Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

What do you think.

Posted by Lawrenzo 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
What do you think.
September 07, 2015 04:00AM
I was with the racer and deus out hunting. I had my video camera and wanted to see if both detectors could hit the same undug target. I get a overload on the racer so I know the target is shallow or very large. Take the deus and nothing. It was masked out. I tried all the stock programs nothing. Set disc to 0 nothing. Now if I remember correctly the racer will overload no matter how much or how little your disc is set to. This may only be set this way in two tone I think. So I dig the target and it's a silver dollar size rusted washer. But I was thinking what if it were a old rusted key or part of a gun or what ever. Why did the deus miss that and maybe that is a good thing??? I'm thinking it should be seen even at o dis or changing my recovery speed. I tried it all and kept the washer to test again with both detectors again. You thoughts?:

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

If you don’t dig it, then how are you going to know what you’re missing!
How can you have your pudding if you don’t eat your meat!
Re: What do you think.
September 07, 2015 04:21AM
I don't have either but I'd imagine the disc range on the Deus isn't complete,whether purposely that way or a setting isn't right. My machines can't get enough rusty washers...

DISCLAIMER!!! I may or may not know what I'm talking about....
September 07, 2015 04:26AM
I am not familiar with the Deus (or the Racer) but I know that with alot of the Tesoro detectors iron is discriminated out even with the disc. set to lowest disc. setting, all metal is a different story. Maybe the Deus knocks out iron with disc. set to minimum, all metal mode should see it, Just my thoughts.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/07/2015 04:29AM by SkiWhiz.
September 07, 2015 07:18AM
You did run program 10 all metal gold and still nothing? That one always seems to come through for me.

Past(or)Tom
Using a Legend, a Deus 2, an Equinox 800, a Tarsacci MDT 8000, & a few others...
with my beloved, fading Corgi, Sadie
September 07, 2015 01:37PM
You forgot to turn it on.
September 07, 2015 04:14PM
that's not necessary.

(h.h.!)
j.t.
September 07, 2015 05:13PM
Some iron will not report on the DEUS if the Ground Bal is not set to hear it.

Thats why some target's dissapear on the DEUS..lower the ground bal and they will come back..the DEUS Ground bal and Disc is linked and plus the freq span

Go on a site say with a F75 and listen to all the iron reprots then take the DEUS 19khz and set G.B. to 90 you wont hear all the iron like you did with the F75..use two tone on both units...now drop the ground bal on the deus say to 83.. the iron will really start reporting well...

Not that its invisible to the DEUS on certain ground bal settings it just does not report.the iron is still masking

Did you change freqs and not re gound bal??

that large iron washer is getting into the range between super high conductors and iron ..its wrapping...take 4 quarters stack them together and youll notice the machiine will not hit the stack on 18Khz....go down to 12 then 8 and its start trying to hit on 8..

the DEUS coil I feel is probably wound on 12khz...the freq change realigns the coil in a electronic manner for another freq and this changes the ground bal ranges...

put the DEUS on GMP 18khz mode and test targets.....get a standalone GMP that's built to 18KHZ and test same targets youll see the standalone GMP will report on some of the target's that the DEUS will not till you tweak on it freq wise and ground bal wise..

People talk about the DEUS not hitting coins on edge then others say they have no problem.. it will hit coins on edge bet it has to be set to usually the ground bal being offset..

Remember when the Gold Bug S.E. came out and I found out it would not hit silver and reported it to the factory...a dime was barely visible and a Dollar was non reporting....the reason I was told it could not report the silver was the techs on the assembly line did not know to set the internal ground bal point in disc mode to the new setting for the19khz freq...they just set it to what they had been setting the Omegas internal ground bal to.. the Omega was on 7.8khz and the setting of say 80 on the Omega hit silver well......But on the Gold Bug S.E. the same setting had the ground bal way mis-aligned and it was causing the high conductors to not report...

take the washer and play with your ground bal and see if it does not start reproting on the DEUS...I bet it will..try a ground bal of about 85...19khz....2 tone...

Keith

“I don't care that they stole my idea . . I care that they don't have any of their own”
-Nikola Tesla
September 07, 2015 07:18PM
deathray Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> You forgot to turn it on.

Now you tell mesmiling smiley
September 07, 2015 08:11PM
I believe the Deus has some preset discrimination build into them even with disc at zero, with maybe the exception of full tones.

This applies to the XP GMP as well, from testing certain ferrous will not respond.

However, the machines that can detect these same type ferrous pieces the Deus and XP GMP may also be more prone to fooling the user digging more ferrous trash.

My option and experiences with both Deus and XP GMP.

Paul

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/07/2015 08:12PM by Old California.
September 07, 2015 08:18PM
My Deus was able to detect a quarter, dime and nickel on edge both directions. Granted, from both directions the signal was not equal but it still detected them from both directions.

Paul
September 07, 2015 10:34PM
Old California Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> My Deus was able to detect a quarter, dime and
> nickel on edge both directions. Granted, from
> both directions the signal was not equal but it
> still detected them from both directions.
>
> Paul

Hi Paul,
..I was first aware of the Deus having problems with on edge coins by reading a post by Des D when he was testing the "Duice". I tried it with my friends XP Deus with his set-up and how he runs it (havn't a clue) what it was set at. Trying to be honest here, it would not report on a length wise sweep on a quarter on edge and the edge was in plain sight when placed in some metal free sand.

Randy
September 08, 2015 06:42AM
No problem Randy, to be honest sometimes the Deus can appear to not respond like it should. Can't quite remember what it did out in the field that appeared disappointing but then there's times it's a remarkable machinesmiling smiley

Take care,
Paul
September 08, 2015 03:20PM
Funny deathray didn't turn my machine on. I did I just didn't have batteries in itsmoking smiley

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

If you don’t dig it, then how are you going to know what you’re missing!
How can you have your pudding if you don’t eat your meat!