Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Best AA batteries for use in the Tejon?

Posted by D&P-OR 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Best AA batteries for use in the Tejon?
July 26, 2015 11:55PM
Anyone having the best success with a certain brand of alkalines in the Tejon (as far as running time & performance)?----Has anyone tried high mamp re-chargeables & if so, are they worth messing with? (in the Tejon)
Re: Best AA batteries for use in the Tejon?
July 27, 2015 12:17AM
I use Energizer AA in my Tejon. I cant remember where it was posted that someone left the batteries in there detector for several years the batteries were complete dead but no corrosion. It's worth the money just for that reason plus they last a long time. Stick.
July 27, 2015 12:32AM
Cant speak to the Tejon, but fwiw I ran Eneloops in my Safari for years without any problem or noticeable difference from alkalines. Use a good smart charger regardless of what batteries you use if you go rechargables.
July 27, 2015 12:34AM
Never have run a Tejon but these might work. Would like to hear some feedback on these batteries if anyone has any.

[www.metaefficient.com]
July 27, 2015 03:02AM
I just buy the costco pack of aa's. Not sure if theres a better alternative.
July 27, 2015 07:20AM
Based on a previous thread where Keith S. maintained the Tejon is one of those machines that work better with a fresh battery, I say you should consider using lithium non-rechargeables (lithium iron disulfide), such as Energizer Advanced Lithium. These put out about 1.75 Volts each when fresh, and still give 1.5 Volts near the end.
July 27, 2015 01:07PM
Thank you for your responses gentlemen.----Pimento-that is a good point you made in what Keith said about the Tejon & batteries.----Maybe he will post up to this question also as to what he is using.----I don't think he has been on the Forum for a bit--probably busy with work, etc.-----------Del
July 27, 2015 01:19PM
deathray
I just buy the costco pack of aa's. Not sure if theres a better alternative.
The Costco 'house brand' is Kirkland. Specially packaged for Costco by Proctor & Gamble, the makers of Duracell. eye rolling smiley Those are my #1 preference AA alkaline for the $$$, followed by Duracell's own label, then Energizer and Panasonic. The only other time I select something different is if I chance upon a super deal (very affordable) AA alkaline that works well enough to keep the operating cost down. With 48 Kirkland AA alkaline batteries for just under $13 (the last packs I bought), you get ample operating power and performance that is very affordable.

Monte
July 27, 2015 02:29PM
Any good alkaline that you find on sale...With rechargeables wouldn't mess with them as they vary so much in performance unless you find one with superior performance...
July 30, 2015 10:07PM
I like good fresh Energizer batteries!
July 30, 2015 11:38PM
With the Tejon Del I used the Panasonic Oxyrides...

I think there no longer made...I think they replaced them with the evolta line but I may be mistaken..

What I liked about the OXYs was they would be about 1.7 volts out fo the pack and stayed above 1.5 forever...

So they would give the battey check beeps like well above 8-9 ...I always found for the AUDIO part of the Tejon to report the best it took above 5 beeps and preferably 7 if you could get there... the Oxy's did that and then some..

Also the energizer lithiums are nice but way expensive...the Oxys were pretty comparable to Alkalines in price....

maybe someone could check on the Evoltas...not sure of the chemical makeup I think they are oxyride tech..

Please take not though Del.. the type things im talking about on the Tejon with powerful batteries and such may not at first be noticable...

But what the batteries do is turn the clicks and pops that is the secret to understanding the Tejon in depth and unmasking and LIVENS those NUANCE TRAITS up some...

So till one is totally IN SYNC with the Tejon the extra power may be moot...First learn what a smooth click or a fuzzy snap is compared to a abrubt falsing click and snaps then graduate into the batteries ..And im not talking about in your face type clicks and snaps.. Im talking about faint short burst of audio..Little subtle hits that may sound like a false but is actually goodies...partially masked...since you dotn ahve a iront one to hear the rest of the signal the reports are how should I say only half there but smoother than a rejected false...

the Tejon is complex audibly to getting the most out of it. its a AWESOME Unit but is quirky for the final amount you can get out of it Tuned ears and patience and exploratory digging will be the order of the day.. the Batt's just LIVEN things up some...

And over time you'll see the extra spark will talk to you more if your listening..

Keith

“I don't care that they stole my idea . . I care that they don't have any of their own”
-Nikola Tesla

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/31/2015 02:38AM by Keith Southern.
Hey Keith--there you are!! grinning smiley
July 31, 2015 01:44AM
I got some pretty good answers to my Tejon batteries question.----I'm sure I'll never get anywhere close to the level of expertise you (or some others) have on this machine---but---I'm really having a blast running/learning it so far---I love it!------I've been so far using Everyready alkalines in it because they are easily acquired in my area.-----I'm sure I will try some of the mentioned batteries eventually in it as I can come on them.-----Thanks again EVERYBODY for your responses.---------Del
Re: Hey Keith--there you are!! grinning smiley
July 31, 2015 02:40AM
I hope you find a gold coin with your Tejon Del...!!!!Wouldnt that be great!!!

They are fun to run.. old school feel with some excellent affinity to low conductors in adn around iron...

Deep too set up right...takes well to off-setting the ground bal. in harsh mineral like the Euros do...

Keith

“I don't care that they stole my idea . . I care that they don't have any of their own”
-Nikola Tesla