Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Anyone Tell Me about the White's Eagle

Posted by dirtmaster 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Anyone Tell Me about the White's Eagle
September 07, 2010 10:12PM
Can anyone tell me about the Wite's Eagle I or PROgrammable? What is your take on it Tom?
Re: Anyone Tell Me about the White's Eagle
September 08, 2010 02:10AM
That's one that I have never touched. I surmise it is built well; yet, do not know enough about it's performance to comment.....and can only speculate. Maybe someone else on this forum has experience with it.
September 08, 2010 02:37AM
Thanks Tom. I can get one with an upgraded chip pretty reasonable. I have a CZ3d as my main detector but was thinking about getting the Eagle as a backup. I used to own an Eagle Spectrum in the early 90s and White's are good detectors but I lean more towards the Fisher. They seem to fir my style better. I also like the depth of the CZ line. It seems Fisher is phasing the CZs out and that is a shame. I had a Garrett gta 550 I believe when I got back into detecting a couple of years ago but it discouraged me so bad I quit again. Then I happened up on a used White's XLT that looked new for 300 and I bought it. The man that had it said it was his father in law's and that he had passed away. He didnt know anything about detectors and he said he didnt think his father in law ever used it and the way it looked I believe him no scratches anywhere not even on the coil. It worked well but had a very steep learning curve too much for me really. Anyway I got layed off right before Christman 2 years ago and I sold it for 450 to buy my granddaughter that lives with us Christmas. Then when I got back on my feet last year I bought a CZ70 from a guy in my club and from that point I was sold on Fisher CZs. I read so much about the Teknetics line that I traded the CZ70 for an Omega. I loved the Omega but I felt I was missing something. I just didnt "feel" I was getting the same performance as I did with the 70. I finally happened up on a guy on Find's forum that was wanting to trade his newer CZ3d for an Omega and I traded him even steven and got a Fisher hard case to boot. So far I am still learning the CZ3d and so far I am ok with it. I am thinking the depth is a tad shallow for a CZ though. I may send it in for recalibration. But anyway I went around the world to say I am thinking of the Eagle as a 2nd detector.
September 08, 2010 12:23PM
Sometimes it's not a bad idea to have the exact same detector for a second/backup detector..............especially for parts swapping......should the need arise. Yes, White's are a very solid/reliable build quality.