Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

More JUNK Being Sold/Pushed off on the unsuspecting public

This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
More JUNK Being Sold/Pushed off on the unsuspecting public
August 15, 2015 05:32PM
Sold at a Gander Mountain near you!

Wonder how much they paid this guy for doing this video -- $50? lol

[www.youtube.com]
Re: More JUNK Being Sold/Pushed off on the unsuspecting public
August 15, 2015 05:55PM
SmellyCo sells them too, I don't get it, with all the great American brands they sell. Why would they sell Chinese crapola? must buy it pennies on the dollar, well they can eat them for all I care.
August 15, 2015 06:06PM
Do we know for a fact that it's crap? I believe it was advertized in W&E Treasure last month. I'm curious.
August 15, 2015 06:11PM
That's AWESOME that guy was able to find that adjustable pliers just below the surface! Wow! Either he has mad skills or that machine is WAY better than any of ours! Or both! And the kid slipping on the wrist watch,like it wasn't just sitting there...or in his hand. Aaaannnnnnnddddd....you have to sweep it an inch or two above the ground,if you sweep it on the ground it will spontaneously combust and they don't want a fire with toxic materials breaking out around the beach! Our beaches are polluted enough,Lord knows how those detectors got on shore here.

Of course,I don't own one or my opinion may vary...smiling smiley
August 15, 2015 08:27PM
ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZdrinking smiley

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

If you don’t dig it, then how are you going to know what you’re missing!
How can you have your pudding if you don’t eat your meat!
August 16, 2015 09:24AM
Harsh critics around here -

I will just rush out and get a CTX3030 for my 7yr old daughter

Happy now? lol
August 16, 2015 10:39AM
rustic charm Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Harsh critics around here -
>
> I will just rush out and get a CTX3030 for my 7yr
> old daughter
>
> Happy now? lol

That's actually a very good point,if I didn't know that my child was going to like something or not I wouldn't want to break the bank to find out. I suppose they do have they're place. However,me personally....I'd go buy a used Whites for my kid,and I did. It wound up he doesn't go much but I still have a machine I can resell or use. I'm not positive the same could be said for the one being advertised in the video from the OP.
August 16, 2015 06:31PM
Rustic LOVES his Chinese crap!!
August 16, 2015 08:14PM
Yes I do - so does First Texas

I love my X-Pointer = no falsing
I love my GoldFinder2's = same as original T2 for $150 & you get some matching UR30's to boot
I look forward to more Chinese crap in the near future

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/16/2015 08:18PM by rustic charm.
August 17, 2015 01:29AM
Here you go OP - Its now fashionable for the American market -
[www.youtube.com]

Might be the paint job me thinks winking smiley
August 17, 2015 01:42AM
rustic charm Wrote:
> Here you go OP - Its now fashionable for the
> American market -
> [www.youtube.com]
>
> Might be the paint job me thinks winking smiley

Another one that deserves the Japanese motorcycle test and IF it survives then it's a keeper...

What is that you ask!? = throw it off a 1000 ft cliff and it it survives the crash = "keeper"!
August 17, 2015 04:40AM
Speakin of motorcycles - isnt the legendary Harley Davidson making parts in China now?
August 17, 2015 01:35PM
rustic charm Wrote:
> Harsh critics around here -
>
> I will just rush out and get a CTX3030 for my 7yr
> old daughter
>
> Happy now? lol

Not unless you buy her the Minelab harness to go along with it for something like $129. My advice would be to just get her a starter XP Deus as its very light and easy to swing. cool smiley
August 17, 2015 02:01PM
Chinese food is pretty good too...or at least the American Chinese food is. General Tso's chicken is one of my favorites. And those oriental gals ain't so bad on the eyes to look at either.
August 17, 2015 02:02PM
Hey RC,

Not sure what you mean about FT loving Chinese crap, they do have one or two $40 BH models built in China but the rest is built in El,Paso.

As far as,your Chicom detector being the same as a T2, you'r right, they copied the T2 EPROMs. Nice little thieves.

Someday there will be detectors designed and built in China which are Worth considering because they are neither crap or rip offs. I dipon't believe that day had come.

Rick Kempf
Gold Canyon AZ- where there is no gold

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/17/2015 02:04PM by lytle78.
August 17, 2015 08:31PM
Can you name the two Bounty Hunters they make in China? - from what I was told they are Bounty Hunters biggest sellers & why would they stop at just two of their models being made there? - Do they tell their customers that those models are Made in China?
Its my opinion that there is a lot more than meets the eye with not only First Texas products but Garrett as well - Are they being completely honest with their customers as to where their products are made?

Sure I am leaving myself wide open for the perverbial kick in the butt from you guys but this has had me looking into things a whole lot more over the years and my findings from testing the GF2's and other units from the same factory has me convinced all is NOT as it appears -

Another reason the Chinese also have had traction pushing these (rebranded) detectors out onto the market is simply because they WILL sell to anyone worldwide whilst the US has stopped that process as it was their way of combating counterfeit/fake equipment. In reality its just made it harder for anyone outside of the USA to get the US made gear. In todays age of internet shopping that has to be one of the dumbest idea's yet.

No we wont sell you an authentic US made detector but China will sell you the same, with a different name, for chump change - Oh & their after sales service is exceptional. I am joking right? No, a friend of my who fortunately had a T2 fell and broke the PinPoint/GB toggle switch - Teknetics insisted the entire unit was boxed up and sent back to the USA to be repaired as they would not sell the toggle switch to us by itself. That was economically not viable because of the shipping costs both ways. Now I contacted a factory in China (GF2) and they posted it out the toggle switch & all we had to pay for is the shipping.

Again, asides from the money thing, why on earth do the US manufacturers make things harder than they should?

Well there is my rant & believe you me I am not anti American products - Far from it, however I understand how lucky you guys in the USA are by having so many options - Frankly, I am envious but I believe that international buyers are looking for more than just a great detector - They want the after sales service that will work in with their needs and NOT be a liability. Unbelievably, China's after sales service works a little better that what I have experienced out of the FT stable. In saying that I keep reading on different forums on how well FT service actually is. Perhaps it is for the locals but the few times I have contacted them by email (never a reply) or by phone, I get the distinct impression that they couldnt give two hoots when you tell them where you are from.

Asides from my bitching guys ....... Dave J's a god to me - Garrett & Tesoro service RoCk & Makro/Nokta are just outright awesome

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/18/2015 03:53AM by rustic charm.
August 17, 2015 09:13PM
Daniel Tn Wrote:
> Chinese food is pretty good too...or at least the
> American Chinese food is. General Tso's chicken is
> one of my favorites. And those oriental gals ain't
> so bad on the eyes to look at either.

Prefer Mexican food myself...but LOVE all flavors of women. Dated a Vietnamese gal.
August 17, 2015 10:15PM
I always heard oriental women had trouble going down slipper slidessmiling smiley
August 18, 2015 04:36AM
RC - you raise a lot of interesting points about support.

I'll get back to that in a minute. Meanwhile on the subject of which Bounty Hunters are made in China.

Since you state that Dave J. (AKA Dave Johnson Chief Designer at First Texas) is someone you respect, I'm pasting in this text from a post he made on Treasurenet on 08 Jul 14 under the name he uses there "Woof"

He's answering the same sort of question about FT product origins. The question was posted by someone going by the name of "sycotoad". This person lives in New Zealand and his writing style greatly resembles yours. Any connection?

Anyway, here's Dave's answer.

Originally Posted by sycotoad
Well Larry if you knew what you were talking about you would realize that the 'good cheap bounty hunters' you speak of are MADE IN CHINA

Like so much of corporate america's manufacturing these days -
There are two BH models designed in the USA and manufactured to our specifications under contract in China: the BH Junior and the new VLF. The BH Junior we also manufacture in El Paso depending on supply and demand. All other BH's are made in El Paso, as are all Teknetics and all Fishers.

--Dave J.

Here's the link, the post is #19 in the thread.

[www.treasurenet.com]

In another post on July 24th, 2013, Dave said the same thing and elaborated that the boxes are marked to show the country of manufacture. Here,s that link.

[www.treasurenet.com]

This sycotoad guy seems to have a bad memory. On Frirndly Forum in November 2013, he was on the same bone - BH's made in China. That time Bart of Big Boys Hobbies posted a response from Mike Scott, Marketing Director of FT. Here's that thread. it's post #17

[metaldetectingforum.com]

This topic of international service for US made detectors is significant however. Most U.S. Manufacturers will not ship internal replacement parts. Apparently your Chinese supplier of stolen T2 technology will do so. I think US manufacturers need to re-think their support practices for foreign customers. Relying in their national distributor/dealer network is not working in this age of cheap logistics.

Rick Kempf
August 18, 2015 05:46AM
Rick Kempf - Yes I am one of the same and do suffer memory problems (head injury) -

I cannot access FMDF at this stage -

Can you please explain this to me then - These guys are distributors for First Texas in the Ukraine
[metallodetektor.com.ua]

They order 100+ units from Chinese manufacturer so they can get whatever name they like on it
They only order the upper part only = control housing, upper 'S' shaft, arm cuffs etc

When they recieve them they fit them out with FT upper & lower shafts and a MDMars coil and sell them as Viking Metal Detectors which are in direct competition to the Teknetics T2's etc they are distributors for - FT have known about this for quite some time however it appears the company is still representing Fisher/Teknetics/Bounty Hunter ????

Now if that is allowed then how would you feel if a US reseller ordered 100+ units from China, banged their name on it and sold it in direct competition to the Teknetics products - Personally I would be pi$$ed, however it appears this particular company has the best of both worlds.

Ironically the PCB on both the GoldFinder2 & Vikings have Teknetics stamped on them yet there is no need for that to be on them as they are NOT being sold as T2's. Are they original PCB's??.

As you have pointed out - The GF2 & the original T2 are the same in performance and looks - I have no idea how much a T2 goes for in the US but the GF2 retails for around $150. If you order 100+ I would expect you could get them for well under $100 per unit. I am also positive that FT's manufacturing in the US couldnt match that price so given that and the fact that they have an already established manufacturing plant in China would it not make economical sense to get the majority of your gear made their under their guidelines?
The Bounty Hunters might be at the other end of the scale but are very important to FT non-the less as they are Bounty Hunters biggest sellers. A lot of responsibility to the Chinese manufacturer to get this right considering the amount needed to satisfy the market.
Now from what I also understand is the Teknetics T2 was one of the biggest selling VLF gold prospecting units outside of the USA at one stage and around the same time Minelab had announced they were to start manufacturing in Malaysia in order to keep up with their demand. It wasnt long after we started seeing counterfeit Minelabs being offered on Ali Baba. If memory serves me correct, I believe the fake T2's & GoldFinders were some of the first FT copies to hit the market after the Minelab copies.

Personally I believe there is more than those two Bounty Hunters detectors being made in China & from what I have seen in my research I am positive its not how many see it as a Chinaman stealing a design then copying it. Its more the design has been handed to them and they have exploited it.

In todays world there is no shame in getting your gear made in China - we see corporations from all over the world flocking there for their manufacturing however there is a huge difference in creating an illusion that your gear is made in one country when that is simply not true.

If I was running a corporation (God Forbid) and it was costing me $150 to produce something in the US, yet $75 in China I would not be doing my job if I did not get the maximum for my shareholders regardless of who's feelings I hurt. In todays world money comes first and I find it hard to believe a corporation that is intent on making money will stop at just two models being made in China. That just doesnt make cents.

No disrespect intended to you lytle78 or any other members
August 18, 2015 07:57AM
Unless Dave Johnson and Mike Scott are liars, your "disbelief" about where FT products are manufactured is groundless.

I have no information regarding the Ukranian company you refer to.

I do know that this is the authorized dealer shown on Teknetics and the Fisher website

Ukraine
D.A.S. Digital & Analog Systems
(+380) 44 486 9328
(+380) 44 490 6734
das@das.bezpeka.com
www.das.kiev.ua

Rick Kempf
August 18, 2015 04:57PM
English translation of Mars--Viking website https://translate.google.ca/translate?hl=en&sl=ru&u=http://metallodetektor.com.ua/metallodetektor-mars-md-viking.htm&prev=search

These are hot machines, in a few years these will be the latest and greatest you have ever used. Minelab is going to make copies......
https://translate.googleusercontent.com/translate_c?depth=1&hl=en&prev=search&rurl=translate.google.ca&sl=ru&u=http://ground-efx.com.ua/&usg=ALkJrhgWhtBO2zt_NDquECla4JD1hJVr3w

Paired up with the MARS coils, look out
You may laugh now......Keith needs to get a few to test. smileys with beer

DeepTech Vista X with 3 search coils.
Works for me
August 18, 2015 06:42PM
I was a bit rough with somebody above on this thread.

U.S. Manufacturers face a tough road as very low cost competitors from the less developed world at first steal technology,,then progressively learn to execute it on their own.

Companies like Apple find a way to crush the competition by offering an "ecosystem" and style profile which preserves their premium sales price while increasing market share.

Can Whites, Garrett and First Texas prosper in this changing world? I don't know, but I know that at least First Texas is trying their best.

If you are on Facebook, follow Mike Scott and Tim Mallory of FT. Their international travels will give you jet lag just reading about it.

American enterprise facing world competition head on - face to face kind of Texas Style.

Rick Kempf
August 18, 2015 08:17PM
lytle78 Wrote:
> Unless Dave Johnson and Mike Scott are liars, your
> "disbelief" about where FT products are
> manufactured is groundless.
>
> I have no information regarding the Ukranian
> company you refer to.
>
> I do know that this is the authorized dealer shown
> on Teknetics and the Fisher website
>
> Ukraine
> D.A.S. Digital & Analog Systems
> (+380) 44 486 9328
> (+380) 44 490 6734
> das@das.bezpeka.com
> www.das.kiev.ua

thanks for your response lytle78 & with respect, at no stage have I stated Dave J is a liar (he's a legend)

the information I refer to regarding the Ukraine company can be found by clicking the link provided - then you will see it for yourself

As for your next post -
"low cost competitors from the less developed world at first steal technology,,then progressively learn to execute it on their own"

I disagree - less developed?? - China have built cities to cater for the workers of western coporate manufacturing in China - they can also manufacture to purchasers standards and in bulk at low costs - hardly less developed - as for them stealing - what do you call an American who takes their products to China to get them made their? A Traitor or a Businessman?

GF2 + UR30 Headphones = $150usd
Viking + MDMars Coil = $500usd
T2 (Original) = $700usd
cost per 100 units = under $100 per unit

Who is it again that is stealing?

Finally - I do not care where the goods are made however I care about how well they are made, how they perform and how efficient their support is -

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/18/2015 09:19PM by rustic charm.
August 18, 2015 11:37PM
Since it was asked, one example of Stealing is copying a patent and selling it as if it was your own work.
Its particularly bad when you have been trusted by the patent owner to do some contract work for you.
I don't know anything about this in particular, but that's kind of the what I am getting out of this. Just sayin'....
August 19, 2015 03:46AM
I read what I had posted here and was dissatisfied with it. I have deleted it.

I have nothing further to add to this thread. It is old ground, well ploughed in the past.

Everybody should buy whatever pleases them and what their personal ethics allow.

Rick Kempf

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/19/2015 10:49AM by lytle78.