Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Makro CF77

Posted by TabDad 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Makro CF77
July 31, 2015 12:29AM
Hey guys, I noticed there is quite a few Makro users on here, I was curious about the CF77 as it is a 3 tone machine and runs at 17.5 kHz which is right up my alley. You don't see a lot of reviews or info on them, seems like it would be a very good coin and jewelry getter, any thoughts?
Re: Makro CF77
July 31, 2015 12:54AM
I have one, haven't used it much, the tones are to close together for my ears. Next time I use it, I'm going to tape a nickel to my shoe so I can figure out if it is a mid tone or high tone....lol
July 31, 2015 01:35AM
Mine airtest to the moon.. but once it hit the dirt it was not that great in depth but i have a lto fo mineral.....and yes the tones are way too close...

I would opt for a CoRe with large oversized coil if you want good depth using one of those brands..

Keith

“I don't care that they stole my idea . . I care that they don't have any of their own”
-Nikola Tesla
July 31, 2015 12:11PM
I had the opportunity to try one out that another Detectorist owned at a saltwater beach in the dry sand and compare to my Excallibur II. I was not impressed with the depth that it got on good targets. Only did about 30 minutes of testing and trying different settings, but that was enough as the owner had lots of hours on the machine and could not dial in any better results on deeper targets. Maybe just not a hot coil on that particular machine.
July 31, 2015 12:49PM
Thanks for the replies. I found a few videos and I agree that the tones are way to close and it seemed very unstable when sens was turned up past 7.
August 01, 2015 01:33AM
I have one....... and it does seem to lack depth. Most 'professional' package; however.
August 01, 2015 02:01AM
Older gent on FM named Cedarswamp obtained the one I had I got from Keith from me. He took to it like a like a cat on a rat and opened back up places he has been hunting for years. He loves the two tone and digs some deep stuff with it. He's a coin hunter and whatever else happens to get under the coil.