Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

FoRs CoRe in pretty clean front yard hunt....

Posted by Jack Flynn 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
FoRs CoRe in pretty clean front yard hunt....
September 20, 2015 09:20AM
Weather has been nice so riding and stopping to ask permission as people are outside enjoying cooler weather. Got permission on a small front yard on the main street downtown. 1890 house, no silver again but the fever is spreading. The neighbor at the house nest door gave the OK for the next hunt. Couple of wheats, memorials, (no zincs) couple clad, and a half dollar sized foreign 1940 one cent??? Real clean dirt, not trashy. Stock coil is deep, one wheat at a good 9 inches or a little more. So clean I dug all the higher TID targets.

Re: FoRs CoRe in pretty clean front yard hunt....
September 20, 2015 01:57PM
Nice haul Jack

looks like a canadian LG penny

Cool find thumbs down
September 20, 2015 02:02PM
Hey Jack, why is it we find so many more wheats than we do silver dimes? I expect Tom D can tell us the ratio of pennies to dimes carried in a pocket by decade <g>, and I guess it's easier to spot a shiny dime for retrieval, but I still can't help but wonder at the scarcity of vintage dimes compared to wheats.

Wayne

Pleasant Garden, NC
AT Max, Nokta Impact, MX Sport, Nokta FORS Relic, GPX 4800, Infinium, Racer, Deus, F75SE, Nautilus DMC II (order of acquisition, last to first)

Does an archeologist argue with a plow? A bureaucrat with a bulldozer?
September 20, 2015 03:04PM
Wayne,

Ratio's? That's my forte.
For every 5-1/2 wheats (1940's 1950's) ............ I find a silver Roosevelt. For every 5-1/2 early wheats....... I find a Mercury dime. For every 5-1/2 (1890's 1900's) Indians....... I find a Barber dime. And................. after 44 years of hunting ............. I can "almost" claim the exact ratio/number for early Indian's to Seated dimes.

Silver quarters have not quite fit into a dialed-in ratio .............. and demographics plays a role in the equation.
September 20, 2015 04:38PM
You don't disappoint, Tom. Now all I have to do is find 2 or 3 more wheats and I'll have that next silver dime!

Wayne

Pleasant Garden, NC
AT Max, Nokta Impact, MX Sport, Nokta FORS Relic, GPX 4800, Infinium, Racer, Deus, F75SE, Nautilus DMC II (order of acquisition, last to first)

Does an archeologist argue with a plow? A bureaucrat with a bulldozer?
September 21, 2015 01:34AM
Well I've picked up 6 or 7 silver dimes in the last month or so. It's just a matter of getting the coil over them if you ask mesmileys with beer Right now I'm on a 3 hunt no silver streak after getting silver dimes the previous 3 hunts so in the last 6 hunts I'm at a 50% silver pull rate lol.
September 21, 2015 08:50AM
Nice article and nice haul there... Do like the Fors Core, very fast machine.
September 21, 2015 08:59AM
CoRe and the Racer, yes I do...........
September 21, 2015 06:43PM
Jack

Nice tale.
That "large 1940 cent" is a George VI English penny
They are our staple mainstay as they are literally "everywhere"
Whenever I'm testing anything "new" if they come up from previously detected sites then that
New machine is "deeper"
Regular finds at 6" - 14"
Yes... They make a BIG sound!!!