Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Question----Best detector/coil combo for.........

Posted by D&P-OR 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Question----Best detector/coil combo for.........
July 25, 2015 06:48PM
working in TIN (as in small busted up pieces of tin off of OLD tin cans)?------We work some ghost towns & miners camps that are just proliferated with busted up pieces of tin of all sizes off of old tin cans.----These old miners literally "lived" out of tin cans (food wise).----I am well aware that this is a tough call because of the way a detector electronically sees these smaller pieces of this tin---the larger ones, you can somewhat combat them---(sizing, etc.)--------but-------what detector/coil combo would give you the best chance in ALL these smaller tin can pieces??------I know there are some good targets in there---just gotta get to them.-----------Del
Re: Question----Best detector/coil combo for.........
July 25, 2015 07:31PM
Hi Del,

...Small rusty tin is a problematic target for sure, I'm sure people get tired of reading my Tesoro experiences. The ED-120 Disc.circuit that Jack Gifford designed is as good as any that I have handled, that includes the original Bandido, Bandido ll, Pantera, Toltec ll, and lastly the Outlaw, I had heard that he had his hand in on the Outlaw design. If a person can get past the RETUNE button bug... The Outlaw has a very stable Disc. circuit that does not false on the small ferrous targets, it will report on bigger iron though but those false signals are easy to figure out with the excellent single tone audio and a bit of all-metal pinpointing.

July 25, 2015 07:33PM
Del we see the same issues in the Nevada ghost towns we detect, that tin and rusty thin flat iron (I think they used it for building siding/roofs) can be a nightmare, and it tends to be everywhere.

IF there's a machine/coil combo that can get around that, it would definitely open these sites up.
July 25, 2015 08:12PM
I like the Omega with stock coil for Tin Work..

its still hot on low conductors while somewhat accurately reporting tin as trash

Keith

“I don't care that they stole my idea . . I care that they don't have any of their own”
-Nikola Tesla