Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Makro took care of coil issues.

Posted by basstrackerman 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Re: Makro refuses to warranty broke ears on my coil
July 29, 2015 03:11AM
Wow seems like you tightened them all too much. I noticed on all of mine they don't lock in place like some of my other units but hey this detector is so cool that I don't care the coils all work fine and seem to work fine I don't over tighten them because I can see them cracking like anything you over due

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

If you don’t dig it, then how are you going to know what you’re missing!
How can you have your pudding if you don’t eat your meat!
July 29, 2015 03:20AM
Prior to purchasing a detector I spent several months researching. In that time I don't believe that I found a single model or manufacturer that someone didn't post negative comments or experiences about. There were many posts about having to return pinpointers multiple times and yet they are still considered a great company with a great product.

It seems to me that Makro has addressed issues as they come up and while we can sit here on the forums and guess as to how many negative issues they have, we have no idea as to the percentage of problems to actual product sales. There's always a margin of error to deal with.

If I were going to base purchasing decisions on a couple negative experiences of others, I would never buy anything. I for one have had no issues with my Racer; it performs flawlessly and I couldn't be happier. I don't have a large selection of detectors and have no prior brand loyalty. I made the choice I did basesd on all the available information at the time, positive as well as negative and I believe I made the best choice for me. Makro delivered what they advertised in my experience and this is the first time I've heard of them denying a complaint...after previously replacing multiple coils for this person already.
July 29, 2015 03:22AM
Hey lowboy i didnt over tighten.. Understand that! Ive been doing this a long time and im not stupid. I know when you cling onto something then its the holy grail.. Get over yourself.. My coils and bolts broke because there is a problem with the plastic. Plain and simple. Ive been able to detect for almost 40 years without a broken coil now 3 broken coils. . 2 of my coil bolts broke before the nut touched the coil ear.. They were hard to turn, didnt spin freely on the bolt and it broke about 3-4 threads before even close to being tight.. So dont be a smartass.. We need the issues resolved , not a fight started..
July 29, 2015 03:29AM
I've used these for quite a while on different detectors to give some friction to the attaching point. They work well on the Racer. .71 cents at Home Depot. I know you shouldn't have to, but several machines scared me at the amount of force it took to keep the coil stable.

Detectors used
Nokta FoRs CoRe, Makro R1, Makro R2X2, ETrac, 3030, Compadre, several others.
Obama put this country in the toilet, vote for Hilderbeast and she'll pull the handle
July 29, 2015 03:31AM
Follow the beep i also did research before i bought..i seen the coil issues and still chose to buy..i love how the unit works and how good it finds goodies. What im not impressed with is the denial on warranty service. Yes 2 coils were already replaced and this new 11x7 coil has alot thicker ears so that shows they changed them to be stronger.. But they also said the plastic was brittle from a shipment of bad plastic they received.. Well plastic if made right is very hard to break. This stuff is very easy to break.. Not my fault. I dont care what the fanboy says. I dont and have never over tightened my coil bolts. Period.
July 29, 2015 03:40AM
Trackerman you need to mellow out the way you are becoming uptight maybe the problem you are having with your detecotor too much stress dude chill

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

If you don’t dig it, then how are you going to know what you’re missing!
How can you have your pudding if you don’t eat your meat!
July 29, 2015 03:57AM
Im fine lowboy. Maybe you should not think you know everything.. And not accuse me of over tightening my coil bolts. Lmao
July 29, 2015 06:14AM
Buying a new detector within a few months of release increases the odds of having repair issues, no matter how good the detector. "First on the block" often morphs into "beta tester."

No doubt Makro will get the Racer coil issues resolved at some point.

Most of what I've read about Makro service has been good.

Bill, I hope you get your issues resolved, it sounds like you've had more problems than anyone should have to go through with a detector.

I brought this up on another forum you posted on, but it bears repeating. Have you contacted your dealer to ask for his help in dealing with the manufacturer? If not, it would probably be worth doing so.

And if your dealer is unwilling or claims there's nothing he can do that you can't, time to find another dealer.
July 29, 2015 10:23AM
Hello all! I would like to clarify a few things:

The ear breakage on the 10X5.5'' coil on this thread is the first reported case and considering the fact that we have shipped thousands of these coils so far, it was considered as a single isolated issue by the Makro team. I cannot comment on why it was viewed as user fault without looking more into it but I confirm here that Makro team will be contacting this customer to replace his coil.

I would like to emphasize that we are a very transparent and honest company and when we have an issue ,we do not try to hide it or close our ears to customer complaints but rather be open about it and do whatever it takes to fix it and make our customers feel that they can trust us.

We did announce that we had issues with the 11'' coils and the bolts of the first few shipments and so far replaced each and every single coil that was reported to us. When the initial few failures were reported, Makro and its dealers sent replacements to customers right away to make the customers happy. Some replacement coils sent to them also failed because either the problem had not surfaced yet so we were not aware that we were sending faulty coils or it was very hard to track stocks of dealers and what was being sent to customers so some replacement coils sent to customers were not the updated ones. As a result, a few customers experienced the issue more than once.

We are not perfect just like no other manufacturer within this industry or others is but we are open, sincere and responsible.
Once again, we apologize to each and every single customer who had an issue with the Racer coils and we are here should you need any assistance.

Thank you!

Dilek
July 29, 2015 10:51AM
They wouldnt be the only company that calls it a user problem. ML did that to me. I had a split coil.... which they replaced under warranty. 3 mos. later i had coil ear wear that was really bad because of the soft lower rod and small rubbers they use. Bottom line was they wouldnt consider replacing it ....... because i didnt COMPLETELY disassemble the detector EVERY TIME.... and its at their discression i was told....... oh not to mention i was told i hunt to much lol. That one i still get a chuckle out of.... especially since it came from a customer service guy that obviously didnt detect.
July 29, 2015 11:13AM
I guess I wouldn't immediately jump to "user error" when you have a huge history of coil ear problems. And I don't know how one would determine if it was user error or faulty materials. I don't really know how any coil ear breakage could be user error. They shouldn't break.
July 29, 2015 12:17PM
Jack Flynn Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I've used these for quite a while on different
> detectors to give some friction to the attaching
> point. They work well on the Racer. .71 cents at
> Home Depot. I know you shouldn't have to, but
> several machines scared me at the amount of force
> it took to keep the coil stable.
> [i29.photobucket.com]
> obile%20Uploads/20150728_231943_zpsmb7j9yg6.jpg

That's probably a heck of a good idea.
July 29, 2015 12:28PM
basstrackerman Wrote:
> Follow the beep i also did research before i
> bought..i seen the coil issues and still chose to
> buy..i love how the unit works and how good it
> finds goodies. What im not impressed with is the
> denial on warranty service. Yes 2 coils were
> already replaced and this new 11x7 coil has alot
> thicker ears so that shows they changed them to be
> stronger.. But they also said the plastic was
> brittle from a shipment of bad plastic they
> received.. Well plastic if made right is very hard
> to break. This stuff is very easy to break.. Not
> my fault. I dont care what the fanboy says. I dont
> and have never over tightened my coil bolts.
> Period.

I would suggest, strongly that is, that you consider Jack's suggestion. On the other hand, your lower rod tip may be too narrow? Get some solid bolts, too.
July 29, 2015 12:40PM
The ear breakage on the 10X5.5'' coil on this thread is the first reported case and considering the fact that we have shipped thousands of these coils so far, it was considered as a single isolated issue by the Makro team. I cannot comment on why it was viewed as user fault without looking more into it but I confirm here that Makro team will be contacting this customer to replace his coil.

Look on the findmall forum as there are a couple more 5.5x10 coils with broken ears..
July 29, 2015 12:40PM
Hello again... we checked more into the first reported case of ear breakage on the 10X5.5'' coil.
When we first realized the ear breakages on the 11X7'' coils, we stopped the production of all coils including the 10X5.5'' ones which were not shipping in volume at the time because it was an optional coil.
A total of 35 10X5.5'' coils were shipped before we stopped production. This number is very small and should not create a general concern.
Should you have more questions, please do not hesitate to contact us.

PS. Basstrackerman's coil will be replaced. I am sure the Makro team contacted him already.
July 29, 2015 12:46PM
I've used the washers for friction on quite a few machines, use them as spacers or just for friction. If they are too thick I just put one on the tip of my finger and rub on andpaper to thin them up slightly until a perfect fit. Works great on detectors that the washers have taken a form from being connected to the shaft so long.
July 29, 2015 01:27PM
Well done, Dilek!

My guess is that those who are having problems are the users who are regularly removing the coil from the lower rod.

The majority of users probably don't do that, especially with Makro providing an extra lower rod with optional coils.

Thus the plastic integrity issue is still there, but will take longer to surface, if at all, with those who never remove the coif from the lower rod. Anyone removing the coils from the lower rod I think would be well advised to use rubber washers like Jack Flynn suggests.

Regardless of how this may have initially played out, Makro is making this right and communicating transparently about the situation. Kudos to them for that.
July 29, 2015 01:28PM
Thanks nokta/makro for stepping up.. Glad dealers wont be responsible for cost of replacing coils.. I wasnt happy in your first email at all.. Ive never had any company blame me for breaking anything that there were known issues with...
July 29, 2015 01:39PM
Why is Dilek the only one who gets things acomplished there? Its great she does, and she is certainly an asset to the company, but what about the customers that do not use the forums?
July 29, 2015 03:52PM
I've had a lot of dealings with the First Texas and their RMA dept on various machines and issues, and you want to talk about inconsistent service...

No company is exempt from service inconsistencies....I suspect a quick email to Dilek in the beginning would have rectified the situation eye rolling smiley
July 29, 2015 04:13PM
Cal_cobra Wrote:
> I've had a lot of dealings with the First Texas
> and their RMA dept on various machines and issues,
> and you want to talk about inconsistent
> service...
>
> No company is exempt from service
> inconsistencies....I suspect a quick email to
> Dilek in the beginning would have rectified the
> situation eye rolling smiley

Another assumption.. I did private message her and was referred to makro which emailed me.. And i do know other companies have some similar issues.. But thats another story.. We talk about them as they come up, we dont need to talk about other companies issues in the middle of this to even the score.. 1 at a time please..
July 29, 2015 04:27PM
basstrackerman Wrote:
> Cal_cobra Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > I've had a lot of dealings with the First Texas
> > and their RMA dept on various machines and
> issues,
> > and you want to talk about inconsistent
> > service...
> >
> > No company is exempt from service
> > inconsistencies....I suspect a quick email to
> > Dilek in the beginning would have rectified the
> > situation eye rolling smiley
>

> Another assumption.. I did private message her and
> was referred to makro which emailed me.. And i
> do know other companies have some similar issues..
> But thats another story.. We talk about them as
> they come up, we dont need to talk about other
> companies issues in the middle of this to even the
> score.. 1 at a time please..

As long as you got what you needed, that's what counts...now we can move on.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/29/2015 04:28PM by Cal_cobra.
July 29, 2015 04:55PM
Thanks.. This was for everyone that owns makro products. So we all know where we stand when an issue arises
July 29, 2015 05:45PM
Glad that's settled !
July 29, 2015 07:29PM
I see error on both sides on this coil issue, Instead of Makro refusing to offer a coil replacement Marko should have at least offered to inspect the coil. Then, Based from the inspection off a solution whether it be a free replacement or as they offered earlier a coil purchase with free shipping.

I see allot of people copying and pasting email conversations that need not be shared, Before posting Makro's response on the internet for all to view I feel another attempt to get a replacement coil should have been made. That's how I would have handled it, Makro deserves it with how they handle customer service.

That's my take on the subject, Especially copying and pasting email/PM information without others consent.

I've never owned a Racer, But will in the future.

All the best,
Paul

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/29/2015 07:34PM by Old California.
July 29, 2015 07:55PM
Old cal... Thats you not me... End of story.
July 29, 2015 09:23PM
The problem was solved from the very beginning when YOUR DEALER offered to change out your coil

Thats what they are there for is it not?

As far as I am concerned to sir with respect - Just because you have many years of experience under your belt does not IMO strengthen your case - Many 30+ years experience people bad mouthed the Racer from the very beginning so you would think with all that experience they could tell the difference between a good detector and a bad one eh?

Personally I believe you are getting some milage out of this issue for goodness knows what reason however it does not change the fact that your problem could have been easily resolved without resorting to the forums if you listened to your dealer - I suppose you wont be buying First Texas products or Minelab gear as they have recently experieced similar problems without informing their customers of the pending issues - Leaky Coils - Breaking Coil Ears - Dodgy 'O' Ring etc etc
July 29, 2015 10:17PM
Agreed! I don't own the Racer but from what I have seen online their customer service/ product development has been second to none in the detector industry!

rustic charm Wrote:
> The problem was solved from the very beginning
> when YOUR DEALER offered to change out your coil
>
> Thats what they are there for is it not?
>
>
> As far as I am concerned to sir with respect -
> Just because you have many years of experience
> under your belt does not IMO strengthen your case
> - Many 30+ years experience people bad mouthed the
> Racer from the very beginning so you would think
> with all that experience they could tell the
> difference between a good detector and a bad one
> eh?
>
> Personally I believe you are getting some milage
> out of this issue for goodness knows what reason
> however it does not change the fact that your
> problem could have been easily resolved without
> resorting to the forums if you listened to your
> dealer - I suppose you wont be buying First Texas
> products or Minelab gear as they have recently
> experieced similar problems without informing
> their customers of the pending issues - Leaky
> Coils - Breaking Coil Ears - Dodgy 'O' Ring etc
> etc
July 29, 2015 10:53PM
The problem was solved from the very beginning when YOUR DEALER offered to change out your coil

Well this was not the case.. I was already dealing with the manufacturer on another issue when this one showed its face.. Makro says send a pic so i did and makro then said coil ears breaking was my fault.. But we all know the coil ears have been snapping off a bunch of their coils and they admitted to a manufacturing issue with plastic.. Then they said it was my fault coil ear fell off in my hand when removing from lower rod.. And offered to sell me another at $139.00. Im sure you would have been a sweetheart about it.. But i wasnt. We are two diff people and i dont like being told im at fault for something me and everyone else knows was a coil issue.. Again we dont need to bring up other companies as those are separate issues and this was or will be taken care of. ..
July 30, 2015 12:02AM
basstrackerman Wrote:
> Thanks.. This was for everyone that owns makro
> products. So we all know where we stand when an
> issue arises

So you did this for everyone? Hmmmm OK.