Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Detecting Season is Over - at least for me Darn it

Posted by Bryannagirl 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Detecting Season is Over - at least for me Darn it
August 18, 2015 12:46PM
Well I just got back from my first vacation of the year and my Moms funeral in Colorado. The day before the funeral my son and his girlfriend along with my daughter husband and two grand kids went to Telluride Colorado. I had been using a borrowed XP Deus. - which I really like - wanted to see how it worked in gold country. Any way my son decided to ride some of the groomed mountain bike trails with his girlfriend. The stomped and ate with us at mountain village. My son persuaded me to ride the last section back down to telluride. - it was supposed to be the eraser leg. The trail we picked was called Juraasic. - we started down the trail which was pretty flat and cut across a steep slope. The trail was only about a foot wide.. We made it about 100 yards down the trail and stopped for a jogger and her dog. When started again I got a little wobbly and my front tire slipped of the downslope side of trail. I tried to catch my self but the slope was too steep. I fell downslope and struck gold (more like a rock). on the outside of my right leg. As a result I busted of the top of my tibia right at the knee cap. I was extracted from the mountain side and transported to Montrose Co - this was on Friday the 7th. I was cleared for transport home to Iowas on 11th. I had surgery yesterday and will no be allowed to bare any weight on my right leg for 3 months. So it will be Nov before I can swing again. I am in good spirits just bumed out my detecting and riding season are over.

I do like the Deus. I may be thinning the heard - to Deus and one other detector. Maybe.

Bryanna - Nebraska

Current - New to me but not new MXT Pro and T2 SE2 - Previous Minelab Sovereign GT, Minelab Safari, Whites DFX, Whites Eagle Spectrum
Smile its a good for you!
Re: Detecting Season is Over - at least for me Darn it
August 18, 2015 01:48PM
Lawdy that's not good! Hope you have a speedy recovery.
August 18, 2015 02:10PM
Can't let the young ones lead you, Bryanna........... They're invincible and think you are too.....little do the know.
Our brains don't know what out bodies can't do anymore....we learn the hard way, unfortunately. Hope you heal fast.
August 18, 2015 02:22PM
Sorry to hear of your injury. Although it could have been much worse. I hope you have a speedy recovery.
August 18, 2015 03:05PM
I'm sorrry to hear about your bad luck. I was down a with a broken arm a few years back. My sister and brotherinlaw have a vacation home in Telluride and have been trying to get me to come and stay there with them. I've never given metal detecting at Telluride a thouht until now. Heck, I might just go and visit with them.

tabman
August 18, 2015 03:31PM
Sorry about your loss and your encounter with crashing your bike...I have the deus but since I got the racer and the 5x10 coil I have used the racer all summer. In calif we hunt all year long. Waiting to see what the deus and it's update will bring would like a smaller coil but the racer is a great machine once you get the feel for it

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

If you don’t dig it, then how are you going to know what you’re missing!
How can you have your pudding if you don’t eat your meat!
August 18, 2015 03:53PM
Sorry about the loss of you mother, my condolences to both you and your family.

And your recent injury, that's terrible hope the pain is bearable hopefully you won't have issues after it's healed.

Hoping for a speedy recovery,
Paul
August 18, 2015 04:06PM
Condolences, Bryannagirl. So, you missed your mom's funeral laid up in the hospital?
Get well! That's the main thing. You have some good therapy waiting for you when you are ready.
Best wishes.

Wayne

Pleasant Garden, NC
AT Max, Nokta Impact, MX Sport, Nokta FORS Relic, GPX 4800, Infinium, Racer, Deus, F75SE, Nautilus DMC II (order of acquisition, last to first)

Does an archeologist argue with a plow? A bureaucrat with a bulldozer?
August 18, 2015 04:31PM
So sorry to learn of your injury! Prayers for comfort and speedy and complete recovery! Why there is talk of banning metal detecting and yet jogging and bike riding seem to get a free pass? It is a sign the end is nearing! Detect while you still can!

Past(or)Tom
Using a Legend, a Deus 2, an Equinox 800, a Tarsacci MDT 8000, & a few others...
with my beloved, fading Corgi, Sadie
August 18, 2015 04:39PM
Sorry to hear about your loss and your accident. Know about those trail bike accidents. Our youngest son has had more broken bones then I can count. Take it easy and get well. HH jim tn
August 18, 2015 08:15PM
WOW! That sucks! Sorry about your Mother as I still have mine,But lost my Father almost 3 years now. Good Luck.
August 18, 2015 08:30PM
Thanks everyone. - make very aware how important mobility is to enjoying your life - at least my life. I am ok. - I joked with my rescuers and realize it was an accident and it could of be worse. So I always try to look on bright side.

Lawrenzo I agree Racer is a good machine. I really like the Deus as well. And T2 is Great and what's not to like about the MXT. smiling smiley. I do think I will down size to one maybe two detectors that work best for where I hunt now. For me ergos are important which weight is a huge part. The XP sure is light weight and I also like no cords. The T2 and Racer are very similar regarding ergos and weight. The MXT is a beast. Compared to others. But really like the analog design.

Bryanna - Nebraska

Current - New to me but not new MXT Pro and T2 SE2 - Previous Minelab Sovereign GT, Minelab Safari, Whites DFX, Whites Eagle Spectrum
Smile its a good for you!
August 19, 2015 01:30AM
Oh man, sorry to hear that. Your a tough one! Heal fast.
August 19, 2015 02:02AM
So sorry to hear about all your misfortunes. I know you will heal faster than the Doctors expect. Maybe it's time for some research......
August 19, 2015 02:25AM
Unfortunate. You're supposed to tuck and roll.
August 19, 2015 02:49AM
Wish you a speedy recovery Bryanna.......
August 19, 2015 05:09AM
Get well SOON!
August 19, 2015 06:20AM
Sorry for your loss, my condolences to you and your family.

I broke my leg a few years ago and was also in non-weight bearing cast for three months. Good luck, that 90 days seems like an eternity, but at least it'll be off in time for the holidays.
August 19, 2015 05:50PM
Not sure if you got PM--check out" My Broken Leg" great folks and good info.Go to "discussions".
August 20, 2015 11:22AM
Sorry to hear that. Wishing you a speedy recovery.
August 20, 2015 06:08PM
Sorry to hear that. I pray for a speedy recovering.
Corey
August 20, 2015 07:38PM
Well that sucks. Sorry about you not being able to dig. Real bummer. Get better TIM
August 22, 2015 12:22AM
Sorry to hear about your misfortune Bryanna. I offer my condolences and well wishing for a speedy recovery.

John
August 22, 2015 04:05AM
Hate to hear that...

At least your still with us though..

I would say hope your out and about come the FALL.. but that does'nt sound right does it???... LOL..Just Kidding!!!

Sorry to hear about your Mother...Its Tough loosing your parents...Prayers for your family in this time of sorrow...

Keith

“I don't care that they stole my idea . . I care that they don't have any of their own”
-Nikola Tesla
August 22, 2015 08:20AM
Sorry to hear of your troubles, bikes are dangerous, the Wright Brothers figured that out and went into the airplane business instead!!

You might want to check out the new price on the T2 - a steal at $499 MSRP.

Rick Kempf
Gold Canyon AZ- where there is no gold
August 24, 2015 06:20AM
Hello Bryanna,

Sent you a PM,

Paul (Ca)
August 25, 2015 05:09AM
Sorry to hear of your misfortunes. Better times are ahead. Wishing you a fast recovery and a gold coin in your future...Stuart