Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Tom are you testing the new Gold Bug?

Posted by Cal_cobra 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Tom are you testing the new Gold Bug?
August 27, 2010 08:27AM
I've seen some pretty interesting comments from Keith and Brad on the GB SE, and am just curious if you've had a chance to play around with it too?

What I find interesting is that FT's trend seems to be focused on building the best relic machines out there....I'd love to see them focus specifically on making the best coin shooter out there...something along the lines of an Omega with boost mode, trigger and a backlight... the O8 is definitely hotter on silver then my F75 LTD, unfortunately it's not as deep.

I know I'm dreaming.....but still smiling smiley
Re: Tom are you testing the new Gold Bug?
August 27, 2010 03:46PM
I'd really anxious to see some real world results on a Florida saltwater beach. The video and tests that were done on northern beaches are very promising. The GB appears to be able to balance to the wet salt without sacrificing good depth on small gold. Time will tell...
August 28, 2010 12:06AM
Gary,

In reading what the F75 ground balances out at on the Florida beaches, at 0, and assuming the Gold Bug has similar ground balance parameters/software, it too ground balanced at almost 0....it's about .3 to .5 on the ground balance number, and 0 on the ground phase number. This is in the wet sand and suds. Moving in the semi-wet, the numbers move up. In the total dry, it's around 70-77.

This is on several beaches in NJ. I am going to try to go to a beach that is ridden with hot rocks and black sand, and see what the Gold Bug does and what it ground balances out as.

Will keep all posted.

JC
August 28, 2010 11:28AM
Yes, that's my thoughts exactly. Although it seems our beaches may contain more salinity than your beaches, if the GB still has 'room' to move down toward 0 a small amount when you ground balance, then there shouldn't be any reason why we can't tune to the wet salt sand as well. Hot rocks & mineralization just aren't something we have to deal with down here, at least on 90% of our beaches in Florida. This unit will make for an interesting experiment to test for small gold on the wet sand. Not 'micro' gold by Tom's definition, because I don't think it would find it on the wet sand (but would be killer in the dry sand), but even small gold - an occasional open earring or necklace or broken gold ring would be a huge improvement over where we are now... Hopefully, Tom has plans to test the GB on the beach sometime soon.
August 28, 2010 04:14PM
I do not have one to test..........but would run it through multiple tests..........from wet salt sand,,,,,to dry sand micro-jewelry,,,,,to iron infested relic hunting. Truthfully, I'm waiting on the Teknetics G2 (nearly the same unit) for testing. If this does happen..........I will keep all updated with 'on-the-fly' results.
August 28, 2010 11:42PM
It would be great to know what you think and if this new G2 is another step in finding those hard to find relics...Fisher wanted me to test one for them but only on gold hunting and I told them I was a relic hunter I wanted to be honest so they told me they have some new stuff coming out and I am on the list to test in the Gold country on some old sights I hunt.

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

If you don’t dig it, then how are you going to know what you’re missing!
How can you have your pudding if you don’t eat your meat!
August 29, 2010 12:33AM
Lawrenzo that says it all Honesty is easy.
You dont have to remerber lies.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/29/2010 01:16AM by gman.
September 01, 2010 06:49PM
Tom I keep reading from experienced users that the GB SE has the best iron see thru of any machine, this is coming from F75 LTD/T2 LTD/Omega users (or former users). I'm not really a gold hunter, but it is shaping up to be a great coin shooter and relic hunter too from what I'm reading, it's gold hunting capabilities may just be a bonus.

I'm seeing comments like:

" it will SEE TRU Iron....Like nothing on the Planet....it IS way ahead of its time! "

and

"It's also the best iron hunting machine I have ever used and punches bad ground with ease!!!"

It's starting to wet my appetite smiling smiley
September 02, 2010 02:13AM
Currently, I do not have one to test. I will say this. The old Gold Bug-2 is tremendous at "so-called --iron see thru--". Ahead of its time. So............the new Gold Bug SE may very well have some of this ability.
September 02, 2010 03:36AM
So the Goldbug SE would be a good relic hunting detector? I am talking bed of nails iron in a corn field where you dig all non-fe targets.
September 02, 2010 05:17AM
gates21 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> So the Goldbug SE would be a good relic hunting
> detector? I am talking bed of nails iron in a corn
> field where you dig all non-fe targets.

That's what I've been reading, and also handles tough dirt exceedingly well (which you would expect a gold machine to do).

It's also purportedly a superb wet salt sand hunter as well.

Very, very tempting.
Take the early hype with a grain of salt.
September 02, 2010 02:43PM
Hey, what a select few are saying could be true. But often times the early reports that come out are rah rah cheerleaders for that particular company. Ive seen it with all makes. You have to read between the lines, divide the hype by 50%, then decide if you want to try it. Keep an eye out on the for sale columns also. Pump and dump comes to mind.Having said that, I feel Tom D. is quite honest in his testing. Happy hunting.
September 02, 2010 03:41PM
It all can change in a different area different dirt, also is Tom using it when he is relic hunting? I have not read that he is a big fan of the LTD for relic hunting!

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

If you don’t dig it, then how are you going to know what you’re missing!
How can you have your pudding if you don’t eat your meat!
September 02, 2010 07:18PM
I still have serious concern about the Gold Bug SE being able to detect gold targets whilst properly ground balanced to wet salt......esp considering the unit is a single freq VLF. I do have strong belief that the unit will work very well (at minimum).......in nail infested relic sites. All of this is still speculation on my part.....as I do not have a GB SE as of yet.
September 04, 2010 05:33PM
I wish FT would send you one for evaluation. We're all dying to know if it's going to whip the wet salt sand and still find small gold. If it does.....wow........that opens up an entirely new market for that unit.
September 05, 2010 02:46AM
More than you think!!!!