Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

F75 LTD question re: Processes & motion A.M.

Posted by Gary in Daytona 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
F75 LTD question re: Processes & motion A.M.
August 31, 2010 08:09PM
I've become somewhat confused after reading through the LTD manual and some posts on other forums. They state the "Process Number" settings, such as bP or CL, are 'honored' or used when you switch the detector into motion all-metal, usually in 'less noise, and slower response speed'.

Usually motion all-metal is just that - a completely separate mode independent of other settings. But from what I've read, the LTD utilizes this setting (and possible some others?) when you switch to the all-metal mode.

I admit I'm somewhat new to this machine, but personally, I've not heard much difference when I change the processes and return to motion all-metal. Have any of you noticed a marked difference when switching these modes in motion all-metal? And would the functionality of each mode be identical in either mode?

Lastly, if you're going after very deep targets (which is most of the time), under what conditions would you NOT want to use bP or CL in motion all-metal, and where would you set it - dE or does it matter? TIA.
Re: F75 LTD question re: Processes & motion A.M.
September 01, 2010 12:04AM
If you invoke the 'bp' mode (or the 'cl' mode).............then you switch over to all-metal mode; you will then be in all-metal mode WITH the 'bp' (boost process) clock timing speed (additional 'snap-shot' analyzation). Yes, if conditions allow (which should be MOST of the time) you will ascertain greater depths along with better ID's on the VDI screen.

There are VERY few situations where you would NOT want to be in the 'bp' mode. Excessive EMI is one of them.
September 01, 2010 12:36AM
Do the process all work in both DISC and ALL Metals??? Or just one mode?
September 01, 2010 05:27PM
They work in all modes on the F75.
September 02, 2010 03:51PM
Thanks Tom, that confirms what I thought the manual and others were saying. What about the frequencies adjustment? Does that setting make any difference when considering soil conditions, or just beneficial in eliminating EMI or crosstalk?
September 02, 2010 07:19PM
The F1 - F7 freqs are so minute'......they make absolutely no difference/performance change as far as dirt is concerned. Strictly for EMI mitigation only.