Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

My new (GC-1023) detector - video of the performance in iron

Posted by x2000 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
My new (GC-1023) detector - video of the performance in iron
August 15, 2015 03:50PM
I bought a new metal detector (the GC-1023) and tested it in the woods. I uploaded 2 videos and thought, that it may interest some of you (on this forum). If not, that's OK.
My hunt starts slowly, I'm learning this machine during the recording. The amount of iron increases more and more as the hunt continues. I'm using All-Metal mode first (and switch between All-Metal and 2-Tones if something appears). Later it's 2-Tone only because of the amount of iron.

"Warning" - this video is "long" and contains "metal detecting". If you only want to see targets on top of a plug (without the "annoying" detecting part), don't even click on it.

Part 1: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KIInKXi-4RY
Part 2:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wMTyd9Kt2fs
"Unboxing" video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9DgteTCwoEE

Few screenshots with the "result" after this >3h hunt:

Iron: [fs1.directupload.net]
Trash: [fs1.directupload.net]
Other things: [fs2.directupload.net]
Coins: [fs2.directupload.net] (mostly from the WW2 era I believe - have to clean it)
Special find "A": [fs1.directupload.net]
Special find "B": [fs1.directupload.net]

I bought this detector for 70 Euro (new). It was pure fun.

HH
Re: My new (GC-1023) detector - video of the performance in iron
August 15, 2015 04:05PM
Looks to have some great seperation qualities goodness. Nice stuff you dug too! Thanks for the videos
August 15, 2015 05:41PM
I bought a GC 1023 several years ago for my grandkids it was about $60 then. It performed pretty good too, lasted about 6 months then went tits up, for about a $100 I could have bought a used Tesoro Compadre and that is what I did, it is the 7" model still going strong!
August 15, 2015 08:14PM
Had a gc 1023 several years ago, I believe the cost was about $60 like Hombre said. I'm not surprised to hear him say his bit the dust in about 6 months. Build quality was definitely cheap, and I remember the coil wire was thinner than standard. The meter was pretty much worthless as I recall.

But it actually was a decent performing detector for way less $ than other entry level machines.
August 15, 2015 08:32PM
N/T

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/15/2015 08:37PM by tracyjm.
August 16, 2015 06:59AM
Wow

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

If you don’t dig it, then how are you going to know what you’re missing!
How can you have your pudding if you don’t eat your meat!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/16/2015 03:02PM by Lawrenzo.
August 16, 2015 10:53AM
Nice finds.... Lots of history where you are digging....smileys with beer
August 16, 2015 09:02PM
What a fantastic and well put together review/hunt vidoes - Thank you so much for sharing

The product does not impress me as much as how well you have put this together - very professional

Thanks for sharing
August 18, 2015 07:12AM
@rustic charm

Oh, thank you. I'm glad you liked it.

@marcomo

Yes, the "target" meter is rather a peak level meter. They could have skipped it, make the control box housing smaller and save some costs winking smiley. I agree about the coil wire too. It is very thin (compared to other detectors). I'm hunting areas with lots of sharp rocks and plants with thorns right now. I have a bad feeling about this, but we will see. I had another (much more expensive detectors) that begun to fall apart already at this stage (in much milder environment)...

@Hombre

I wanted to buy a Compadre too. The only problem I had was the lack of 2-Tone mode. Unfortunately Disc alone is not enough for me (anymore). I like to hear at all time what the ground has to say...

@cadman

Thank you. Yes it has some history even when almost all finds at this particular place, were strangely "limited" to the relatively short WWII time period.

@Jack Flynn

Thank you. Yes the separation abilities are outstanding. The signals are "repeatable" and are not jumping wild in all directions like you would expect from a "cheap" detector. It is fun to use as a result (what is at least for me the most important thing in this hobby).

August 18, 2015 05:11PM
I just watched part 1 and enjoyed it. It's nice to watch a video and have the person in the video share a few things with you. Such as what controls are on that certain detector model, how they function, plus showing us your hunting style, your sweep speed, and then letting us hear each target and the recovery.
I don't care for the people who do a rather decent video, and then insert a lot of loud obnoxious music in it. Very well done. I like your volume control. But I can't find out who sells them? Jeff
August 20, 2015 09:28AM
Oh, thank you Jeff. I try to show what I would like to see, when I watch YT videos about "metal detecting". I like to see, how different detectors behave and how people are choosing their targets. Unfortunately almost every video is starting with the target on top of a plug... With a little bit of luck there is no music in the background... It amazes me, how much everyone is focusing on the finds. The way how the target was discovered seems (for the majority) not important (even on forums about MD, where you would think, people are sharing the same interest). This is the biggest mystery for me... I like to find something nice too, but it is only like a bonus (or like I stated in the 2nd part of this video a reward for my hunt). The actual detecting part is what keeps me going.

P.S. I'm thinking about starting to sell this volume control on Ebay... I could offer different colors.