settings till I get another hit!
September 11, 2010 11:18AM
Wonder if that will work with those pesky nails. The little, bent nails wore me out yesterday. They were at least where they were PP. Good thing signal strenth isnt affected by high desc. on 3D
September 11, 2010 02:06PM
Usually............these aluminum screw-caps will ID as a "Zinc Penny"........just like Inidan Head pennies, silver Half-Dimes and a lot of other targets.