Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Rumors

Posted by Bflo 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Rumors
August 05, 2015 02:10AM
To hot to dig much. Wish there were some good rumors about new machines technology tips/ something to break this heat. Anybody heard anything?
Re: Rumors
August 05, 2015 03:34AM
Great price on mew gpx4500. Racer gold should be out sometime soon, I would think. We need to torture Mr. Southern for info, haha.
August 05, 2015 04:18AM
Rumor has it Minelabs are expensive!----Anything to that????
August 05, 2015 05:42AM
Heard there's an Omega 8500 coming to a dealer near you in the future >grinning smiley<
August 05, 2015 07:16AM
1st version of the F44 is now out - I might wait a month or two for version 4 of the same machine -
August 05, 2015 11:43AM
Tesoro Cazador is being produced by aliens using alien technology. Unfortunatly they can't speak English and or get things right using a translator.
They need to look at some other country like--China.

DeepTech Vista X with 3 search coils.
Works for me
August 05, 2015 04:22PM
Is Tesoro coming out with a new top end detector? I've seen several mentions of it. I've never owned a Tesoro but have been interested in the Cortez and vequaro.
August 05, 2015 05:24PM
Maybe "hopefully" a waterproof multi-freq machine from XP?
And I have a feeling minelab is going to upgrade the excalibur soon as they stopped making the 8" coil version and just have the 10" one now.

John
August 06, 2015 03:03AM
D&P-OR Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Rumor has it Minelabs are expensive!----Anything
> to that????

Del-LOL!!!! Maybe...smiling smiley
August 06, 2015 03:53AM
A 20 khz Makro Racer would be nice to try, if there was such a thing. It would be awesome on cuff buttons and small brass relics. Need higher frequency (between 19 and 15 khz) plus depth. And at a good mid-point price. I really think that it would be nice.
August 06, 2015 04:41AM
I heard that Makro can't fix broken ears .... I read it somewhere drinking smiley
August 06, 2015 05:45AM
D&P-OR Wrote:
> Rumor has it Minelabs are expensive!----Anything
> to that????

know people who tried to negotiate minelab "stock" be thrown in
with purchase! may be somethin' to that!

(h.h.!)
j.t.
August 06, 2015 03:29PM
I would think that someone is going to come out with a new flagship we seem to need a new fix about every year or so..but the US is just not taking a big step forward just revamping older machines well that seems to be what fisher is doing..doesn't matter if you learn the machine you have and no what it can do then maybe a new machine is not going to be a game changer for some of us.

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

If you don’t dig it, then how are you going to know what you’re missing!
How can you have your pudding if you don’t eat your meat!
August 06, 2015 03:37PM
Punctuation, spelling and grammar are so overrated.
August 06, 2015 04:56PM
Crosby Wrote:
> Punctuation, spelling and grammar are so
> overrated.

grinning smiley That's the BEST statement yet!!!!!!!!!winking smiley
August 06, 2015 06:30PM
If I were a business owner and looked at the numbers in detector sales and the demographic for the hobby, I would be hesitant in giving the green light to spend dollars for R&D on anything new. The reason can be found in threads on this very forum:

1. The age demographic of this hobby is filled with those who stastically, wont be around much longer.

2. There isn't an outreach to recruit new people into the hobby. In fact, it is the opposite. I think there were several comments made like "the fewer hunters there are, the better off we are". With that mentality, you wont see many new machines put on the market.

In other words...I'm afraid the reality is, this is a dying hobby. And unless there is something to trigger an interest in newbies to the hobby, it will be gone. I believe it is a sinking ship, and while those on board point fingers at reasons why, they fail to recognize that some of the holes were made from within.
August 06, 2015 06:39PM
Someone is working on a gamma ray detector. Basically, a pulsed beam of gamma rays is directed at the ground. This excites electrons into higher energy shells. The detector measures the decay time and from that it can deduce the composition of what elements are on the ground. Discrimination works in a manner similar to today's detectors, basically, decay times shorter than a programmed delay time (relative to the transmitted beam) are discriminated out.

Sounds like science fiction right? Well, the company I worked for many years ago, Schlumberger, had such a tool. They would lower the tool into an oil well and based on the decay times, they could tell the presence of different types of hydrocarbons. Each hydrocarbon type has a characteristic decay time. Detection distance was limited by the energy of the gamma ray beam and noise.

Any married man should forget his mistakes - there's no point in two people remembering the same thing...
August 06, 2015 10:31PM
Tesoro Cazador--read on another forum:

"Guess you haven't heard, some one accidentally deleted all the computer files and schematics needed to produce the Cazador or they have been hacked and stole it all. They are investigating. I will be watching Ailibaba for any new detectors.............."

DeepTech Vista X with 3 search coils.
Works for me
August 07, 2015 12:28AM
The big detecting store in Florida (KC) dropped the price on the Xterra 705 $200.00. Now selling for $600.00. Wonder if Minelab is working on a new detector.....???

WAS $729 .00

NOW ONLY $ 600 .00

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/07/2015 12:31AM by EPL II.
August 07, 2015 03:49AM
Im no math whiz, but I come up with $129, not $200. Just bustin ya.

For Daniel, its my perspective that the international market is growing...
August 07, 2015 04:13AM
In a perfect world,sensibilities on all sides would be more pronounced,as in...

Detectorists would not break any rules and take care of properties

The gubmint wouldn't have so many rules to follow

Landowners could trust a complete stranger to "do the right thing"...whatever that may be

Companies would make bomb prof machines- the kind you can wrap around a tree and it gives a proper signal on the arm cuff

Etc. etc....if the hobby is dying,so be it. If the people who already do it can at least attempt to pass it on to someone they know,it will at least be stable in numbers. Because of the reduced/dwindling use of raw change,there will be less to find...and the silver and gold becomes more of a specialty target. There has to be more work involved with getting permission or more skills developed in order to reach the coins in public places. I have NO doubt there are millions of silver coins in the ground in the U.S. Whether or not current technology can reach them or sniff them out waits to be seen. I heard tens of millions...but that's just a rumor.
August 07, 2015 10:00AM
Cal_cobra Wrote:
> I heard that Makro can't fix broken ears .... I
> read it somewhere drinking smiley

Ears are often useful if they are used - broke ears can be fixed and thick ears can be applied lol
August 07, 2015 12:20PM
I'll accept that bustin' lol you are right on. I suppose that $200 figure stuck in my head from the e-mail that I received from KC. I remember reading something to the effect of saving up to $200. It is a nice surprise to see some of the detectors coming down in price Now it makes buying even more tempting smiling smiley

deathray Wrote:
> Im no math whiz, but I come up with $129, not
> $200. Just bustin ya.
>
> For Daniel, its my perspective that the
> international market is growing...
August 07, 2015 06:10PM
Thanks for taking my ribbing in stride buddy. I think the stronger dollar may be helping.
August 07, 2015 09:20PM
I can openly admit when I screw up lol. As far as the stronger dollar, personally, I think it is a bunch of smoke and mirrors. Hope I am wrong but got a gut feelin'.... do not want to get off topic so I shall stop there. I wish I heard a rumor around minelab coming out with a new generation, lightweight sovereign built and setup like the xterra. Oh one can only wish....

deathray Wrote:
> Thanks for taking my ribbing in stride buddy. I
> think the stronger dollar may be helping.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/07/2015 09:20PM by EPL II.