Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Left my fisher in truck 3 days in 100 degree heat..

Posted by Tri 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Tri
Left my fisher in truck 3 days in 100 degree heat..
September 08, 2010 02:17PM
Oops, now am having probs with proper ground balancing, could leaving my detector in my truck for 3 days in the 100 degree heat be my reward for being such a ##@%$%#...........? Hope I'm not the only one.........?
Re: Left my fisher in truck 3 days in 100 degree heat..
September 08, 2010 03:24PM
Sure thing

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

If you don’t dig it, then how are you going to know what you’re missing!
How can you have your pudding if you don’t eat your meat!
September 09, 2010 06:21AM
i would venture to say it's running a temperature!
perhaps leaving it set in an air conditioned room for a few days might make it feel better!

(h.h!)
j.t.
September 09, 2010 04:59PM
That can sure do it!! Speaking of which, whenever I see someone getting a detector back from the service department and it's not working right, I have to wonder if the real problem isn't the shipper doing the same thing? I mean these do come out of El Paso, one of the hottest places in the country and the last time I checked, delivery trucks aren't air conditioned. I also wonder if some of the same sorts of problems folks report in the summer aren't due to the same thing you said you did? I know I did the same thing ONCE!!! Live and learn my friend.
Tri
September 09, 2010 07:20PM
BuckeyeBrad Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> That can sure do it!! Speaking of which, whenever
> I see someone getting a detector back from the
> service department and it's not working right, I
> have to wonder if the real problem isn't the
> shipper doing the same thing? I mean these do come
> out of El Paso, one of the hottest places in the
> country and the last time I checked, delivery
> trucks aren't air conditioned. I also wonder if
> some of the same sorts of problems folks report in
> the summer aren't due to the same thing you said
> you did? I know I did the same thing ONCE!!! Live
> and learn my friend.

Yes, live & learn, it still works, just the all metal ground balance is acting strange almost like the rheostat is bad, some like it hot, well mine don't.
Tri
September 09, 2010 09:08PM
I've been carrying detectors in my truck since I got it in 2003, multiple machines so I can hunt when I get a chance. It hasn't been a problem. Extended cab F-150 with tinted rear windows... maybe that helps but... no problems here.

J
September 10, 2010 10:48PM
Ive left cell phones and GPS units in cars all day long. Never a problem so far. Even at a 125 I would think it takes more than that to affect components unless already near point of failure. Vibration is worse. I carry mine all the time
September 11, 2010 01:33AM
I carry two in my suv all day long, driving or parked, and have never had a problem. They've not been in 100 degree heat for days on end, though. HH jim tn